Are you a suspicious person by nature?

Are you a suspicious person by nature?

• Total voters
I voted other- It depends on the situation. I also was suspicious about a certain poster-(wow! what an interesting post) but mostly I trust people because I think the alternative would be sad.
Deanie:)
PS maybe the poll should be: do you trust the intenet?
Personally I got burned on e-bay and now don't trust that website- but still hanging with you guys:)

I'm probably too trusting, but I'm trying to at least have a bit of healthy suspicion about people. Today, the Direct TV guy was at our house and I was here alone, so I decided to have a pair of scissors beside me on the couch, just in case. :)
About that drama today: Even after she admitted the photo was not her, I still figured she was a 14-year-old girl, albeit a liar. Now I'm beginning to suspect otherwise. This is a pretty good lesson for all of us, I guess!

I'm trusting unless alarm bells start going off in my head and then I listen to them. I've learned the hard way that they're usually right. I'm betting almost everyone has had similar experiences. It's a leap of faith to trust someone - even someone you think you "know". I'm sure we've all been burned in "real" life. As for our cyber lives, we've all seen it can be easy to fool others online. The high drama of yesterday is a case in point, although there was obviously more than one person on here who suspected things weren't quite what they seemed. On the other hand, sometimes it's frightening to put yourself out there and I can understand why someone would want to "hide" behind a facade. I've been burned more times than I care to count and there are days I wonder why I bother to post anywhere at all, but then I realize it's all good. It teaches you valuable life lessons, and you just keep moving forward.

Carol
:)

I am beyond suspicious. Whoever wrote the saying "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you" was thinking about people like me when they wrote it :7. Luckily, I am married to a very trusting and forgiving person. He has been burned a few times but he just shrugs it off and takes people as they come. He inspires me to someday get close to being that open with people. He also reels me back in when I get a little carried away :7.

Tracey
"Where there's a will, there's a way."

I chose "other" as I'm not necessarily suspicious. I consider myself to be an aware person. I trust people to a certain extent but I don't consider myself to be suspicious. I am aware of surroundings and people that are near me. I realize that everything that happens to me is a chance to learn and grow. I've been burned by people but I feel that that is a lesson and I've learned from them.

I got the totally trusting gene. My DH got the totally suspicious gene. Together, we make a great pair. :+
-Nancy

I'm pretty trusting - I believe most people or am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt - unless the alarm bells are going off or it's coming from the mouth of one of our teenagers (they're good kids basically, but they do try to get away with things!)... :p

DH is totally trusting. He's so easy to fool and believes everything anyone tells him, including teenagers. Fortunately, I have a good enough track record with catching these teens, that he believes ME above them most of the time.

I am overall very trusting. I always aim to be myself 100% of the time and tend to assume others do the same.

For example, I generally have to have someone in front of me with a really "off" hair color before I think they are coloring their hair, LOL!!! It has only been the past 4-5 years that I've started realizing MOST women color their hair. :p Am I a truster or what?

So suspicious that my boss listed it as one of my weaknesses on my evaluation. I of couse assume she only did it because she is out to get me.

KIM:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.