Anyone interested in a TTC forum again?

Sisyphus

I know there was one of these before, but it doesn't seem like there is currently a forum for ladies who are trying to conceive.

Is there anyone in that boat who might be interested in a TTC check-in?

I'm going to start trying for my first baby in the next few weeks!

Meg

Meg - I'm up for it. My baby is 7 months, but we are already working on #2. I'm testing in about 2 weeks. ;)

Liann,

How exciting! Congratulations on starting to try for baby #2! My sister and I are 17 months apart, and it was always the best thing growing up-- built-in best friend! :)

I'm 30 and I've been married 8 years, so we're super nervous about this new chapter!

Just out of curiosity, are you taking prenatal vitamins? If so, do you have a kind you recommend? There are SO many brands out there.

Meg

Meg - Funny thing, I was 30 and married for 8 years when we started TTC Akadia! It definitely is a change after 8 years of it just being us. It's a good change though. I'm glad we had that time alone, but now it really feels like we are a "family". We get a lot less sleep, but I wouldn't change it! I take a lot of vitamins - still taking them from the first since I am still nursing. I'll look at the prenatals when I get home and see what brand they are. I think they are Spring something.

Hey Meg,

I would be interested in a TTC check in. We just started trying for our second child. Our first is 18 months old so we are ready for another one. I have started taking prenatal vitamins, although I'm not sure what brand they are. I got them from Target and I believe they are the Target brand. I can check and let you know. I do know that they had the exact same vitamin content as the ones my doctor prescribed. I know you need one with folic acid and DHA.

Liann,

Good Luck on your test. Are you still nursing your daughter? I nursed for a little over a year on my first. I applaud you for TTC while nursing. I don't think I could have done it. Nursing seemed to take alot out of me.

Good luck to both of you

Melissa

Melissa, welcome!

Any info on prenatals would be appreciated... I'm just not sure which brand to go with, but I'm starting to think it doesn't really matter and that they're pretty much all the same, right? As dorky as this sounds, though, I'd like to go with a brand that someone else already used and produced a healthy baby. ;)

I *just* came off the pill (after 11 years straight on it), so I'm still waiting for my cycle to regulate... I've been on the pill so long that I have no idea what my natural cycles are like (before being on the pill, they were all over the map-- cycles from 18 to 49 days). :(

Liann - How exciting that you're already in full-blown ready-to-test mode! Good luck! :) Wow, I am on a parallel timeline as you were, then! I'm sure it'll be weird when it's more than just DH and me. We've been together over 10 years total, so it's a strange thing to think of actually starting a family together.

Looking forward to checking in with you ladies... I'm a longtime (like 3 years) lurker and not much of a poster, but it seems like this thread used to be more active than it is now. A pity! I learned a lot. :)

Meg

Hi! I am NOT TTC right now (Elizabeth is only 4 weeks!) and since I'll be 39 next month, probably will not TTC again. However - on the prenatal vitamins - I use the Up & Up brand from Target, and my OB said that was just fine. My OB also gave me lots & lots of samples when I was pregnant, so I had different varieties to choose from. I'm still working on nursing, so I'm taking prenatals plus an iron supplement and calcium supplement.

Meg - My Prenatals are "Spring Valley". I took them before, during and after A's birth and she's doing pretty good. ;) I took other things too though - Iron and Vitamin C (my iron levels were low throughout the pregnancy) in the morning and my prenatal, VD, Calcium & B complex in the evening.

Melissa - Yes, I'm still "nursing" - I pump mostly and feed from bottles since I work several days a week. I was looking forward to stopping that when Akadia hit a year, but it looks like I'll be going for another year! At least it keeps the weight off. I've been awful at working out since the baby, but I lost all the weight pretty quickly and I think it was from nursing. It really does take it out of you!

Hey guys,

Meg the prenatals that I am taking are the Up and Up from Target also. They have two different pills in them. One is the prenatal and the other is the DHA.

I will hopefully be ovulating next week so hopefully we get pregnant quickly. It is so hard to tell when you are ovulating. With my first child it took about three months of trying to get pregnant so we were very lucky that it was so quick. I just went off the birth control pills in December and my doctor told me to wait one month after I stop the pills before trying so heres hoping that it happens soon.

