Article about Victoria's Secret...YUCK!!!

If this is really true they're in big trouble. I sure hope the health department gets wind of this. I'm not entirely sure, but that must be breaking some sort of rule, wouldn't you think? Man!! And I LOVE Victoria's Secret!! I may not shop there again and that makes me want to cry!!!!

Carol
:(

Wow, that is scary! Funny, hubby & I were shopping the other night and went into Motherhood maternity store to look for something for Julie. The gal working there had one of their tops on (maybe pants too but not sure) and the price tag was hanging out the back on her neck. She was pregnant BTW! I thought to myself, now we know she is not going to wash that outfit before putting it back on display. I know I have been in other stores where the employees wear the clothes too. I know this is not as BAD as undergarments but I still don't like the idea of knowing it has been worn by others before I purchased it. Glad I wear Jockey's that come in a box! :7 Do you suppose they take those out and put 'em back in the box!!!!!????
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Yes Carol! I always thought it was against policy to return undergarments, especially if the tag is gone.

Hi Debbie! :) I think you're safe with the Jockeys that come in a box. I'm not sure though. You never know....

For sure, I am going to WASH everything first!! :D

Not that I ever heard of this particular practice, but I have ALWAYS washed clothing at home before I ever wear it. Even if it is underwear out of a plastic package. Clothes, whatever. You just know that with dressing rooms, people are trying things on. Nasty, nasty, nasty story:p

That's really gross, but on the other hand, don't you think you could tell that something had been worn? Hate to be graphic here, but don't you think you'd see and/or smell the evidence?

My mom always taught us from a VERY early age to always wash undergarments before wearing them, even if they came packaged. I know that at JC Penney's they allow you to try on any undergarment without any supervision (another YUCK! from me). Bras... OK, but panties.... ewwwwwwww. Many places that I've been to (K-mart and Wal-mart even) don't allow you to try on panties at all. I've never even attempted to return them, either. I just assumed you couldn't.

I would make sure to wash everything you buy VERY WELL before you wear them. And perhaps it is a "store" issue and not the franchise's policy? I don't know :( I love Victoria's Secret as well and am pretty bummed about this. It grosses me out.

Sara

http://www.picturetrail.com/rayiisara/sblordita

Not necessarily, especially in just a bacteria sort of way. When you get into microscopically transmitted things......hopefully not too graphic here.

Bathing Suits Too!!!

I read this from another site REALLY GROSS: (sorry if this is TMI)

"I worked in retail for years, and I want to give everyone the same warning about bathing suits. A very seasoned department store sales associate told me to buy them early in the season before they're tried on and disgusting. She once found a pile of swimsuits in a dressing room, and scooped them up and brought them out to the register to hang them back up. Turns out some woman had her period and bled all over the swimsuits. After that, she asked the store to provide latex gloves when handling the swim suits.

In all my years working with the general public, I never understood what some people were thinking."

DEAR GOD--I've purchased underwear from their catalog!!
Ahhhhhh--do we have to have their items sterilized before we wear them?
Or, wash everything in bleach???
Baaaaaaad girl, Victoria!
:eek: Lisa

Well that is gross because that is where I buy all of my panties but I always wash them first anyway. I thought it was a policy that once you buy panties that you can not return them.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.