Asking for prayers :(

BooBear

Cathlete
A family member of mine (32 years old) is now in the hospital waiting for a double lung transplant. She has cystic fibrosis and has succumbed to its horrible effects. She needs to be on a machine to help her breathe as the lungs are pretty much done now. She has beautiful 4 year old twins and just needs more time here on earth. Any extra prayers we can get for her would be most appreciated because even if a set of lungs that match come in it is a difficult surgery.

It's times like these that shake my faith because she is one of the sweetest people you could ever meet.

Thank you gals (and guys? are there any guys here?)

I am sorry about your family member. I don't know you, but the story brought tears to my eye's.

I will pray and send lots of positive vibes your way.

Natasha

Boobear, I will certainly pay for you, your family member, her children and the rest of your family. My mom had a different lung disease, but with a similar effect. It's very difficult and I hope so much that she receives her transplant. Sending hugs your way...

Boo, I've just lifted your family up in prayer. She definitely needs to be here for a long time for her twins!

Thank you all....

for the prayers and kind words. I will keep you posted on the progress. I truly believe that prayers do help! You are wonderful for including her (Maura-sorry left that out before--too used to internet caution) in your prayers. <3

Praying!

My dad was very close to his cousin and lost him to cystic fibrosis. He still talks about the time they had together. I'm praying for her, her family, and for you too.

God Bless.

Thank you all for the kind words.... We are surely running out of time. One of her lungs collapsed early this morning and she is fighting with all of her strenght. :( :( :(
This bad weather is making me nervous as well. Not good timing. Arggghhhh!

Thank you all for the prayers..

She is in surgery right now getting a new set of lungs!...............
Nervously keeping my fingers crossed.
Will let you all know :)

Keep your faith strong even in this hour of darkness.... I will pray for you and your family and I am sure everything will be fine! Be positive! Big hugs to you!

Still good!

Just an update......
Modern medicine is just so amazing (as well as the power of prayers!)

Maura was circling the drain literally :( For almost two weeks NO lungs came in at all. Then some came in and didn't match. Then the storm hit. Then one lung collapsed, causing dependency on the breathing machine. Then the docs took her OFF the transplant list and put her in a coma to let her body rest I guess. Then they tried to wake her up and get her to respond......she did. FINALLY a perfect set of lungs came in. Only problem...one had pneumonia already in it. Benefits of course outweighed the risks as she didn't have much left to fight.

That was last week.....every day she is a little better. We are all breathing a huge sigh of relief. She has a ways to go, but we feel so much better for her. Her brother had a lung transplant 10 years ago and went through a severe case of survivors guilt and was near suicidal. He is doing very good now, and we feel she will beat this too. Two beautiful children to stay alive for----almost a month ago she was telling her mom she just needed more time....can you imagine?????
So anyway-just checking in with you all and wanted to again thank you for the kind words and prayers. It really means a lot to me that you would share your kindness and thoughts with a total stranger.

BooBear-

Thanks so much for updating us, and I'm so happy to hear that it's such great news. I know there's still a lot she has to go through recovery-wise, but knowing she IS recovering has got to be such a tremendous boost. Amazing and wonderful!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.