Anyone taking a rest week before starting the July rota...

npuzon

Cathlete
Hi All! I decided to take a rest week before the July rotation. Last month's rotation was the first S&H rotation I did, which I really enjoyed, but feel that I need the rest this week to shake things up a bit. Let me know if you are doing the same?

Nette

Hi Nette,

Yesterday, since Cathe had not released the rotation when I was ready to work out, I did BootCamp cardio and lower body, along with the floorwork from PSLegs. I only did the floorwork from PSLegs because I found that I was pleasantly sore from doing it last week, and I decided that I wanted to incorporate that floorwork more often when I could.

I think that I will do CTX upper body when I get home from work tonight, and I may or may not take a rest day, Sunday. I was proud of myself for being so consistent with the June rotation (I am usually not consistent) that I find I am ready to get into it for July!

Good luck! Sandra

RE: Anyone taking a rest week before starting the July ...

Hello Nette, Sandra, and all other rotaters,
I'm still plugging away at the June rotation (Kellib, are you still with me?) and I won't be ready for July's (if I do it) until around the 11th. I need to look at July's more closely. I really want to do more of the intensity series workouts. I'm wondering if I can swap them somehow. I doubt that I'll take a week off. You see, working out is the high point of my day and I would miss it too much. You might have concluded that I have no life and you might be correct ! LOL! -joy

I jumped right in and did CTX upper this morning. I'm going on vacation on the 13th, so that will be my rest week. Although, I hopefully will get in some running on my vacation. This rotation looks tough, as I've never done all of MIC and can't remember the last time I did all of bodymax.

I found it tough to do all of CTX upperbody after doing mainly one body part a day on the June rotation. You kinda get spoiled doing one body part a day.

Hey Nette,

I am not taking a rest, but was thinking about starting the July rotation this Saturday, because I prefer to have my rest days during the week (weekends are the time I have the most time for a workout and I like to do my harder workouts on the weekends). When were you thinking about starting?

I've been doing 1 body part from S&H per day with 30 min cardio after for the last couple of weeks because I missed the end of the June rotation. I like that combo a lot but I think it will be fun to put back some endurance and cardio for a while. I'm looking forward to the July rotation.

We could have check-in anyways, even if people are on slightly different schedules. Its still fun to hear about everyone's workout.

:)

Punky

Hi All! I really am taking a weights workout rest week. Even though I am taking a rest week, I still do a 45 min. walk/run with my hubby early in the a.m. Hubby started a walk/run program so to motivate him, I join him. It's going great so far, we started with 30 min. walk run the first week. This is week two at 45 min. He used to be so fit and trim, but now has a big belly and wants to get rid of it. I am also trying to make him do Cathe's weight workouts instead of going to the gym.

I plan to start with the rotation next week after the 4th. Take care and enjoy your workouts!

Nette

HI Everyone,
I am thinking about doing the July Rotation but it is Wed now. I have to follow evrything by the bookor it doesn't get done.
I was actually thinking about dropping the weights for a little while and just work on cardio.I haven't been using weights alot lately but I feel like a wrestler.Maybe all I need to do is shed the layer of fat over my body.I think I turned into a bear last winter.
But then again, maybe I won't drop the weights.I like the feeling of being strong.I am so all over the place!x( I don't know what I am doing 1/2 of the time.
Anyhoo, I will keep an eye out for when you guys are posting.Isn't it great, its like we have our own personnel trainer!
Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.