August 08****Sunday Aug 17

runlikeagirl

Cathlete
Good Morning All

Getting the thread started. Today is my rest day. Getting ready for Church and then my DS last hockey game for the summer league. Before I know it, hockey will be starting up again for both my sons. ugh then life gets crazy. But boy do I love it.:eek:

I hope everyone has a great day and great work out. I might get in a bike ride with my boys later on today. DH is playing in a golf tournament. Second one this weekend.
BBL to see what everyone is up to...

Lori

Goodmorning Lori and all that follow.

Today is Leaner Legs for me and I will do that later on today. :)

Lori Enjoy your rest day today! :) and your bike ride with the boys.

I'll bb later :)

Hello Everyone!!! Today is also a rest day for me!!! Today is my sister in law b-day so my mother is cooking at her house for brunch-so that is where I am heading today. The dinner at Fogo de Chao was excellent. But, you really have to be a big eater to really enjoy the food. There are 16 different meats coming out in skewers every 3 minutes. You have a placecard at your table(one side is red and the other green)If you have it on the green side they continue to feed you filet, sirloin, ribeye and the list went on and on. They provide you with tongs to pull the meat as they are cutting it at your table. Needless to say I had it on the red most of the time.I was full before I knew it, plus my stomach doesn't do well with meat after I've eaten it. But we did enjoy some dessert, there is ALWAYS room for that!!

IVY- Enjoy meaner legs today, That one DVD I always dread putting on, but its a fantastic workout

Lori-Enjoy your rest day with your family. Do you go to each hockey games for both sons, that would be a hectic schedule but I am sure the boys love it!!

Will check in later -Lisa

Oh by the way Beth my b-day is 2 weeks away from yesterday. I can't believe you remembered. I don't think I am getting the gift I really want-but thats okay I guess I have to wait a bit longer for that ring. -Lisa

Hey everyone!!

Resting today too. I may try to get some yoga or stretching in as I need to loosen up my sore back some..

On my way to th store..Be back later!!

Hey Everyone! It was imax 2 for me today. Chris, I thought about a comment you made a couple of days ago about how you can't stop because the dvd is rolling. I'm the same way!

Lisa, that dinner sounds crazy! I bet it's a fun place to go once -- we have a fondue place in town that is always way too much food and everyone goes about once every ten years. I can't believe they are still in business actually!

Lori, how old are your kids and how long have they been playing hockey? My friend's son plays -- they live in Pittsburgh. Being in CA, it's a little tough for us to play hockey -- not impossible, but more work than I want to sign up for. But since my husband grew up playing, we are hockey fans....

have a great day!!

-Beth

Hello everyone!

Well today I did Leaner Legs and that was a short but kind of tough one. Tomorrow is upper body and I’m looking forward to it. I can’t wait to do some cardio though. I love cardio workouts.

Lisa: I’m glad to hear your dinner at the restaurant last night was great. Leaner (meaner legs, lol) legs was tough, but kind of boring for me. Enjoy your rest day today!

Kathy: Enjoy your rest day!

Beth: WTG on Imax 2, I love that workout. It’s so fun!

Well, it’s more laundry for me today. My DD starts school tomorrow and we are getting things ready for her. I hope you all have a great day today!

I’ll try to bb later!

Hi everyone!

Rest day for me today! I am enjoying the break so I will be all fresh for tomorrow's Imax2.

Lori, I hope you enjoy your bike ride today. Sounds like fun!

Lisa, that restaurant sounds fun. LOL at "meaner" legs!

Beth, great job on Imax2! Is the Pina Colada song stuck in your head now? :)

Ivy, I am joining you on the laundry today. I am way behind!

Kathy, enjoy your rest day! I hope you back loosens up a bit for you.

Have a fantastic Sunday all!!!

Hey Girls!

"Rest" day for me today too. Not even going to do abs, I just don't feel like it , so THERE! LOL!

And so much for my "Ricotta Cheese" theory of no DOMS if you eat it after a workout. My chest and triceps (mostly chest) are tight and sore today!!

Lori: Hope you enjoyed your day and the hockey game! Your boys picked such a tough sport, timewise and equipment wise!, ... but i bet it's fun to watch. So fast paced!

Lisa; That dinner sounds fun, but I would be the same way. It wouldn't be worth it for me, because even though my eyes are BIG, I get full quickly too. EXCEPT, I also always have room for dessert too!

Ivy: I don't have the series that Leaner Legs is in. Is it one of the toughest? Howso? Heavy weights? Or lots of repetition? How long does the workout run?

