August Check in ***Wed 6***

jubinmic

Good morning everyone,
I thought I would start off today's thread as I am about to run shortly and don't know if I'll have access to a computer for the rest of the day. I'm still in recovery mode and will be doing Push and Pull today. Have a great workout everyone,
Justine:D

Goodmorning Justine and all who follow,

Today I will be doing a B&G premix. I'm looking forward to it. I have to wait till DS takes a nap :) I might go groceries today, still debating, lol.

Justine Enjoy your workout today! :)

I'll BBL

Good Morning Ladies!!

Today is MIS....yowzers! That's all I have to say about that.

Ivy- Even though I fear today's workout, I still fear B&G more....lol
Justine- Have fun with Push/Pull!

BBL!

Iris

Hello everyone!!! Monday-was the gym for me.Tues-Pyramid lower body-Boy does my buttocks hurt today. I really don't ever remember feeling this sore before. I've been concentrating more on the muscle I am working and it seems to make a difference. Today is my day off.
Iris-enjoy MIS -I love that DVD. I am usually drenched after that one.

Laperez-Enjoy B&G. I don't have that one, but I am sure its a killer!!

Justine-What are you recovering from, been off the forum a couple of days. Enjoy Push and Pull-I always enjoy that one,Its really not on the rotations too much. BBL!! -Lisa

Hi Justine, Ivy, Iris and Lisa!

I'm about to head downstairs to do IMAX 3! Gotta psych myself up for this one...

I think I might do Coremax tomorrow with PLB instead of today. I'll have more time, and it will split up the abs every other day this week.

BBL!!!!

Hello again everyone!

MIS went pretty well.....had a great lower body workout, but upper left a bit to be desired, I ended up having to pause and lighten up a bit....*wonders what that was about* but oh well, still got a good w/o.

Nurse- you think PLB left you sore? Then you neeed to get B&G! It's killllerrr....
Boingo- Good luck with IMAX 3....I need to start psyching myself up weeks in advance for that one....lol

Have a great day everyone!

Iris

Good morning ladies...

I started back to homeschooling the kids yesterday. So, I have been busy yesterday and today. We are still finishing up today's lessons. They did alot of workbooks over the summer and the vacationing...

Anyway, I am going to get to Imax 3 here in a little bit...

Justine: Push/pull is a good one. Good luck with it!!

Ivy: ooohh, I love the firewalkers. The work so well!! I did the grocery shopping yesterday. we had nothing in the house after being gone for almost a week...

Iris: I haven't done MIS in a while. But, I remember it being tough..I am sore from PUB yesterday. I knew I would be too..

Lisa: I have PLB tomorrow. I know the soreness will be all over my body after that one! LOL

Chris: I am going to be jumping around with ya today. I am going to do IMAX 3 too. What segment of coremax will you do tomorrow? I will probably end up doing #1. I like that one. Especially after yesterday and those pikes. Those are SO hard!

Ok, ladies..I will be back later to check in again. Imax 3 is calling me!!

Hi Ladies! How's it going?

I awoke to a nice feeling of DOMs from PUB yesterday :)

I like that as I haven't felt any type of DOMS in awhile, I actually enjoy the soreness :p

I also did my WI this am and I'm down 2# - huh? where did that come from? I'm not even trying to lose weight as it is my dh thinks I'm too thin and fights me all the time about it.
Heck I'll take it though :eek:

Imax3 for today I'm soooo tempted to do a run instead lol

OMG I LOVE B&G - don't be scared to do it - just do it - its a great one!

I have the drywall guy here now so gots to go

Have a great day Ladies and I'll try to get back on here later if I can.

picture.php

Hi ladies!! OK, I have a confession - I cheated a bit on the rotation today. I was supposed to do Imax3, but didn't think my knees could take all that jumping. OK...and it intimidates me a bit!! So, I did Amy's Hi/Lo Dome Challenge instead. Fun workout! Then I did the bosu and step sections from Tracey's Core Blast.

I'm doing PLB tomorrow - that one always leaves me sore!

I love B&G, too! One of my favorite Cathe workouts!

I'm not too sore from PUB - just a bit. It might kick in more later, though. Sometimes it sneaks up on me.

See ya all later....

