August '08 Checkin***Thursday 14th***

Pinny150

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies!!
Just getting us started.........and about to do LIC for the first time, and looking forward to it!

BBL

Goodmorning Iris and all that follow!

Well, I'm so glad they are going to take of this HRM today. It's bothering me. The problem I was feeling with my possible heart didn't happen yesterday when I had this thing on, but it did happen the day before. I'm so mad! Watch, now when they take it off today, it will happen. Oh well. Today is MM and I'm so looking forward to it! :)

Yesterday I did 4DS HIS, but only up to 20 mins because my HRM stickies 2 of them were getting loose. So do you guys think that yesterday would count as a day off? Or maybe just leave it that way and forget about Imax 3 and just take Friday off?

Iris:
I LOVE LIC!!! It's super fun! Enjoy it! Can't wait to hear what you think.

I'll bb later after the doc :)

Hello again!

Lap- I love MM...I hope you have a great workout! I loved LIC...great music..i was hooked from the warm-up!! Good luck at the doc's today...;)

BBL

Good morning ladies..

Today's workout will be MIC...I will be a sweaty mess I am sure..Not too sore today. My lower back is a little sore. BUt, ok!!

Iris: I love LIC..Glad you enjoyed it

Ivy: If it were me, I would still take the Friday rest day and count yesterday. You have been working hard..Good luck at the Dr. I hope they figure out what has been wrong..

Iris Thanks! I'm glad to hear you enjoy LIC. It's such fun and the music is awesome.

Kathy Thanks! Ok. I will take Friday off then :) Wouldn't want to push myself too hard. I think the next day off after Friday is next Saturday, so yea, it's a good thing to take Friday off. Goodluck with MIC, when I did the step part it was fun but tough for me, lol.

Monday is PUB, and I don't have that workout, which one should I sub it for?

Ok. Now I'm on my way to the doc. I'll bb later :)

Hey Everyone!

Well we all survived the night. No emergency phone calls from camp. I freaked out just a wee bit more after seeing him at "Family Night" at camp, and finding out his best friend, Chris, wasn't staying over because he didn't feel good. Chris knows him so well, and I felt better having them together. So I was in a bit of a tizzy for the evening, ALMOST stress ate. Did I tell you guys I "lost" it yesterday during the daytime? I sat and ate a bunch of tortilla chips and then started eating Marshmallow Fluff out of the jar! :eek: Well, that jar started calling my name last night again, but DH distracted me, we watched the Olympics together, and I ended up falling asleep on the couch!

Today is MIC for me too!! Yep, I'm expecting to be a sweaty mess too, Kathy! :p Can't wait! :confused:

Iris: ANOTHER lover of LIC here too! it goes by so fast when you're into it like that!

Ivy: I can imagine that monitor being a PIA to wear! I hope they're able to tell what's going on with it. A friend of mine had to wear one recently because she was having runs of HIGH HR's out of the blue. Ended up being NON cardiac related, and they attributed it to hormones. Other causes could be thyroid issues, so make sure they work you up thoroughly from every angle! I would definitely NOT count yesterday as a 'rest' day. You did something, and sometimes less is better to break it up anyhow. I say keep going with the rotation as is. There really ISN'T a good sub for PUB, it's so unique. But maybe you could do the upper body premix from HIS/LIS series? I think that's what I would do.

BBL...Psyching myself to get downstairs to tackle MIC!! :eek:

Ivy: I agree with Chris. It is hard to sub the pyramids. But, as long as you are working your upper body. It will be good. So, I would say anything that is a total upper body workout.

Chris: So glad to hear that your overnight stay went well. I would be freaking too. I didn't have a good eating day yesterday either. I started out really good. Then around 4pm I just kept eating!! TOM has a little to do with it. I am trying to be mindful of my eating today! I am trying to get psyched too. I like the workout until she gets to the step part. It isn't my favorite combo on the step...

Hey Everyone! Chris, I'm glad you made it through the night! Thought about you. Ivy, sorry about the HRM -- it just goes that way, doesn't it?!

