Anyone use TransFirmer step for Cathe videos?

andreadaile

Cathlete
We are getting ready to move cross country and I'm considering getting rid of my club step and just keep the firm TransFirmer blue and green bench step. I've done a few cathe workouts with this step and don't recall having any problems, does anyone use theirs regularly for Cathe? I'd do a few workouts to test it but frankly don't have much time with the packing and planning! [emoji13]

The only step I have is the transfirmer. I have done just about everything on it including box jumps. It doesn't give the variation in height as the club step, but nothing I have ever had a significant issue with.
One thing, though, is sometimes the smaller top green one doesn't fully sit into the larger blue step even though it looks like it has. So you really need to put a little weight on it to make sure the step is good to go (but not too much, obviously, or it will give a big thump as it finally move into a secure position). So your transitions from regular to high step might take a tad longer than you think.

I also use mine. It's smaller in length and you can't adjust the heights exactly but it works perfectly for me.

We are getting ready to move cross country and I'm considering getting rid of my club step and just keep the firm TransFirmer blue and green bench step. I've done a few cathe workouts with this step and don't recall having any problems, does anyone use theirs regularly for Cathe? I'd do a few workouts to test it but frankly don't have much time with the packing and planning! [emoji13]

I don't own a club step. I own a TransFirmer, use mine daily, and Cathe is an instructor I turn to at least three or four days a week. I do both her cardio and her weight-training routines with the TransFirmer. The only issue I have with the TransFirmer is that I'm too tall (I'm 5'7" or so) to perform bench presses and chest flyes on it and still have my head supported properly. In other words, my head is left hanging off the back of the bench because of my torso or whatever being too long for it. The TransFirmer is a few inches shorter than a regular club step, and this is the only time where I notice a "major" problem. If I was a few inches shorter, it might be an acceptable length. However, I just use a stability ball to do my chest flyes and bench presses on instead- not a big deal. I never have any problems adapting Cathe's step aerobics routines to the TransFirmer whatsoever. (A very tall exerciser might not agree, needing more leg room than I do.)

I will say I've had my TransFirmer for ten years or so, I am not a lightweight woman, and it always feels very stable and sturdy. I like that it snaps together in only two pieces, rather than requiring a bunch of risers. I don't know that it's made for really intense jumping routines, but light jumps here and there don't seem to hurt it. If you do a lot of jumping onto or off of your club step, you might want to hold onto to it, instead. Mine has gotten a LOT of use. I think it's great I can also set it on an angle and use it as an incline step, too. My only qualm with it, solely for weight-training purposes, is that I wish it were a bit longer.

I have the Transfirmer but haven't used it in years since I bought my club step for Tracy Long workouts. The Transfirmer says not to jump on it. I noticed a huge improvement in my step workouts when I used the club step; it's much springier, I can adjust the height in more reasonable increments, the top has much better traction, and I like the length for transverse moves and using it as a weight bench. I also bought the slanted wedge risers and square top for high step work. My Transfirmer is currently staged to go out the door along with my Nordic Track to Play it Again Sports (equipment resale shop) this weekend!

I have a transfirmer and that's all I have ever used. It is short, but I am only 5'3" so not too bad.....When it wears out, I will get a Club Step but have used transfirmer for years. Like how it slants also....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.