Asthma trouble etc whining

Kitterfly

Cathlete
Can't believe it's been 4 months. Darn it. I miss doing cathe :(. I just started a running program and was doing hiit and I was into STS 1 :(. Then I got a dang cold. Then a cough etc etc blah blah blah wait wait wait. Now they say I have asthma and something called Bronchiectasis which sounds scary. I went from being in the best shape of my life and working out 5-6 days a week for a hour to now walking maybe 25 minutes maybe twice a week if I'm lucky :( now I have to see a lung dr asap but it takes 3-4 weeks to get in. Grrrrrrrrr fix me. I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and anxious I know, it could be worse. But I do miss my workouts the non cathe people don't understand that at all. And now those new DVDs are coming to :) Angela rant rant

Hi Kitterfly,

I'm sorry for the asthma diagnosis :( But don't fret...your workout days w/ Cathe aren't over. When you get in w/ the doctor you can be treated and keep it under control. I've had asthma since I was a teenager and it stinks having to take meds but it'll be worth it to get your lung capacity back. Have you thought about calling the doctor's office every other day or so and ask if they've had cancellations so you can get in sooner? Hang in there!

Hi thank you :) I have been calling no luck yet. I have been to a asthma dr and nicely got kicked out to the lung dr since they couldn't do anything more for me based on the bronchiecstasis diagnosis so in limbo waiting. If you have any asthma advice until I find out more about the other please let me know. Had a episode just cleaning the bathroom I think I sucked in to much cleaner fumes even though I got the better for u stuff might have to get a mask or something :) or make hubby do it. Sorry about the whining earlier was having one if those days :)

Hi thank you :) I have been calling no luck yet. I have been to a asthma dr and nicely got kicked out to the lung dr since they couldn't do anything more for me based on the bronchiecstasis diagnosis so in limbo waiting. If you have any asthma advice until I find out more about the other please let me know. Had a episode just cleaning the bathroom I think I sucked in to much cleaner fumes even though I got the better for u stuff might have to get a mask or something :) or make hubby do it. Sorry about the whining earlier was having one if those days :)
I know how you feel about the cleaning. I have to wear gloves and a mask or I get sick the next day. Hang in there!

I have allergic asthma so I have to be really careful and wear masks while cleaning especially dusting & vacuuming. I have a maid so I don't have to be exposed, so if you can get hubby to do the cleaning for awhile that would be so helpful. There is also exercise induced asthma so when you see the doc be sure and find out which you have. I used to see an allergist but now see a pulmonologist, which has been SO much better. Just keep calling the Dr.'s office and let them know you had another episode and you really feel like you need to get in sooner.

No worries, it didn't sound like you were whining earlier. But if you want to whine & vent, you go right ahead girl...that's what we're here for, to lean on each other in good times and bad :)

Seriously, that completely sucks. Just be glad you aren't here, we have had smoke so thick that I can't run and with your asthma you would probably curl up in a cough ball and die. Its that bad. I would, but I hate dying so I don't.

I hope you feel better real soon. Being without that pain killer would make me nutso. Oh wait, I almost forgot, I was nutso over the summer when I was recovering from my fall down the stairs. I really hated that and was not very pleasant to be around. I'm still not 100% but I can do the MMA workouts now. Yippee!

Thanks again for the info I hope the lung dr is better :). I'll try more to stay away from cleaning stuff and sprays etc.

Rapid breath- your so funny :) that smoke sound horrid :(. I hope you get 100 % recovered from your fall. I can't imagine taking a tumble like that.

Thanks again for the info I hope the lung dr is better :). I'll try more to stay away from cleaning stuff and sprays etc.

Rapid breath- your so funny :) that smoke sound horrid :(. I hope you get 100 % recovered from your fall. I can't imagine taking a tumble like that.

It was really scary and I just sat there and cried for 20 minutes. :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.