App not loading samsung s9

Pam Elmhirst

I just got a new phone and one of the first apps I downloaded was of course CatheLive. However it will not open. The cathe screens comes up and then it just shuts down. Anyone else experience this? It's the Samsung Galaxy S9. I've cleared cache, forced stop and reset my device. Nothing works :(

Hi Pam,

I'm assuming you have a Cathe Live or a Cathe OnDemand subscription that you purchased through us and not ITunes? If so it sounds like to me you're either typing the wrong login information or you are by mistake selecting the "apple registration" orange button link after entering your login info. You want to make sure you select the "tan login" button. Let me know if this helps?

I am not even getting to a login, and yes I purchased through cathe.com. the cathe logo comes up briefly and the app shuts down, I don't even get a chance to try and login :(

Hi Pam,

Ok, I understand now. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to see if we can test on a Samsung Galaxy 9. We have a few employees that have Samsung phones, but I'll have to wait till tomorrow when they're back from the weekend to see if they have the exact same phone as you do.

Hi Pam,

Just to give you an update on your issue, we were able to successfully launch the Cathe Live app on a Samsung S8 and a Samsung S10. We don't have an S9, but you would think it would work fine on an S9 since it works fine on both an S8 and an S10 plus on all of the other Android devices we have. I do have a quick question for you, did you have a phone charger hooked up to your phone when you attempted to re-download the app? This can sometimes cause an issue on some phones. I doubt it's your issue, but certainly something worth mentioning.

Thanks for looking into it. No I did not have the charger hooked up, and I've tried reinstalling the app with and without the charger just to test your theory. The app still just opens to the cathe logo and then shuts down, every time. It should work, I agree that whether it's an S8, S9 or S10 it should work, and my operating system is all up to date. I've been using my old phone with the app for time being but it would be nice if I could use it on my new phone. Do you have any other suggestions to try to get it to work? Have others had this issue with other phones? Thank you!

Hi Pam, we haven't had any other reports similar to yours for our app, but if you Google "Samsung S9 apps crashing" you can find a lot of similar problems to yours for other apps and suggestions on things to try. My best guess is you have a hard cache that isn't clearing, so make sure you follow some of the instructions on Google for clearing cache just in case your phone has more than one way to do it. I would also suggest trying to download the app using cellar data so that you rule out wireless as an issue.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.