Anyone interested in a TTC forum again?

Any update DarkFemFatale? I'm supposed to be O'ing next week, so we'll give this another try and see if we can have a Christmas baby.

Hello, ladies!

Anyone have any luck so far? :)

I'm still trying to figure out my cycle... my cycle was 38 days this time around. Since I just got off the pill, I'm hoping maybe the next one I can start temping to figure out when I ovulate. Right now, I have no idea!

I hope you ladies are having some luck! :) Sending baby vibes...

Meg

Me, me, me!!! I just testing this morning at only 6 DPO and I got a line!!! You can't see it too good here, but you can see it. Ignore the dark smudge looking line to the right (that's just a shadow).

X

Now, I just have to wait and see if it sticks. I'm already nauseous though which is why I took the test this morning. If this sticks, I'll be due right around my 10 year wedding anniversary - Dec. 1.

Last edited:
Yea Lian. I hope it sticks!! I ovulated last week so I will be testing in the next few days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'll let you guys know.

Melissa

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Melissa! Since that test I've had negatives and another positive. I'm still only 8 DPO, so I know I need to just be patient. I'm not a patient person though!

Well, still only 10 DPO but all my tests now are coming back negative so I'm pretty sure I'm out. I had a lot of cramping the past 2 days so I think I ovulated late. I may still be in the running with that late ovulation, but I highly doubt it since I'm due on Tuesday. Two short of a luteal (whatever that's called) phase. Hope some of the rest of you are getting good news!

Well I'm out also. AF showed up last night. I think I ovulated earlier that I thought I did. Have any of you guys tried those ovulation prediction strips? I'm just wondering if they work and which ones you use.

Melissa

Melissa - I have been using them every day! ;) I got a pack of 40 from Amazon.com. According to my chart and this app on my phone, I should have ovulated last Tuesday. Even the OPK (ovulation predictor kit - those strips) came up "positive" on Tuesday. But, I always cramp when I ovulate and I never did. This week, I cramped like crazy on Tuesday and Wednesday and the OPKs were WAY positive on those days, so I'm pretty sure I ovulated late. I "might" still have a chance, but I doubt it with a late ovulation like that. AF always shows up like clockwork, so I don't think there is time for things to "work". As for those OPK strips, the test line has to be as dark or darker than the control line. A test line will always come up unlike with a pregnancy test, but it's always negative unless it is really dark. It probably takes a cycle or 2 before you really can tell when it is positive.

Meg - I don't "think" so. I'm pretty sure that pregnancy test was a false positive. When I bought the more expensive tests (First Response and Clear Blue Digital), I kept getting negatives. I still haven't started AF (Aunt Flo), but I was only due yesterday.

Basically, the lesson here is don't test early!!! I was testing at only 6 dpo (days past ovulation) when I got that positive. Now, I'm pretty sure, that I hadn't even ovulated then. I ovulated a week later than I should have (my chart said I should have o'd on March 8th but I'm pretty sure it was March 15th instead - had cramps that day like I normally do when I o. So as of today, I am really only 8 dpo. I'll give it a few more days and if AF doesn't show, I'll test again. I'm not touching a test strip though until I'm at least 10 dpo.

I'm a member of a pregnancy board that has a lot of indepth forums on TTC etc. and then even due date clubs once your do get your positive and play rooms after your baby is born. I've been there since before having Akadia and it's a great place for info. and more "active" than here. If you ever want more info, just PM me. ;)

Last edited:
Ok, I'm finally out this cycle. Sheesh, that was long! At least for me. I normally only go 25 days. Anyways, not sure yet whether we are going to try again this month or if I'm going to hang it up and enjoy the upcoming summer and my vacation.

Hey guys,

How is everyone doing? I will be testing this weekend so hopefully I will get a positive. I'm waiting until AF is late and she's due tomorrow so maybe she won't make an appearance. I have been having some early pregnancy signs but just wonder if it's all in my head.

Hope to hear some good news from you guys soon.

Melissa

Hey Melissa! We're giving it one more go this month before holding off for the Summer. I'll be starting the 2 week wait soon, so I will not know anything until probably the 25th. Good luck!

Hey guys,

We are so excited. We just found out we are pregnant. I took a pregnancy test yesterday, couldn't wait until this weekend and it was positive. Looks like I am due December 22. I am going to the doctor next week to confirm. Hope you guys get good news soon.

Melissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.