Are you having problems with low music w/ the Hard Core series even after you did changes to your DV

Are you having problems with low music w/ the Hard Core series even after you did changes to your DV

• Total voters
RE: Are you having problems with low music w/ the Hard ...

Aha, Fitnut. Allowing individuals to return their DVD's sounds like a conservative solution to me.

I hope SNM finds a solution that is reasonable all around. I really believe that if SNM offers this solution, a lot of people who have sound problems now will choose on their own accord to keep their DVD's and deal with it in another way. Maybe wishful thinking on my part.

Meanwhile it is a learning experience for SNM.

That is just my uneducated, uninformed out-of-the-loop opinion.

Connie

SNM's response to my email was very similar to Fitnut's email. I really wish that my DVDs arrived loose in its cases, so I could return them. At least I would be given the opportunity to receive a set without sound issues.

What makes you think there are two sets of DVD's? If you return them for another set in exchange, the new set will behave exactly the same as the old set.

Or am I missing something.

>What makes you think there are two sets of DVD's? If you
>return them for another set in exchange, the new set will
>behave exactly the same as the old set.
>
>Or am I missing something.

I don't think she means two sets but perhaps during mass production some DVD's did not come out right. Some people got lucky and some didn't. Maybe :)

>I don't think she means two sets but perhaps during mass
>production some DVD's did not come out right. Some people got
>lucky and some didn't. Maybe :)

That's what I thought since some people have problems and some don't.

Also, I don't think it's the fault of the home equipment people are using because most of them haven't experienced any problems before the HC's.

Fixed my sound issues! :)
I was having similar issues as everyone else, voices too loud and music in the background was barely audible. I even tried the PCM setup solution which was recommended, but it didn't work for me. I have all of Cathe's DVD's and have never had this problem before. Also, the HC DVD's played fine on my other TV and DVD player (just not the set in my workout room) so I knew the problem was in my set up.

My problem was I have a DVD player with DTS/Digital capabilities going to a TV without "hi/fi" or "in stereo" capabilities. I believe SNM stated the HC series was recorded in stereo. So I took the advice of another poster from the Video Fitness Forum and bought a set of speakers at Wal-Mart. The speakers were only $45 and I hooked them directly to my DVD player (routing it around my TV, so the video comes through the TV but the audio comes out of the DVD player into the speakers). Voila! :D Now I have the best sound ever! And what the heck, with the money I saved from the pre-order I have a great sound system when working out.

I am posting this in hopes that someone else can benefit. The problem was not the DVD's, it was in my set up due to the type of equipment I have. Good Luck!

I am so glad you figured it out and it worked for you. I have a similar setup but with a $2000 bose stereo and it sounds like junk! I have found nothing that will fix it, even changing from surround mode to stereo. Her voice still blares over the music which I can hardly hear.

Glad you found a solution! You must be thrilled.

I am on the lookout now for wireless headphones that won't fall off. I think that is going to be my only possibility of fixing this situation?

FitNut - bummer you can't set up your system to work, the Bose systems are so high quality! As an FYI (if it might help you), I hooked up my speakers directly as an output from my DVD and set my DVD on 5.1 channel output and DTS surround sound (even though these w/o's were not recorded in digital this set up seems to work for me). Now the music and voices have equalized and the overall sound is similar to my other Cathe DVD w/o's.

If you are interested ... the subject title to the discussion on the Video Fitness Forum is "Anyone hear from SNM re: HCs yet?" Somewhere around page 6 or 7 LisaTV analyzed some test situations regarding the sound issues and set up options. I hope you find a solution!

FitNut - bummer you can't set up your system to work, the Bose systems are so high quality! As an FYI (if it might help you), I hooked up my speakers directly as an output from my DVD and set my DVD on 5.1 channel output and DTS surround sound (even though these w/o's were not recorded in digital this set up seems to work for me). Now the music and voices have equalized and the overall sound is similar to my other Cathe DVD w/o's.

If you are interested ... the subject title to the discussion on the Video Fitness Forum is "Anyone hear from SNM re: HCs yet?" Somewhere around page 6 or 7 LisaTV analyzed some test situations regarding the sound issues and set up options. I hope you find a solution!

My DVD player is set to PCM and directly connected to a subwoofer and speakers. Yet I am still having these problems with the sound. I emailed SNM about it and they responded that I should set my DVD player to PCM and use stero speakers. Um, that's what I said in my email. So what do I do now?

Lisa

My DVD player is set to PCM and directly connected to a subwoofer and speakers. Yet I am still having these problems with the sound. I emailed SNM about it and they responded that I should set my DVD player to PCM and use stero speakers. Um, that's what I said in my email. So what do I do now?

Lisa

Jen519 - I might try your idea for a test to see if it helps. But it is not realistic to keep my $2000 stereo system only hooked up to my DVD player. We honestly shouldn't have to fiddle w/these videos this much. They are the ONLY DVDs I have problems with. My husband would throw a stink if I left the stereo hooked up to only the dvd. Plus we have sub woofers and everything. I have tried every idea except yours. I guess it is worth a try if nothing more than just a test.

Lisa - I got a similar response. He didn't offer a suggestion other than to turn off the "surround Sound mode" which I had already done. His 2nd e-mail stated that he disagreed there was an issue. Not customer service at all in my mind. And to think he is a business partner in the business? Makes me sickened!

However, I still have to add that Cathe is the best. Even w/the sound problems I couldn't live without her. I was traveling this week and did Kickmax in my room on my laptop yesterday. What a blast!!!!!! :+

FitNut - Good luck with your testing, I hope it works for you. I agree the HC series is a great set of w/o's! :)

Lisa - another poster had their DVD hooked up to their speakers and still had the same sound issues until they changed their DVD setting for 3D Reverb Mode to off, then it seemed to work, do you have that option on your DVD player? I don't have that option on mine so it wasn't an issue, but you might try it. Good luck!

Darn, I accidently voted "no", but I meant to vote yes.
Got my DVD's yesterday fairly quickly. Ordered it Wed, got them the next day since I live in NJ.

Huh, changed audio on my dvd player to "PCM" and Cathe is still yelling at me :( I played it on both of my players including changing setting on our big screen and nothing. Her voice is way louder than the music :( I actually got a slight headache from the loud voice. I bought the whole set too x(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.