Athletic Training Extreme....

Shantabulous

Cathlete
Holy Moly! Extreme doesn't even begin to describe it!! After finishing, I tried to go back and do the parts that weren't included in the premix, but I was absolute exhausted and only made it 15 more mins. As if the first 25 mins of the original mix wasn't hard enough!!

Holy Moly! Extreme doesn't even begin to describe it!! After finishing, I tried to go back and do the parts that weren't included in the premix, but I was absolute exhausted and only made it 15 more mins. As if the first 25 mins of the original mix wasn't hard enough!!

Guess that's why it's called EXTREME! :p Gooo Shannon!!!

I discovered the Athletic Step Extreme premix on the Athletic Training disk just last week. I've had the Low Impact Series since last fall but I tend not to do premixes because I like to do programs in their entirety, and I tend to forget that there are premixes that double up on some segments as is the case with this Extreme premix. For those of you who haven't seen the premix, it repeats the step cardio segment and omits a few of the later non-cardio drills. I've always had difficulty with the step cardio segment because of its rapid pace, and I am intent on conquering it. I haven't had nearly as much trouble with other Cathe cardio workouts. There's something about the nonstop, rapid pace alternating sides that leaves me breathless and needing to switch legs before Cathe and her crew do because of leg fatigue (I suppose it's because the muscle becomes anaerobic). I figure as long as I keep going, that's worth something, even if I switch sides early. I am happy to report that when I did the Extreme premix last week, I found the second time through the step cardio segment surprisingly not as difficult as the first time through, so I am hoping that doing the premix will enable me to work up the stamina to overcome this challenge. I have the utmost respect for anyone who can work their way through the Athletic Step Extreme premix without pausing (never mind adding on the segments that were omitted from the premix as Shannon did, which I think is amazing!).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.