Good Luck Liann. Let us know after you test. And yes nursing really helps with the weight. I put on way too much weight with my first but it came off very easy with the nurising

Melissa

I'm in.I've been ttc for 2nd child, almost 10 mths on and off. My son is 3&1/2 .
My cycles are usually betn 27-32 days.Last cycle it as 36 days :(, i hoped it was the month when my AF delayed.
Im on clomid 50 1st cycle this month cd3-7, today is cd5. Lets see if clomid does the trick.
does clomid really has higher chance of twins ?
Im on my prenatal since jan 31st, jus the GYN- samples.
I want to follow this forum and join u guys for the wonderful news and updates.keep posting.

Hey babygirl,

My sister in law took clomid and she only had one baby but a good friend of mine took clomid and now she is expecting twins. I'm not sure if it does have a higher likely hood of producing twins or not but my friend did not have any history of twins in her family. Good luck.

Melissa

Welcome, babygirl!

I have a colleague at work that used Clomid and only had one baby, but I know that a woman named Melanie who used to be very active on this forum used Clomid and had twins.

From what I've read, approximately 5% of Clomid users have twins, which isn't a terribly high percentage.

Good luck!

Meg

I'd be interested! I have one living child, the second we lost at 27 weeks pregnancy. So, we're working on #3 again, and have been for about 9-10 months now. I've actually been wondering about not ovulating. My body fat is at 17%, and I didn't ovulate this past month, so I'm wondering about gaining a couple pounds of body fat to help ovulate regularly. It's hard to do after having spent the last year losing 83 pounds!!

Thanks melissaw and sisyphus..it's not like i dont want twins..iam jus curious and excited, bcos i have never come across twins in my life...
anyway, from today cd8 my OBGYN askd to test for the ovulation using OPK's till cd18.though during intial months i've used opks to predict ovulation, after trying for several months i jus stopped..
Lets see.. anybody else O in next 2 weeks ?

Ok, I'm pretty sure I O'd late this time - (2/14), so I'm only 6 dpo now instead of 11. I have been testing anyways (negative of course) because I am a "Pee stick addict", but I don't expect to really know something until later. I figure if I end up seeing any line at all on my stick (nothing right now), I'll know something is up. Saturday will be my official test day with the more expensive test. I'll let you guys know what happens.

Hi ladies,
I used to be active on these forums during my first pregnancy. My baby is now 14 months and we are ready for #2. Sadly, I suffered a m/c last week at 7.5 weeks. I was given Cytotec and was seen yesterday. My uterus is almost back to normal and my hormones are decreasing. I'll go back on Friday for another beta test. My Dr. recommended me to wait till my next cycle to start ttc again. I'd love to share this journey with people that are ttc as well. This experience has been hard but I have learned not to take anything for granted. I thank the Allmighty God everyday for my sweet little boy and for the support of DH and my family. Hoping to get to know everyone soon.

Priscila

Welcome Priscilia and Darkfemfatale,

I'm so sorry to hear about your m/c. My best friend had a m/c at 12 weeks and I know how difficult that can be.

I should be ovulating in the next few days so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck on Saturday Liann.

Melissa

Priscilla and Darkfemmefatale,

I am so sorry to hear about your losses. :( You have my sympathies. ((Hugs))

All,

I haven't quite figured out my cycle yet, so I'm not sure where I am as far as ovulation, etc. But my husband and I are getting over one heck of a flu (I've been out of work all week!), so no BD'ing any time soon...

Good luck to you, Liann!! Only one more day!

Meg

Well, I'm out for this month. AF decided to show her ugly head yesterday. I just had a feeling it didn't take. :( So, I'm CD2 now (cycle day 2 - we use a lot of abbreviations on this pregnancy forum that I belong to). I wasn't too keen on the idea of having a December birthday (tons of December birthdays in my family and my anniversary), but we'll probably try again this month. DH was pretty disappointed.

So sorry to hear that Liann! I know how much it sucks to get AF each month! We've been trying forever!! I'm a little worried because my first two pregnancies took on the first month of trying! I guess we're not as fertile anymore.

I'm really hoping that this might be my month! It's CD37, and no AF! I keep taking pregnancy tests, and they keep saying negative....but it ain't over till the fat lady sings, right?! My longest cycle ever was 34 days long, so I'm well over that mark.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.