Attn: adkoester

getnfit@38

Cathlete
Hi :)

I just wanted to tell you I read your post on the weight loss check-in about your friend and I am so honored that my story may have had even the smallest effect on someone else beginning their own journey. :)
If I can be of any help to your friend in any way, please feel free to ask. Either through the forum or email me. Weight loss can be a very frustrating ordeal, especially when there are large amounts of weight to be lost, so I know just how important support from "one who knows" can be.
You should be very proud of yourself, your efforts to get your friend to lose weight and get healthy have probably saved her life, and for sure, in the long run, given her a better quality of life. :)

Again, please let me know if I can help in any way,
Donna

Donna,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I have not had the chance to check the forum in a while but saw your message today.

I actually went to visit my friend this past week end and she is doing great! She is super excited because she has just dropped below 300 pounds. I am so proud of her I could just bust!!

Thank you very much for your generous offer of help. I shared the forum address with her. Hopefully she will read some of the posts and maybe join. She would probably be more likely to email you directly, if you wouldn't mind.

One thing I know she is looking for is low impact workout suggestions. She walks and swims outdoors currently and is looking for indoor ideas for the winter(Ohio).

Thank you for any suggestions you can offer.
Angela

RE: Attn: Angela

Totally butting in here - please pardon -

Your friend, if she's searching for low-impact workout alternatives, may want to consider vertical shallow-water aerobics especially if she's a pool person with swimming. I've been an aqua group fitness instructor for about 5-1/2 years now, and I'm here to tell you you can get a seriously awesome workout that in fact challenges the legs better than swimming while maintaining reduced impact, regardless of your initial conditioning level, coordination, or amount of excess storage fat. Truth be it told, far too many aqua instructors do not know how to work their participants for manageable intensity; I do and I do it twice a week!

Lemme know if you'd like more info, to pass along to your friend! And kudos to her!

Annette
:):):):):)

Angela,

I am so happy for your friend, and I do remember how excited I was when I dropped below 300lbs! I can still remember jumping up and down in the bathroom doorway telling my hubby, "baby I did it, I'm 297lbs this morning!" It was quite a milestone, one I'll never forget, as was dropping below 200lbs! :) I am so happy and excited for your friend, and please tell her to email me if she EVER wants to chat, feels frustrated, etc., and I'd love to offer her some of the cardio videos I used early on. They are low impact, and I'd be more than happy to pass them on to her if she'd like them.
Also, if she hasn't gotten in to weights yet, please tell her that adding MIS made all the difference in the world for me. Once I added MIS, I could literally drop 3-5lbs/week, which I know experts say is too much, but when you're as heavy as 300lbs, it keeps you motivated as heck to see the numbers roll down like that! Plus, while losing so much weight, it helps to firm you as you lose. :)
Again, anything I can do I am more than willing! :)

Donna

Donna,

Could you share your first rotation with MIS. How many times a week did you do it? & how much cardio per week.

Thanks,
Nikki

MIS rotation

I looked back in my log and according to what I recorded, I did MIS 3x/week and cardio 5x/week.

The basic rotation looked like:

m- 30min cardio + MIS
t- 60min cardio
w- MIS
t- 60min cardio
f- 45min cardio + MIS
s- kickboxing (45-60min video)
s- off/stretch video

But please be aware that the reason I dropped so much weight so quickly during that rotation was because I was 280+lbs during that time.
So now being within my last 30-40lbs, I can do MIS 3x/week and cardio 6x/week and still not drop weight as quickly as I did then, the more you have to lose the more you lose, the less you have to lose, the slower you lose :(

Also, through trial and error, since then, I've found that kickboxing 2x/week really worked for my body. It got rid of the meat I had on the sides of my hips, and did some wonderful shaping for my buttocks and thighs, not to mention kickboxing works the abs (double bonus!) :)
So if you do try this rotation, try putting in kickboxing twice/week.

Donna

RE: MIS rotation

Thanks Donna,

I am 238lbs. I hope that this rotation will melt the lbs like it did for you. Yes, I will try & eat clean. How long were you on the rotation?

Thanks again for your time,
Nikki

Nikki...

I stayed on this rotation 6 weeks, then did 6 weeks of PowerHour, just substituting PowerHour for the days I had previously done MIS. By the end of that 6 weeks, I had gotten the Slow & Heavy Series, so then I did 4 weeks of Slow & Heavy.

Donna

p.s. also, through trial and error, I learned to eat to fuel my workouts! Don't try to maintain low numbers like 1400 cal/day. I tried to go no higher than 1500 cal/day and it backfired on me! Either I maintained it and had no strength for lifting or I ate and binged! So I found I could stay satisfied and fuel my workouts with no less than 1800 cal/day, some days going higher, 1900 and 2000 cal/day and still lost weight.
Just go as heavy as possible with the weights (while maintaining good form)and you should get some results. The best advice Cathe EVER gave me was: "don't be afraid to go heavy, it'll do good things for you!" And it did! :)
Let me know how it goes, I'm interested in the results you get.

Donna

Kathy S.....

Hi Kathy :)

These days I'm doing an "endurance" thing. I'm doing the 3x/week thing right now, I'm on week 4 of a 6 week rotation. Via Marlene123's "tank top arms" rotation, I learned that my body responds well to working it w/weights 3x/week. I'm trying to get some definition as I lower my body fat.
At the end of this 6 weeks I'm going to slow down with a few weeks of Slow & Heavy.
No, I don't feel overtrained as long as I eat well and get sleep, but on any given week if my eating is off (too much junk not enough good stuff), I will feel it on that 3rd day of weights. And what's so bad about that is that the 3rd day of weights for the week is BodyMax, so you know I'm dragging a** by the time I hit upperbody work when I eat poorly, and am wiped out from the cardio and leg circuit! But I've been rotating MIS-PowerHour-BodyMax and it's really bringing out my upperbody definition and of all things, helping to slim my legs!? Go figure!? On non weight days I've been rotating Powerstrikes and Tae Bo. :)

Donna

RE: Kathy S.....

I'M A LITTLE NERVOUS GUYS. I HAVE ONLY DONE 1 AEROBIC W/ WEIGHTS TAPE AND ME BIKE FOR THE LAT 8 YEARS. I HAVE NEVER DONE DIFFERENT THINGS EVERY DAY. I'M SCARED BUT ALSO INTERESTED IN WHAT I'M GOING TO LOOK LIKE. I'M 160 #'S AND 5'4". I WANT TO LOSE 40#'S. ANY GOOD ADVICE ON WHAT ROTATION TO DO OR WHAT TAPES TO BUY FIRST????

"RE: Attn: adkoester"

Thank you - thank you for the suggestions Annette and Donna!! I will pass them on.

Donna - I passed on your email address (I asked her to mention the forum in the subject). I am planning to visit again in a few weeks and will take my copy of MIS to her to preview and show her the rotation and help her with correct form. She seems a bit intimidated by weights but we will see. I think the rotation you suggested looks great and am considering it for my next rotation!

Thank you again for your help!
Angela

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.