August 08 Checkin Sat 23rd

randidiane

Cathlete
Good Mornin
Wow i'm exhausted its 5am i'm getting ready for work BLAH! I'm not going to fit my workout in today, work till 5 then I have to get ready to go to my friends b-day party at 7. We are going to Dave and Busters (arcade for adults:)) Have a great day everyone have to get ready for work now!
Randi

Goodmorning Randi and all that follow...

Today is rest day and I'm so happy about it. Tomorrow is supposed to be PLB + 30 run, but I don't know what to do for PLB because I don't have that workout. Any suggestions?

I hope you all have a great day today and enjoy your workouts! :)

Randi I hope you have a great time at D&B, I heard it's an awesome place! I would love to be able to go one day :)

Good Morning Ladies!

It is also a rest day (week) for me. I have two very long work days today and tomorrow.......:confused:

Shiznit...I posted before I was ready...lol

Lap- I take a week off (or close to) every two months....( as suggested by various fitness enthusiasts)....i will do some light cardio mon.- wed. and then back to it on Thursday...:D

Randi- Have a great time tonight!

See you all tomorrow!

Iris

Good morning ladies!!

Today's workout is PS: Back and biceps...My son has his first baseball practice of the season today. So, we will be doing that later. Then, I need to go to the grocery store. I amout of eggs and milk..The essentials!!

Randi: Have a great time at your friend's party..

Ivy and Iris: Enjoy those rest days!!

Ivy: I would do any workout that is a total lower body workout. Like Butts & gutts or legs & glutes..

HI again..

Checking back with Pure Strength: Back, biceps & abs done...NOw we are off to my son's baseball practice..

Be back later!!

Good Morning everyone

Randi have a good day at work...and fun tonight I've never heard of Dave and Buster. Sounds like fun.

Ivy enjoy your rest day. What are you going to do today anything fun? We are going to my son's Hockey playoff game tonight. DH is going to pick up our new running shoes he ordered. I can't wait to get them on my feet.

Kathy how was your work out? I don't have PS so I did GS BSB and them 8 min abs from Body Max 2.

BBL

Lori:cool:

Hi Everyone!

It's Saturday, what can I say. I woke up tired (still got that fatigue) with a little headache. I was toying with the idea of not working out, but I took some Advil Gel Caps and went and did PS: Back, Biceps & Abs. The headache went away, but I could have fallen asleep during the stretching! And I just have this meloncholy/sad feeling. I hate hormones! But..I challenged myself on the weights, so hopefully I'll get a little DOMS from that short workout...

Randi: Your day sounds busy! Have fun tonight, that sounds like a blast!

Ivy: enjoy your rest day! it's well deserved!! I think any of the lower body weight workouts would be ok to replace PLB. Do you have 4DS? Maybe a long premix from that.

Iris: You made me LOL @ "shitznit"!! So every 2 months you take a rest week? Hmmmm.. I was doing every 4-6 months. Do you think that's too long? I understand about the long work days... I'm with ya!!

Kathy: PS wasn't so bad this morning, huh? Sweet & Short!! Baseball season starts now? What a strange time for baseball to start. I always thought it was a Spring/summer sport? My oldest son wants to do Basketball again this year. He loved it last year.

Lori:
I think you worked WAY harder with BSB today! Enjoy the hockey play offs! ... What kind of running sneakers are you getting? I love new sneakers!

Enjoy your Saturdays, everyone...

Chris I am getting Asics:D Its all I wear. I'm not sure of the # or if they are Gel etc DH picked them out for me;). I don't even remember what color he said he got! LOL

I was having one of those days yesterday. I just felt so tired and BLAH! I am doing better today.

Lori

Lori: I don’t think we are doing anything today. Everyone around here is just cleaning up the mess that Fay left (branches, etc.). My DH is going to clean our pool today. The frogs have been getting inside and stuff (YUCK). Where did you order the shoes from?

Chris: Yup! I got 4DS, I might do that premix then. Thank you! :)

Way to go everyone on your workouts!! I hope you all enjoy the rest of the day today! It’s raining right now and I think I’m going to clean my house today.

Good morning everyone! I disappeared yesterday -- had a great day with my boys and some friends at an amusement park and then right when we got back we quickly went to school to learn class assignments (yea -- my boys are in great situations!) and then back home to meet up with friends visiting from Switzerland --- whew! It was a full day where I never got to the bathroom and I was so hot and sweaty by the end of it -- but it was fun.

Chris, thanks for the advice on turbo jam yesterday. I have cardio party, so I ended up doing the 20 minute one + cardio party both while wearing weighted gloves. I didn't feel like I worked all that hard (though I got plenty sweaty). Get this -- my HRM showed I had pretty similar calorie burn to IMAX 3!!! I was floored. I obviously didn't work my body as hard, but it's nice to know the burn was (theoretically) there (I'm not sure how accurate those things are!). I can see why people say to use turbo jams on days when you need a little break. I really can't get her whole hip thrust/ab thing. I must look like a total spaz when I do it!

Great workouts (and workout plans) everyone! Have a great day!

-Beth

Happy Saturday everyone...
I feel like my fitness level has dropped or I'm just having a bad day. I just started reintroducing Cathe's workouts this week and boy do I feel them...the funny thing is that I'm not6 even doing her hard workouts i.e. CTX cardio + 2 weight segments...today I did bicep and tricep work and ctx kick box.

Randi-Have fun at D&B...what a fun place

Iris &Ivy-I hope you have a great rest day...Ivy...maybe try 4DS upper premix...

Kathy and boingo-I hope you enjoyed your PS workouts. If you own Gym styles, which of these two workout series do you prefer?

Lori-Asics sound amazing, I need to try on a pair when I'm out shopping this afternoon because I need something to support my feet during lateral movement. What do you like about the Asics brand of runners?

Ivy I figured you would be cleaning up after fay. I am glad I never find frogs in our pool. Its above ground so all we get are bugs and leaves. ;)

My DH friend works for a foot dr so we order them through his his friend.

Jub I only wear asics for running. They feel great on my feet so light and airy. I need to get new shoes for step if any one has a suggestion for that I would love to hear them?

Lori

Hey, seems like most of you have gotten everything done today (its pretty late I guess). Today, I wanted to go back to C&W since I was avoiding after the whole knee popping incident. Man, I love that workout. I'm thinking about setting some time tonight to see if I can learn some of the footwork on BM2 since its been sitting with all the other DVDs to be given to DH on Wednesday.

As for step shoes, Lori -- I have Ryka N-gage Studio Mids (black). I love them. I never take them out of the house -- its is solely used for indoor exercising. I have really funny feet so I'm picky about which shoes I get and I find that it gives me great support laterally. I replaced the insoles with Sole Perfomance insoles a couple months ago only because I have super duper flat feet and I wanted some extra support and it was on sale. Though it wasn't reall too much of a problem before I changed insoles, I definitely am happy with the system I have now:

http://www.ryka.com/footwear.asp?product_id=92#

I use Asics Kayano for running. My husband LOVES his Saucony Progrid Trigon Ride. If he could marry that shoe he would (except that I would have to promptly hurt him afterwards). Both are great lightweight shoes for forward movement but I would never suggest step or anything requiring lateral support for them. But for running quickly and support, they're fantastic.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.