I did a little bit of turbo jam this morning -- just got it yesterday. I can see if you really hold the positions like she wants you to, you could really tone up better than regular kickboxing but I found it really hard to hold that tuck while moving fast. I almost took a rest day today -- think I will tomorrow. Did you see that discussion about when to know if you really need a rest day and when you are just being lazy? It was sort of interesting. For me, I really like to work out, so I have to schedule the rest days. And, I alternate between thinking I want a rest day on the weekend or during the week. Cathe's rotations usually have them on the weekend, but since I'm not so rushed then, it seems crazy to take a rest day when I have more time to work out.

I'm babbling and probably not making much sense. I'm going to have some coffee... have a great day!

-Beth

Great day everyone...

Today will be cc vol 1 today...I'm really enjoying this active rest schedule I'm on even though I thought I would be starting my intense workout schedule last week.

Bitmover-You got me thinking about rest days and listening to your body. I often get a malaise feeling when I push it too hard. I've been doing an active recovery for the past couple of weeks and boy do I feel better and more energetic! I guess I pushed it a little too hard and will be scheduling more rest days when I start my new rotation. Turbo Jam is fun..have you ever taken a live class?

Chris and Kathy-I hope you enjoyed MIC.
Marshmallows...yum! I sometimes roast this over my stove top...its my city living version of camping out and being in the woods :eek:.

Ivy-you could do 4DS upper body premix if you own this series. Its not the pyramid technique in the traditional sense, but like PUB, the emphasis is on strength so the repetitions are slower than you would find in Cathe's other workouts. Glad the monitor is coming off and I hope you enjoyed your workout!

Pinney--I hope you enjoyed your workout! What is LIC?

Iris, glad you enjoyed LIC!! Isn't the music fun? Did you do the weights, too?

Ivy, good luck at the doc today. That always happens - when you need something to happen - it doesn't!! I say go ahead and take a rest day on Friday. PUB is pretty unique, but you could do the upper body premix from Muscle Max, if you have that. Or the 4DS upper body premix would work too - but that's long!

Kathy, good for you for tackling MIC!! Anyone else doing it today? I confess, I subbed another workout for it. But I think I probably got as worn out and sweaty as I would have with MIC! I did Athletic Step Jam - it's a CIA DVD by Sharon Twombly. Really fun and the music is awesome! It's about 70 minutes of cardio if you do the whole thing and for once I actually made it through all of it. I did some of the core work, too.

Chris, I'm so glad to hear everything went well at camp. I know that stress eating thing. But, it doesn't sound like you did too bad and today's another day, right?

Beth, Turbo Jam is fun. I usually will do one of those when I'm not really feeling into working out and want to do something. They're good workouts, but I don't dread them at all cause they're fun. I'll have to look for that discussion on rest days. Sometimes I can really tell when I need one and sometimes one is scheduled and I don't want to take it.

BBL...

Joanne

Holy Sweatfest!

Everytime I do one of Cathe's workouts, I think they are so aptly named! MAXIMUM Intense Cardio is EXACTLYthat! It doesn't END, does it?? Crazy as this sounds, I was thinking at the end: "Bring it on! Let's do the sequence again!!" :p For some reason the Hi/Lo didn't bug me as much as it usually does, but it did bug me some. I can not stand the knee lift hands in all directions combos and also the kicks to the side... I HATE them! I kind of like the step combo, Kathy! Except for the 'sashays'.

I did notice my calf starting to hurt a little. (Had a calf pull in February). So I better watch it. Tomorrow is GS Upper body stuff, and Saturday KPC, so it will rest my calf from step for a bit anyhow.

I thought about DOMS and the Ricotta Cheese from yesterday, and I think it worked! I do have a bit of soreness if I *think* about it or stretch it, but not real sore! I might continue trying to eat it after weight work if I can.

Kathy: Glad I'm in good company with my "off" eating !! :) I did survive Zach at camp, not without some frayed nerves, but I made it. I am proud of him getting to do 12 year old boy stuff and not have the diabetes limit him.

Beth: Which Turbo Jam did you get? the one with the 2 discs in it? The tuck IS hard to hold in the beginning. Don't even worry about it. I swear, everytime i do the cardios from TJ, my abs and CORE really feel it the next day! I'll have to check out the discussion about rest days. I usually just take them when the rotation says (actually I can't work out on Sundays when I work, so it isn't a problem). There are some days I'm not into it as much, but I always try it, and if I STILL am not into it in 15 minutes of working out, I'll stop. I think I've stopped 1 or 2 times in all my years of working out!