Joanne

Good Morning Ladies
I just woke up. It felt nice to sleep in, i'm off work today Yeah! Yesterday was my rest day. I'm doing PS series again this week. Today is Leaner Legs plus PLB ball work.
Justine Push and Pull is a great one I love the premixes it makes it even harder:D
Ivy B&G is Awesome! Leg blast is my fave!
Iris I love pulling out the oldies they are just as good as the new ones sometimes even harder!! Have fun doin MIS
Lisa enjoy your day off! I'm sure your legs need it!
Kathy and Vilma Love Imax 3. I'be been starting off with the blast first then the combos just to change it up real hard!
BBL
Randi

Hi every one it seems like a few of you are struggling with doing Imax 3 today. How did you all make out? Kudos to all of you who completed. I must admit I was dreading doing it this morning so I did PLB and seg 1 or Core max;). I will be doing Imax 3 tomorrow. I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning since it was raining out. The sound of rain was so calming and soothing. But I rolled out and completed PLB. :D

Last night I went for a 10 mile bike ride with my friend. It was nice to get in extra activity.

Good news we have someone coming tomorrow night to look at our house. It makes me feel better about selling the house now that we are having a little activity with showing it.

Randi I can't imagine doing the leg blast first of IMAX 3:eek: you must have some great endurance.

Vilma congrats on the weight loss. I am hoping the scale is nice to me tomorrow.

I love Fire walkers in B&G.

well got to run and get the house ready for the showing tomorrow.

Lori

IMAX 3, DONE!

Wow! :eek:

My DH was actually in the room for the first few intervals. He was looking at me like i was crazy, and that was during the EASY combo part! :D Then he saw me doing the blast where you jump the length of the step, to the other side, turn, etc. He was like "Holy CRAP!" LOL!!

I actually enjoy a few of the jumping blasts. The one where you straddle and jump down, jump up , jump down, etc. AND #10 , doing the jumps with your arms going up and around always make me feel like I'm flying.

So yeah, I'm going to do Coremax tomorrow. If I do something else today, it will be a nice stretch of some sort.

Hi-5's Kathy and *maybe* Vilma for IMAX 3! That is one of the toughest ones for sure!

Kathy: Started school already? ugh. I'm so not looking forward to the "routine" of school. BUT... the time alone sure will be nice for me! Can't have everything, I guess. Not sure which Coremax I'll do. On Saturday , I ended up doing a Pilates for Abs workout. I might end up doing that , or maybe segment #1 of CM. How bout you? Yeah, I'm done with the ball for this week... LOL!!

Ivy: I agree, B&G is one of my favorite lower body workouts! It's tough, but goes so quickly through SO many different exercises. It works everything!

Iris: GREAT job on MIS! I think as long as your body is challenged, you're doing good, heavy or lighter. The pace on MIS is faster too. And I agree, the oldies are misleading , because they're "old", but they are TOUGH!

Joanne: I'm with you, not so much DOM from PUB here either. Your workout sounds like a great sub for IMAX3! It is awfully intimidating, but I swear, once you start it, you're IN! So you have a Bosu, huh? Do you use it alot? Do you like it?

Randi: Sounds like you have a tough LB workout today! Good luck and enjoy your day off!

So it's going to be a loooong day since it's rainy and dreary here today and I have my 2 younger boys IN side. Yuck. I'm going to have to do Something!! Think! Think! Think!

BBL....maybe!

Good morning (or afternoon)!

Justine - hope you had fun with Push and Pull. Even if you don't get access until very late I'm checking this forum at 11p PST so I'll be around :)

Ivy - I'd like to get B&G at one point. I once showed a description for to my DH and said, hey, maybe you need it for *then poked his belly.* To which he then said I was a meanie :p.

Iris - hope you enjoyed MIS!

Lisa - aren't those days when you go, "have I ever been this sore?" both equally painful but sorta good too? Almost like, yeah, I worked it. Now reshape yourself you silly buttock! (ok, maybe you don't yell at your body parts but I do!)

IMAX3 people...yeah, not ready for that one yet. But have fun with it! (Sorta don't envy you actually...)

Randi -- feeling you on the sleeping in...my boss is coming back from out of the country next week so I'm getting all my slackin' in now!

Lori - good luck with the house showing. Do you stick around when people are looking or do you leave? i always feel weird when there are owners around because I feel like I can't say everything I think because I don't want to offend them (not that you would have something like this, but there was one house where I was like, NOW WHY WOULD YOU PAY MONEY TO MAKE THE BATHROOM LOOK LIKE THIS?)

I'm still cramping pretty bad today. (Gosh, I feel bad because I feel like all I've done is whine and moan for the last week because of stupid hormones.) But I think I'm going to drop by the school gym and do some lighter stuff, low impact stuff, and maybe some weight machines before PT. I did manage to stick in HIS cardio yesterday and gave it a try when my cramps were not as bad. I'm AMAZED with my ability to get complicated moves on the first try (like anything with spins) but still have a problem with pivots. Seriously, sometimes I think I have three left feet. But if I can get over the cramps, I'll probably the footwork down for the step routines pretty quickly.

