Anyone watch "The Restaurant" with Rocco?

KimDW

Cathlete
Has anyone watched this show this season? I watched it last year when they were opening it. Also, if anyone here is from New York do you know if this place is still open? I think it's an interesting show. Although I do think that Rocco needs to be more concerned about helping the restaurant make money. Anyway, any ideas or discussion on this? Thanks

Kim

RE: Anyone watch

Hi Kim,

As an enthusiastic foodie, I could only stomach about 10 minutes of this show before Rocco annoyed the hell out of me. A few friends who work in the restaurant business confirmed that most of what was going on was staged for drama.

BTW - Who makes their 70-something year old mother slave in a kitchen making meatballs??? She could have just written the recipes down, for goodness sake...they're just meatballs!!! }( }( }(

FoodTV has some good programming on the subject. One show called "Into the Fire" in which cameras and interviewers go "backstage" into some well known restaurants on their busiest nights and document the goings on.

I'd also recommend Tony Bourdain's books "Kitchen Confidential" and "A Cook's Tour", which is also a show on FoodTV. Both are wickedly written and highly entertaining.

Hi Gayle:

I know what you mean. He gets on my nerves too. I pretty much figured that there was alot of drama being planned. Thanks for the recommendations.

Kim

I can't STAND Rocco. He's so damn conceited! My favorite person from the show last year was that skinny gay guy. He made fun of Rocco and Laurent. I thought he was hilarious.

Gayle, did you see the episode where Tony Bordain went to Cambodia (I think) and ate live cobra's heart while it was beating?? Wasn't that sickening?! He chewed it which freaked me out even more! Him drinking the cobra bile was almost as bad. I was so nauseous by the time the episode was over. I can't stand Emeril that much either. Why on earth does he put essence on EVERYTHING???

Eeeewww! I missed the cobra heart episode. That sounds more like an episode of Fear Factor! ;-)

I really want to catch the Russian episode. That chapter in the book is pretty funny.

I love Emeril! To each his own I guess but I just love to watch him move around putting it all together! Baaam!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.