Anyone out there that has a hard time finding a fitness buddy

Hello All,

I am new to the forum and at almost 60, OMG did I just say that? oh wait, it gets worse, I am so horrified to confess that I really only discovered Cathe 6 mths ago, yes I know, some of you call it "living under a rock" I call it "not thinking outside the video box".

This thread really caught my attention. It seems that I am not the only one who longs to share their fitness journey with another woman. ilovefitness commented that her workout buddies are men. Mine is my hubby for a couple of months in winter. Don't get me wrong, I love his willingness to be scared straight by Cathe, Michelle D. or others, but it would be fun to share and talk about the challenges and the victories with another female. I can ask a girlfriend to come over for a meal and a glass of wine and she's all for it but talk to them about buddying up for workouts and the subject goes to something else, usually drama. One time one actually said yes and brought a video she had just bought. As soon as we got to the part where you breathe hard, she went to the bathroom and didn't come back till it was over. True story.

Anyway ladies, I am so grateful for finding Cathe. I have amassed a small library of Cathe vids in the last 6 mths and I see such changes in my body like never before. I'm like a kid with new toys, don't know which one to play with so I choose the one I am most afraid of.

Luck and Best Wishes to You All :)

Rosa

This is why I love this forum. I live in the Pacific NW where people are supposedly so "outdoorsy and fit", but I don't know anyone I can talk to about fitness. I love being able to connect with others who love fitness and understand that we love it, because we do. And we love it enough to workout on our own, at home, to our max, almost everyday, with no one telling us what to do, or when to do it. I love that about this forum. Keep up the good work Cathletes!

THANKS for your response as well. I am in your neck of the woods. :p I know what you're talking about. The guy friends I have are cool. They get what I am doing, but the gals around here think I am nuts. This is something I love about Cathe and the gang. They are solid and serious. I improve my strength with Cathe's workouts. Some of her workouts may look innocent enough; yet they really challenge you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.