Oh, and I did try the 4DS Kickbox on Monday with DH. What came out of my DH's mouth was so funny but I don't want to get censored on these forums.:)

Lower Body Solution Rotation

Hello everyone! I just finished B&G premix 1 (49 1/2 mins). That was a tough but fun one! I gave it my all and I think I won’t be able to walk for a week, LOL! My legs are FRIED! I hope my C&W/Imax 2 gets here today because I have Imax 2 on schedule for tomorrow, if not, I will switch it for Imax 3.

Iris:
B&G was tough! Great workout with MIS, I wonder if I have that one?

Lisa: Thanks! Enjoy your rest day! B&G is a killer, but it’s so much fun. I need to learn to concentrate on the muscle too when I workout.

Chris: Great job on Imax 3! I might do that one tomorrow if my Imax 2 doesn’t get here. I haven’t done Imax 3 in a LONG time. B&G is one of my favorite lower body workouts too.

Kathy: I love the firewalkers too! They are so much fun, and effective. I need a new band, mines is breaking. I did my groceries today for the week. Enjoy Imax 3!

Vilma: DH fights about me being too thin too. I tell him if I was thin like I used to be about 2 yrs ago, I will be able to fit in all 7 jeans sitting in my closet waiting for me to get back to them. My thighs and butt don’t fit in them, so that’s a sign, LOL! I love DOMS!! Makes me feel like I worked out hard! I have DOMS right now, they might last a while with today’s workout, lol!

Joanne: Great workout! I got that one and it’s fun! I also love Hi/Lo Extreme!

Randi: Enjoy Leaner Legs! I can’t wait to try this one out. I think it’s on my rotation for this month (Lower Body Solution). I can’t wait to try the 4DS/GS rotation you made. I might try that one next month! It looks awesome!!

Lori: WOW! That’s awesome you did a 10 mile bike ride! I feel like I’m going to go coo coo when I do a 2-3 mile bike run, but I have some hills to go through, lol. I’m so excited that you might do Imax 3 tomorrow. That means we won’t be alone on that workout tomorrow! I might do that one instead of Imax 2 (if it doesn’t arrive today). Goodluck with your house! That’s awesome that someone is coming to check it out. I hope we can sell our duplex in MS soon!

Hottie: B&G is awesome! The ab workout in it is great too! I just learned a move there to show my husband so he can work on his abs. He always does the same thing. I wish he would just do Cathe’s workouts, lol. LOL!! I wonder what happened to your DH with 4DS Kickboxing! I LOVE that workout!! I hope you feel better soon from the cramps.

Well ladies I’m going to clean this messy house. DS is still taking a nap so I better run!

I’ll try to bb later if I can.. Have a great day everyone!! Great job all of you on your workouts!

Eating Comfort Zone

I posted this over at OD, but wanted to share here too!
I feel like I came upon a "revelation" for my eating!!! (check out the *sighing theory*)!!!

COMFORT ZONE: When to eat?
Deciding where you are on the comfort zone can be tricky. To determine whether or not I should eat, I ask myself a series of questions.

1. Do I feel like eating? (if yes, go to next question, if not, stop here and don't eat)
2. Do I feel like getting off my butt to fix myself something to eat? (if yes, go to next question, if not, stop here and don't eat)
3. If I didn't eat, would I feel really bad or uncomfortable very soon? (if yes, go to next question, if not, stop here and don't eat)
4. Would I be satisfied with a small snack, such as a piece of fruit, or do I need something more substantial?

Depeding upon your answer to no. 4, prepare yourself a snack or a small meal, or a regular-sized meal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMFORT ZONE: When to stop eating?
Eat until satisfied, not full! That is the tricky part about core. A general rule of thumb is to forget about the idea of cleaning your plate. That no longer exists. Just because you portioned out something doesn't mean that it is the "right amount" for your comfort zone. Stop eating between every few bites and evaluate whether or not you are "satisfied." Sure, you "could" eat more, but then you wouldn't be following core plan.

There is a "sighing" theory to satisfaction (thank you Jennifer) - people tend to sigh at the point when they are satisfied. If you catch yourself doing it, put your fork down.

Respect the Comfort Zone
Practice the Comfort Zone
Master the Comfort Zone

Woohoo!! Just came by really quick to say I got my Cathe Imax2/CW DVD in the mail today! I'm so excited! Amazing how it got here on time for tomorrow's workout, lol. Imax 2 is for tomorrow! I hope you all have a great day! I'll be back tomorrow :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.