Attn Amynicole

jackier

Cathlete
Just curious..You said you grew up in Montgomery County MD. I lived in that area for 30 years. What area were you from?

Jackie

Hi!
I was suprised to see my name. I moved 5 times while growing up but all within montgomery county. Born in Potomac, moved to bethesda, then germantown, then spent most of my childhood back in Bethesda. I went to 4 different elemetary schools, but luckily by Jr. high and highschool I was settled (my mother got divorced, then remarried and I also moved between her and my dad that is why I moved so much).

I really love it down there but there are no jobs for Dh and frankly we could never afford a house there in a million years big enough for 4 kids.

I went on to graduate from the university of maryland college park, then worked for the federal government for 5 years before I moved away. I was truely a local girl until I married DH and we moved to NH. Boy talk about culture shock!!

Where are you from down there?? Did you like it and what made you move away?

Hi Marci!

So glad you saw my message. My dad was born and raised in Potomac on a 250 acre farm off of Falls Rd. I watched all the HUGE houses being built all around the farm and then eventually the land was sold off and the houses surrounded my grandparents tiny house. It still exists but it's nestled off of Democracy Blvd. extended. My mother was raised in Bethesda (Bradley Blvd.)

I grew up in Kensington, then in Silver Spring. (across from Holy Cross Hospital) I went to Northwood High, and have friends that went to the University of MD. In fact, my son goes to UMBC. When I married the first time I stayed in the same area. When I worked for the phone company as an installer, my jobs were all around Bethesda, Chevy Chase, and Potomac. You're right about housing around there. I used to go into some fabulous homes and most, back in the late '80's were around 4 million. (And I even got to work in some notable people's homes. It's amazing how many famous people have homes in that area. Or I should say did.)

Even now, I have friends that I visit in the Wheaton/Silver Spring area and housing is unbelievable. Mostly I moved to get away to the country. Right now I'm in Frederick MD (for the last 10 years). Housing used to be reasonable up here, but it has gone up 20% in the last year and more people are settling here. (YIKES!! Gonna have to move again!!)

This IS a really great area to live in. We traveled across country last year and got to see alot of the Midwest and west coast. But I was sure glad to get home. (I did love the mountains out west better, though!) I really like the fact we're so close to Washington DC.

Sorry this is so long!! I probably should have PM'd you. What year did you graduate MD?

Take care,
Jackie

250 acres off falls road, wow thats some valuable property. I'm sure I drove past it all the time.

I graduated in 1990 from u of md.

Frederick is nice. I hear its gotten really built up. When I was 7 and we lived in Germantown, it was to country. Now its is so different. I am jealous you get to live so close to DC!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.