AthleanX

Other than what I have seen on YouTube, no. I think I would enjoy AthleanX over AthleanXX (women's program)... AthleanXX seems, well, flat. I love listening to Jeff Cavaliere talk about muscle development and alignment, etc. He and John Rusin are two that I watch regularly.

Hi, I have that program and did it several years ago. I enjoyed it, of course, you can increase the weight to make it more challenging but I do remember that it was a sound program. The videos are not the same quality as Cathe's but they were just fine and Jeff does pop up every now and then during the exercises to talk about proper form which can be a little distracting but I was OK with it. I have the program for women AthleanXX not Athlean X.

Thank you both for your reply.

Gibee: what do you mean you feel the women's program seems flat? I have mixed feelings about programs geared towards one gender. As a "plus", I feel women's programs won't have so many push-up variations (plyo, one handed, boot camp, feet on ball, etc) and pull-ups (both of which I can do, but minimally and I don't enjoy modifying the entire workout.) Also...less testosterone grunting and chest bumping. As a "negative", sometimes I feel women's programs go too light and too high rep to build muscle. Again, I don't want to modify the entire program. I would like your explanation on why you feel it may be flat, since I am trying to figure which Athlean X program would be best for me.

Workout: Was AthleanXX geared for muscle building or toning or cardio or a mix? Is it fairly easy to follow? I am old-school and like hard copies of everything and physical DVDs and like to plan my rotations and jot down notes. I see these programs are all digital and I want to make sure there are work-out cards I can print off and easily follow. I can't get a clear answer on that. Did you see good results?

As a comparison, my all time favorite rotations where I see the most results are Cathe STS & Body Beast with Sagi. (Even though Body Beast is geared towards men, IMO, it needs minimal modifications for me.)

I am going to check out John Rusin - never heard of him and only heard of Jeff C a few days ago.

Thank you both for your reply.

Gibee: what do you mean you feel the women's program seems flat? I have mixed feelings about programs geared towards one gender. As a "plus", I feel women's programs won't have so many push-up variations (plyo, one handed, boot camp, feet on ball, etc) and pull-ups (both of which I can do, but minimally and I don't enjoy modifying the entire workout.) Also...less testosterone grunting and chest bumping. As a "negative", sometimes I feel women's programs go too light and too high rep to build muscle. Again, I don't want to modify the entire program. I would like your explanation on why you feel it may be flat, since I am trying to figure which Athlean X program would be best for me.

Workout: Was AthleanXX geared for muscle building or toning or cardio or a mix? Is it fairly easy to follow? I am old-school and like hard copies of everything and physical DVDs and like to plan my rotations and jot down notes. I see these programs are all digital and I want to make sure there are work-out cards I can print off and easily follow. I can't get a clear answer on that. Did you see good results?

As a comparison, my all time favorite rotations where I see the most results are Cathe STS & Body Beast with Sagi. (Even though Body Beast is geared towards men, IMO, it needs minimal modifications for me.)

I am going to check out John Rusin - never heard of him and only heard of Jeff C a few days ago.

Hi Gobias, interesting, I didn't know that now they only offer it digital. When I purchased the program it was available on DVDs and it came with everything - schedule, workout cards, etc. It seems like it is no longer available with all of those extra goodies. The program is a mix of both - muscle building and cardio. I would pay the $90 if it came with DVDs, workout cards, etc. but not for just a digital version, that's expensive in my world. I'm also old-school and like hard copies of everything including DVDs.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.