Attn: Stacy (Lays Potato Chips)

getnfit@38

Cathlete
Hi Stacy,
I was reading the post on krispy kreme's and saw your comment about potato chips.
You do know Lays has a brand that is less calories/no fat and just as tasty as the full fat ones don't you?!

Lays "WOW" potato chips are awesome! They come regular and ripple cut, and I tell you as a sister potato chip lover that they taste just as good as the regular Lays, they're just thinner!
15 chips= 70 calories/0 fat/17g carbs/2g protein/1g fiber

If you haven't tried them, give them a try, I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting a "diet" taste, or "Pringles type of freeze-dried" taste, but they tasted like regular potato chips to the point I was ready to accuse them of lying! :)
Donna

Oh, yes, I know all about the "WOW" brand...so named, because when I buy them, I say "WOW" I just ate the entire bag in one sitting!! :)

Thanks for the info though, lol.

I cant wait til they come up with great tasting zero calorie potato chips. Diet soda has no calories, why cant "diet" chips??

:) Stacy

I am cracking up! ROTFLOL!!!!!:)
I usually do so good at measuring out the chips, etc., but 2 weeks ago on a "bad" eating week, I sat there and ate an entire bag in one sitting and I said, "WOW is right~WOW I just ate this whole da*n bag in one sitting!" Glad to know I'm not alone!
Donna

I LOVE potatoe chips. Along with pizza and M&M's they are my favorite food. But does the olean in the Wow chips not bother your stomachs? I love them, but I have always been afraid to eat them because I always heard they caused stomach pains. If everyone else is eating them with no pain....I am going to get me a bag! At least once a week I sit down with a huge bag of Ruffles and dip (HUGE bag) and eat half the bag.
That is along with pizza. So if I can save calories somewhere along the line, I will! This is usually my Monday night stress reliever.

Linda

Well when I practice self control and not eat the whole darn bag I dont have a problem with Olean. However, the mild stomach discomfort never keeps me from eating an entire bag on ocassion. Of course I'm not sure if it's the Olean or the fact that I just downed an entire bag that caused my stomach some mild distress. Maybe I'll have to do a comparison study and eat an entire bag of non-Olean Lays.....just kidding!!

:) Stacy

P.S. I love pizza too!! On a bad day last week my husband and I split a large thin crust pizza. Sad thing is, I wasnt full!! Lordy, can I ever be a pig sometimes, lol. Hmmm, no wonder I've been at a plateau forever.

Hey Linda!

You hit my three favorite foods right on the head! I love chips (ANY potato for that matter), M&M's-the peanut variety and pizza!!! As far as the "olean", I would say if anyone has stomach problems to be very careful. I have a lead stomach and can tolerate anything, hot, spicy or whatever. But once, I ate Wow Chips and my stomach didn't get upset, but BOY, was it ever making noises in there!!!:-wow It made me realize I was glad I hadn't gone wild and ate the whole bag. Just my thoughts on olean!! Everything in moderation, right???

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Hey Linda!

The "light" variety, called Delites...no olean (which tears my stomach up). They taste a lot better than the Wow's. Of course they have more fat grams than the Wow's! Don't know about calories though, never checked.
Eric & I actually prefer them now, because they taste just like the real thing, only less greasy. We only allow ourselves a little bit at a time. I can be happy with that, until they come up with something better! Potato chips, yum! :9
Ruth
;-)

RE: Hey Linda!

I will have to get me a bag and try them! But seriously....I am totally serious....that is one food that I cannot eat in moderation! I eat, and eat, and eat, and eat!! And the pizza....oh my goodness...... I know that is why I have been in a "permanent plateau". I am sure I could probably lose five lbs pretty quickly, if I would just stop this Monday night pizza and chip pigout! Oh dear!

Linda

I adore Baked Lays Potato Crisps (I've never tried WOW)

The thing is...on the package it says for a serving of approx 11 chips (28 g) - 113 Calories, 1.5 g fat

But...in my lovely food count book, for 1 oz of Baked Lays, it says 110 calories, 1.5 g fat.

1 oz of lays on my food scale is A LOT more than 11 chips!

I'll take the 1 oz but I hope the calorie count is right!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.