Justine: Active recovery weeks are nice because you just do what you feel like, nothing intense. it's good!! Oh, I wasn't eating MARSHMALLOWS, (But I do love them too). Not sure if they have this any where else but the East coast, but it's Marshmallow FLUFF. It comes in a jar, and is white marshmallow spread, you can make a sandwich with it with Peanut Butter (YUM!). It's pure evil!!

Off to the showers, just finished my Post-workout snack!!

BBL...

Hi all

Iris I love LIC. Glad you enjoyed it.

Ivy I would have to agree with everyone that you did do some type of a work out yesterday and still take Friday as your rest day. Let us know how you make out.

Chris WTG on surviving the camp overnight. I was thinking of you last night while listening to talk radio. yes I am a talk radio junkie. Laura Ingraham topic was about parents who send their kids to camp with cell phones. They go to the extreme to get that cell phone into the camp by sticking them in the kids teddy bear. LOL. I for one am all for sending my child with a cell phone. Not because I need to know his every move just to say Hi and know that he is OK. :cool: I've done it both ways with cell phone and with out. But the time that he didn't have one my friends child was at the same camp with a cell and I was told that he was doing fine.

I did MIC and lets just say that I wasn't as successful as everyone else. I only did 60 min It really kicked my butt:mad: I wasn't too happy about stopping it but I had to. Those uneven lunges got me:mad:! I will be going for a bike ride with my DS this afternoon so I guess that will make up for the cardio that I missed out on.

Today was WI and I am up 1# :eek::( (TOM) Maybe if I didn't stop my workout this morning I would have maintained. LOL. I brought my Cathe Calendar to my meeting to show my leader (who lost 70#'s and kept it off for 20 years probably weighs about 100 -110) at last weeks meeting she was talking about tracking our workouts. I wanted to show her how I keep track. She really liked the calendar. I also brought in the catalog and she kept it and is going to check out Cathe.

WTG to all of you you COMPLETED your workouts Turbo Jam and MIC LIC CC etc. High 5's.:D
Lori

Re: rest discussion... the subject is something like "How do you tell when...." check it out! :)

Re: Turbo jam... I've never been to a live class, and based on what I must have looked like this morning, I probably never will! :) When I was at the July road trip, a lot of people kept talking about how fun it is, so I just went to the sight and bought some packaged deal they have. It includes five different workouts, though one of them is the Learn & Burn thing. Let's see if I can remember what else it has: 20 minute work out, Ab Jam, some thing with a weight, Turbo Party?, oh, now it's all blending together! And it came with her hand weights, which I already had, so I may pass on to my friend.

re: Talk Radio.... I'm not hooked on that, but I am hooked on NPR shows. I put podcasts on my ipod and listen to them in bed when I'm falling asleep (or just can't sleep), when waiting for the kids at piano lessons, when folding laundry, etc. I love This American Life, Fresh Air, and Wait, Wait. Geez, all the gadgets and gizmos we have.... our mothers must have been so bored!

ETA: the thread is "How do you tell the difference?"

cheers,

-Beth

Hello everyone!

I just finished MM and it was very good. I’m so glad tomorrow is my day off because I can tell my body needs a day off. I went to the doc today so they can take the machine off and the doc said he will call me when he reviews the results. So we’ll see what happens.

Chris: I’m glad you had no emergency phone calls from camp. I have Hypothyroidism so the doc had me take blood work for that too yesterday. We’ll see what the results say. Maybe my thing is hormone and not heart, who knows. I’ll let you all know what the doc says. Yes! I was thinking the same thing, that I might just do HIS/LIS upper body premix. Hi-5 on MIC! That is exactly what I thought when the name MAXIMUM is the name of the workout, lol! Even though I did only the step portion, I was running out of breath. YAY!! We both got KPC for Saturday!! Cool!

Beth: Great workout today! I love TJ! I can just kick myself for selling them though! I wish I never sold them now. I love to workout too! I kind of hate rest days because I love to workout all the time.

Jubinmic: Thanks! Yup! I’m definitely going to do HIS/LIS Upper Body premix in sub of PUB. Enjoy CCv1. I told DH I will be buying him that really soon.

Joanne:
Thanks! Now I just need to wait for the doc to call me with the blood work and HRM results. I’ll let you all know how it goes.

