Anyone running the Boston Marathon?

missolive

Is anyone out there running the Boston Marathon this year? I am!! It will be my first time, so I'm trying to make the most out the situation! I could never meet the qualifying standards to get in, so I chose to be a charity runner for an amazing charity called GoKids Boston. They provide nutrition education, positive body image classes, and physical activity opportunities, usually to underserved children of the Boston area. Prevention-let's get to these kids before they become unhealthy adults!

I'd love to talk with other Cathletes who may be running to see how they are fitting in STS/Shock Cardio into their routinue-plus training!

And if anyone is interesting in learning more about the charity, you can go to www.firstgiving.com/lisacorman

Congratulations! My DH and I have talked about it, but the requirements are so ridiculously difficult! Neither of us is a competitive runner. It's nice to know we could get in through a charity if we ever decide to do it! Right now, we're wanting to get in on the Marine Corps Marathon in DC that goes on in October. That one always fills up really fast so wish us luck!

We live really close to Boston, so, who knows, maybe we can go and cheer you on! Keep us posted on your progress!

I'm only competitive against myself! I agree, I don't think I am genetically capable to get in. Charity running is a great alternative, but I would say the fundraising part is harder than the actual training! Most charities have a set amount you have to raise (usually between $3500 and $5000) and what you dont raise, you are financially responsible. Hence why I said the fundraising part is more stressful!!!
I hope to finish in about 5 hours. I ran the Hartford Marathon in Oct with bronchitis, despite being told I wouldnt finish. So I am excited to see what I can do when I am (hopeully) healthy!!
Good luck getting into Marine Corps-let me know if you do!!

I am running a marathon May 1, but not Boston. It's my first marathon and I know I can't run at the pace needed to qualify. I hope your fundraising goes well!

I live in the midwest so I'm running the Illinos Marathon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.