Are there any Cathe fans in the UK?

cygnus1889

Hi everyone, just wondering if there were still any UK Cathe fans on here and if so, where are you all based? I live up in 'sunny' Lancashire although grew up in North Wales and spent a couple of years in Kansas City, USA along the way :D

I first discovered Cathe's workouts back in 2003 and got in such great shape, and then unfortunately fell off the wagon when I moved to the States in 2004. 3 stone later, I am now attempting to regain my fitness and lose some weight in the process.

Josie

Hi, Yeah I live in the UK too, County Durham actually. I`ve been working out with Cathe for about a year and love the results I`ve been getting. I find it a annoying though that you can`t get the DVD`s over here and have to order them from America which means you have to wait longer to recieve them lol. I created a social group for UK Cathe fans which you could check out, there`s a few members on there!

Hi Sarah,

Yes I found it very frustrating whilst I was building up my Cathe collection but managed to get a fair few of her dvds on the ya ya swap. Also after having experienced the amazing shops full of fitness equipment that they have in the States (i.e. Dicks Sporting Goods, it's like a Tescos but has just fitness and sport equipment!), I now feel that our choice here is so limited.

Could you please let me know where I can find the UK Cathe group?

Cheers!
Josie

Hello

Another UK fan here. I'm in Oxford and have been using Cathe DVDs since Oct 2006.

I'm not ordering STS as I don't think it's for me and I don't want to buy any more equipment. I'll be interested to hear the reviews when they start appearing though!

It's nice to see some fellow Brits on here! If I ever mentioned Cathe workouts to any of my friends, they wouldn't have a clue what I was on about. And most of them would be shocked to know that I be work out with such heavy weights! I know my boyfriend was pretty gobsmacked when he saw all my dvds and equipment when I moved in!

I actually pre-ordered STS and am glad I did it when I did what with the £ to the $ being so weak now - it seemed like a good deal at the time. I am in no way shape or form ready for STS yet, but hopefully in a few months I'll be ready for the challenge! :D

Another UK Cathe fan here! I'm near Brighton. I've been using Cathe since about the late 90's. I agree that we don't have much equipment choice over here. I have discovered the Physical Company in High Wycombe & if ever I need anything I pick it up when I'm travelling up M40, usually on the way to my Mum's! It's literally like a warehouse full of fitness stuff - heaven :D! By the way, any UK-ers who wear Ryka Instructors, I've recently discovered a firm that sell them over here (haven't got info to hand but if anyone wants it I'll dig it out).

I haven't ordered STS because I've had an on-going shoulder issue which I'm still at rehab stage with, so not a good purchase for me at the mo but I'm looking forward to reading about it!

Emma

Hi Emma

Thanks for the tip on the Physical Company. It's only up the road from me. I'll definitely pop in there next time I'm looking for something. They even have the high step!

Another UK Fitness Fan

Hi

I'm also from the UK Tamworth in Staffordshire. I'm awaiting STS and dreading the customs charge. People at work think I'm mad doing heavy weights, but nothing over here compares to Cathe does it? When I told them all about STS my mates thought I was crazy waiting a year for a presale. But it will be worth it. By the way has anybody else upgraded to premium customer on here? I was thinking of trying it for a month to help with my eating. If only I could get my eating completely clean.

Love
Laura
x

Hi Ronne!

I've just looked in my Physical Company brochure (yes, they do a brochure - hours of endless fun!!), I can't see the high step, although they have just got slanted risers in and I've definitely bought separate risers from them, so they may have the High step. I bought a foam roller and inflatable balance disc recently, so they do have a good range of stuff.

Not to enable you (!), but here's the website - www.physicalcompany.co.uk . They also deliver!

Emma

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.