Beth: You got to do IMAX 2 before me!! It's on tap for tomorrow. Not my best of energy days, but I'll do my best. And yes, you can't just STOP in the middle! LOL!!

Hey..Did you guys look at the ab work this week? It's 2 days in a row and than not on for 4 days. Do you think that's ok or should we try to switch it up?

Kathy:
Hope you enjoy your stretching!! It always feels so good, I know I need to do it more..

Becca:
enjoy your rest day! SEe you tomorrow for IMAX2!

Hubby is off gettting Chinese food take out... I get so head hungry on Sundays, probably not a good thing! LOL!!!

See you guys tomorrow afternoon...

Hi all

Back from Hockey. DS team won in over time shoot out 9-7. I thought it was the last game but they have playoffs. My oldest son who played today is 14 he will be starting hs in a little over a week. (Where does the time go?) He will be playing for HS and the leagues he has been playing for since he was 5. My other son is 10 and has been playing since he was 4. I do try to go to ALL the games. I think that is why my youngest son doesn't even want to play. He thinks hockey is boring. DH never even played hockey and I never liked the sport until they started playing. Now I watch it on TV. We become "hockey snobs" in the winter because we hardly see our friends and family because of all the games and practices.

Chris I tried the Chobani Greek Yogurt plain non fat hmmm :eek:its going to take some getting use to. I put blueberries in it. It is very thick.

Lori

Chris: Leaner Legs is only 49 mins, but it’s a pretty tough workout. The weights aren’t that heavy, I think the heaviest is 35 lbs that she uses on the barbell. I know my legs will be feeling this workout tomorrow. It did seam repetitive the workout, but it was good. I love my CTX series though. To me it’s so worth it and I would buy it again if I had too. But, I think Leaner Legs is not the toughest leg workout Cathe has. Enjoy your rest day! Yummy! I love Chinese food! Enjoy!! :)

Well ladies, I’m going to TRY to achieve the imposible, LOL!!! Starting tomorrow I’m going to TRY to start working out at 5:530am. I hope I can make it. I think this will make my daily schedule a lot better since it’s one less thing to worry about in the day, especially since I’m going to start working soon. Well, I hope you all have a great day! I will bb tomorrow.

P.S. Do any of you workout that early?

Hi Everyone! Just came by really quick to let you all know that if you don't see me online for 2 days or so it's because of that Tropical Storm Fay that's coming to FL. I might not be able to turn on the computer because of thunders or cause I might have no electricity.

Hope to be able to check in tomorrow :)

That's a lot of hockey games, Lori. I still haven't found that yogurt -- I love thick yogurt. I mostly buy Trader Joe's greek style for my thick yogurt -- even the nonfat is so thick and yummy. Well, I think so anyway. :)

Chris, I think though I said I'm doing this month's rotation, I may have moved things around a bit, and switched it up! Yes, Imax 2 is so much fun, and yes, I'm singing Pina Colada! :)
I wonder if the two days of abs/core in a row is more of Cathe's way of shocking us. I won't try to answer your question about should we mix it up since I already have!! :)

I'm going through a giant pile of mail that's been sitting for weeks, and holding my breath that I don't have any overdue bills. Back to it.....

-Beth

Hi everyone we went on our bike ride and my youngest son (6.5) got so mad we he saw this BIG hill that we had to go up. Oh was he mad:mad: I don't like hills they slow me down! I told him its ok to walk up the hill. I don't like to walk he would say. I think because he was mad and kept going on and on about the way we went that it made him go faster the rest of the ride. So I feel like I got a good WO. We did 4 miles and then he went in the house with his older brother and DS and I continued on for another 2 miles.

Ivy when school starts I get up between 5-5:30 to get my workout done. I think you can do it as long as you set your mind to it and go to bed a little earlier. I don't have a place that I can leave my weights and step out so right before I go to bed I pull out all the equipment that I need for the work out. I also pull out my workout clothes.

Beth have full with that mail. I don't like it when I do that.

Lori

Lori Your DS sounds like my DD when we ride bikes. Yup! I told DH that I will be pulling out all my workout equipment before bedtime so that I can start my workout right away when I wake up. I just HOPE that DS (almost 2 yrs old) doesn't wake up at that time. I'm doing it this early too so that I don't have to do it later on while he's awake because it seems like he wants to stop taking naps and it's so hard to focus on my workouts when he's awake because he gets into everything, lol. I'll let you all know if I was able to get up and do it, which I will force myself to do it, I heard once you do it for 4 weeks, it becomes a habit, so we'll see :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.