Well, no workout for me tomorrow then. I must say I’m kind of happy about it because I have been working out for 9 days straight! Saturday is KPC! Love kickboxing!

Have a good day everyone! Great workouts today!

Hey Ivy, I have hypothyroidism, too, and if your dose is too high, you can get funny heart beat stuff going on -- hopefully that's all it is! Have you been on a steady dose for a long time?

We are getting new cubicles at work today, so most of my stuff is packed up and there's lots of noise... hard to work....

-Beth

Hey Ivy, I have hypothyroidism, too, and if your dose is too high, you can get funny heart beat stuff going on -- hopefully that's all it is! Have you been on a steady dose for a long time?

We are getting new cubicles at work today, so most of my stuff is packed up and there's lots of noise... hard to work....

-Beth

Beth: Hi! I've had Hypothyroidism 4-5 yrs now. I started with .075mg, then after having my son about 2 yrs ago, I dropped to .05mg. I hope that's what it is then because I would LOVE to have lower dosage on thyroid. That would mean it's getting better! :) Now I can't wait till the doc calls to let me know. How long have you had Hypo?

Ivy, I've had mine for many many years now.... maybe at least 20 -- I don't even remember. I don't know that it ever gets "better", but it does change at times. I've had my dose changed both up and down over the years. I have hashimoto's disease and a super-enlarged thyroid, so I know mine's never going to get any better!

I do hope that's what is the cause of your strange heart beat because it's an easier thing to correct.

-Beth

Beth Wow! 20 yrs is a long time. I also hope that's what it is. Sometimes I wonder if it's the new birthcontrol that I just started taking about 2 months ago (Yazmin).

Hello all!!!

I have a confession to make: I could not bring myself to do MIC today.:eek: I did RS instead. I put the disc in and realized that I am just not a fan of MIC, but I do love RS and I was a big sweaty mess afterwards so it's all good!

RE: the RT: I have pictures posted on my album on my "MyCatheSpace" page. I know some of you have peeked at them, thanks for your comments. :D My sister went with me and it was a ton of fun. I am DYING to order STS after talking to Cedie. She said it did remarkable things for her body. She is working out at home now and she never did that before STS. Cathe was as sweet as could be and I was thinking that she would dial back the step class a notch since we were in a live class. HECK NO! It was a tough class and I was drippy wet when it was over. I totally enjoyed it though. We did Boot Camp right afterwards. That was a BLAST! I am not a huge BC fan, but doing all those drills with all those people made me work so hard and really get into it. After that class we had lunch (all the food was DELISH!) and had a lecture about periodization (another reason I want to get STS!). Then we did a lower body blast class. I could not walk up the stairs to the bathroom after that! My legs were total jello. Sat night we had a little Cathe fun in the filming studio. We played trivia games, won prizes and got to do a tiny step routine behind Cathe. It felt like I was in one of her videos. :cool: Sunday morning was Kickboxing then brunch and that Diner. I think I just about have the NJ accent down. ;) It was such a great experience and I can't get over how super sweet Cathe and crew are in person.

Iris, so glad you enjoyed LIC. That is high on my fave list as well!

Chris, why do you even have fluff in your house?!?!? I would be eating it with a spoon as well!;) Glad to hear that camp went well last night.

Ivy, Hopefully your HR problem is just a med issue. When will you know the results? I'm voting for an extra rest day on Friday for you as well. It sounds like you could use it.

Kathy, good job with MIC. You are a better woman than me!

Beth, WTG on Turbo Jam. What do you think of Chalene? I am trying to decide if I would like her personality on screen or not.

Lori, that is EXACTLY what I would have done with MIC. Don't feel bad about it. I am sure the extra pound was TOM and water weight. WTG on the new Cathe convert at WW! ;)

Joanne, sounds like you had a great WO today as well!

Justine, WTG on CCV1. That is a fun one! Enjoy the rest of your active rest week!

Have a great Thursday evening all!!!

Becca Thanks! I think they will let me know by tomorrow if not, by the 25th, because they told me they are all going on vacation next week. WTG on RS! I love that wo. It's super fun!! But, I never can't finish it since it's so hard for me right now, lol. I hope to buy STS one day too! I was telling my DH that I would love to be able to go to one of Cathe's RT one day! :)

I hope you all have a goodnight! I'll bb tomorrow morning. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.