Are you eating CLEAN or TIDY on Tues, July 17th???

I didn't see a thread so I thought I'd get us started!

I'm fighting off a summer cold still. I thought I was better y'day but woke up feeling worse this morning. My dh had it last week, guess he *shared* w/ me! :eek:

So far....

Liquids ~ 30 oz water, cup of coffee

Breakfast ~ Usual oatmeal + berries

No real plan for the rest of the day! Lots of Vitamin C to help me get over this cold fast!

Hello clean and tidy's!
Hi Jess
Hope you're feeling better soon!! Take care today.
Today, i'm at work, we're walking over to the market to buy fresh fruit and veggies, my colleagues do this weekly, its lovely!
B: so far, usual oatmeal as well
S; pear
workout tonight, MIS+add on upper + barr method.
BBL
Steph

Morning All

Hi Jess...good morning, drink fluids that will help you with your cold.

Today was my rest day so no workout.

My eating plan:
Breakfast- Kashi and milk
Snack- Peanuts 1/4 cup
Lunch- tuna and green salad
snack- popcorn
Dinner- chicken breast/ whole wheat rice/ side salad
Today I'm going to really eat dinner and not skip this meal

EAT Clean today everyone.

Chat later...:) :)

Hello everyone,
I haven't participated in this check-in before but I love the idea of talking about clean eating habits with others (I'm missing my former co-worker who ate a super-clean & healthly-diet... she kept me very honest with my eating habits).

I, too, had oatmeal with berries this morning (and almost every morning). I'll have Boar's head salsalito turkey with Alpine Lace cheese for lunch on light whole wheat (not sure how 'clean' that is) and some grilled zucchini and squash. Dinner will be grilled chicken with yams and Trader Joe's Green with Envy mix with a Trader Joe's Strawberry Fruit Floe for dessert. I'll also have lots of healthy snacks in between (all natural peanut butter on a wasa light rye cracker, grape tomatoes, canteloupe etc.)

I have a question about the oatmeal. I know I should be eating steel-cut oats but I just love the convenience (sp?) and the taste of the instant honey-nut oatmeal in the single serve packages. Does anyone know of single-serve, instant, steel cut oatmeal?

Oh gosh, now I've made myself hungry!

Happy, healthy eating to all!

Andrea

Hi Everyone~~ :)

Do you mind if I join in with you all?

I am currently following the BFL plan, but really considering purchasing The Eat Clean Diet (Heard it was great)!!! :)

Meals planned for today;

B~Protein Pancakes w/ s/f Syrup
S~Cottage Cheese/Yogurt
L~Turkey Meatloaf, veggies
S~tuna/peach
D~Turkey Chop, veggies, salad & brown rice
S~Protein Shake

I am following Debbie's New One-body part a day rotation. Last night was Chest & All Step, Abs...I am feeling good DOMS today :)
Not sure what's on for tonight...

Take Care ~
"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

050510_10014282379.gif

Hi everyone,

I did really well eating yesterday. I did Imax2 and MM abs.

Jess: I am just getting over a summer cold my DH shared with me.
My younger son now has it.

Andrea: I think any oatmeal that is instant is considered not clean, because it is processsed so much. I noticed you live in MA. I do too!

Today my eating is going well. This morning I did MM minus the abs.

Have a clean and Tidy day!!

Elaine:)

Thanks, everyone! I'm feeling a bit better as the day goes on. I hate the scratchy throat, stuffy nose!!

Snack ~ small WW pancake w/ smidge NM PB (made for dd's breakfast, couldn't resist!)

Lunch ~ Stir fry w/ fresh zucchini, garlic, onions, mushrooms, tofu, drizzle of olive oil, sea salt, & pepper w/ Kashi Pilaf - YUMMY!

Andrea ~ I've never seen instant packets of steel cut oats, but you can make it in the microwave if you like. Or make a big batch on a Sunday & store the leftovers in the fridge to warm up during the week. I prefer the old fashioned oats, but do eat steel cut oats sometimes too. Glad you joined in!

Elaine ~ Glad you got over your summer cold! I'm hoping my dd's don't catch it!

Stephanie ~ Enjoy your trip for fresh fruits/ veggies! I love this time of year, lots of fresh fruits & veggies!

Robin ~ Looks like you have a good day planned! I'm definitely guzzling my fluids like always!

Jennifer ~ I love protein pancakes, one of my fav meals!! I think the recipe I use is a BFL recipe.

Have a *clean* day everyone! :)

Hi Elaine,
Yes, I live in Arlington. I'm disappointed about the oatmeal. Maybe I'll make a big batch of the steel cut and just reheat it throughout the week. Does anyone else do that?

I did the leg blast premix of B&G this morning so I had some advil with my lunch today...already a little sore!

Yep, I posted above that I have done that before. If I do make it, I make at least 4 servings (1 cup of dry oats) at a time over the stove. I add a bit more water to mine as I don't like it quite as chewy either. That leg blast premix is my FAV! ;-)

Hello again
Welcome our great new members too!!
Just wanted to pipe up. McCann's Irish oatmeal does make a quick cook steel cut, tried them on Sunday. they take 3 minutes in the micro!! Quite good actually, must say.
Steph

Hello All. I'm checking in late b/c I wasn't really sure how today was going to.

bfast: Kashi cereal, black tea with a bit of cream and sugar (my usual)
lunch: big old plate of field greens with lemon poppy seed dressing and soy nuts, Lean Cuisine Salmon w/ basil (I have not eaten a frozen meal in many moons but was desperate. It was surprisingly healthful for a tv dinner but not all that tasty) 18 oz glass of water
snack: unsweetened applesauce and green tea
dinner is TBD but dessert will involve some canteloup

I wish you all a great day and I hope Jess's cold takes a hike!

Hey Beavs! I'm glad you checked in! I love poppy seed dressing, sounds yummy!

I'm feeling much better. It must have been Cathe's Slow & Heavy Chest & Back that helped!! So much for me *taking it easy* today. }( Rainy, yucky day here!

<Just wanted to pipe up. McCann's Irish oatmeal does make a quick cook steel cut, tried them on Sunday. they take 3 minutes in the micro!! Quite good actually, must say.>

Oh Yeah! Thanks Steph, this sounds like what I need. I'm going to hunt it down!:)

<Yep, I posted above that I have done that before. If I do make it, I make at least 4 servings (1 cup of dry oats) at a time over the stove. I add a bit more water to mine as I don't like it quite as chewy either. That leg blast premix is my FAV! >

Hi Jess,
I see your earlier post...I missed it earlier. Think I'll try the Mcann's instant first. Our fridge is always so darned packed with food, I'm sure I'd hear complaints if my oatmeal took up a regular spot each week!
Feel better!

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know that I am leaving to go out of town tomorrow and won't be back until next Tuesday night. I probably won't have much access to a computer and probably won't be able to check-in.

I will miss checking in with you guys. I am sure I will not be very clean or tidy while on vacay!

Hi all,
I am new to this check in, hope its ok to post here. I read Tosca Reno's book about 3 months ago. It really sent me over the edge of trying to eat better to actually doing it. That book was so motivational for some reason, though the info is not new. Anyhow,
IMAX 2 and 400 lunges
B-raspberries and blueberries, 1/4 cup vanilla nonfat yogurt and 1/4c Ezicheal (sp?) cereal combined
L-chicken breast with cilantro pesto

Hopefully I can eat well the rest of the day- just glad to have a place to get support.
Have a great rest of the day!

And the rest of my day...

Snack (post weights) ~ Vanilla yogurt mixed w/ 1/4 c. cott. cheese, half scoop choc. protein powder, & berries

Dinner ~ Romaine, spinach, cucumbers, & cauliflower w/ tuna, boiled egg whites, olive oil & balsamic, 2 T. sunflower seeds

And had a mug of decaf Chai tea w/ a splash of light soymilk after dinner.

Hi Mikkia! I thought it was really motivational too. Like you said, not new info but I liked the way it was written. Great job on IMAX 2 + 400 lunges!! I always do walking lunges after a run, it helps loosen the legs up & works 'em good! :) I always mix things in my yogurt too, either cereal, cottage cheese, berries, chopped apple, etc.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.