Anyone in the Wash DC area?

L Sass

Cathlete
Does anyone live in the area? DH and I are coming in on Oct 12th because he has an argument in front of US Supreme Ct on Tues the 13th. Wondering if there are any Cathletes I haven't met on RTs who might want to grab a coffee?

Wow, how cool for your DH! Lorrie, I'm in the Shenandoah Valley, about 2 hours from DC - probably too far to drive for coffee, plus I have to work, BOO!:(

Does anyone live in the area? DH and I are coming in on Oct 12th because he has an argument in front of US Supreme Ct on Tues the 13th. Wondering if there are any Cathletes I haven't met on RTs who might want to grab a coffee?

Hey L Sass,

I live very close by in Bethesda, Maryland and I'd be delighted to meet for coffee on Oct 13. Bethesda is only about 8 miles from Downtown D.C. Very exciting for your husband. Where are you originally from?

my personal email is [email protected] if you want to contact me privately to work out the details.

Best Michele

meeting

Hi ladies,

I'd like to meet. I live in Northern Va just over the river. I do work full time, but I maybe able to get away for a couple of hours.

Tracy

I live in Potomac, MD (just north of Michele in Bethesda). I have an AM doctor's appt and I haven't decided if I want to take the day off or not. If I don't work, I could meet for coffee on the 12th.

Good luck to your DH! Very impressive to argue in front of the Supreme Court.

Hi ladies -- looks like we have a few and maybe we could at least do a quick coffee. DH says we get in sometime in the early afternoon of the 12th. His argument is Tues the 13th and is 3rd up on the docket. The Court starts at 10:00a.m. so we're not sure what time we have to check in there on Tues a.m.

Never been to DC so I have no idea where we could meet. I will let you know where we are staying (he thinks Affina hotel???) and what time we have to check in Tues morning so we can decide if it would be better Monday night or early Tues morning??? We fly out right after he's done.

I LOVE meeting new Cathletes! Real quick - we're coming in from Cleveland, Ohio. We are both lawyers but I put my career on hold to raise our kids. Youngest just started kindergarten so I am running for political office (election in Nov) but first I have a bodybuilding competition 10 days before his argument (my first ever - YIKES). I've been to 4 Cathe RTs and know that Cathletes are the greatest, strongest folks on the planet! :D:D

Hoping we can all pull together some kind of a get-together. If anyone wants to e-mail me I'm at [email protected].

Hey Lorrie! I'll be in DC week of 12 October for work. I'll be in the Northern VA area on the 15th and flying home on the 16th.

Hi all -- I know it's short notice but I thought I'd check in again and see if anyone can still swing this? Turns out my 11 year old daughter will be joining us, so as DH is breathing and final prepping and BREATHING, my DD and I will be available. She LOVES my Cathe friends and would like nothing more than to meet whomever may still be avaliable.

DH advises we are staying at the Liaison Affinia at New Jersey NW and "D" if that makes sense to any of you. We don't arrive until early afternoon on Mon and have to be at the Court by 9:00 a.m. on Tues. Sooooo -- might any of you be available for a Monday evening coffee chat and get-together? I'm game if you are. Those of you who know the area better than I throw out a few places -- DH says there is a Starbucks right around the corner. I'm not a big Starbucks fan, but wherever Cathletes are feels like home anyway so it's all good.

Let me know gals. Hoping....

Monday eve

Hi,

I'll be around. I'm going camping today, but will be back Sunday evening. I'd love to put faces to names! Send me a PM if you are still interested.

Tracy

Me too! Oh, how I wish I could join you! Lorrayne, are you going to meet up with them? Take lots of PIX you guys! Can't wait to hear all about it. Safe travels to you all.

LSass, sounds like fun, but you may have given a little too much info out about yourself on the world wide web. With the info you gave about your DH, it would be easy to find both of you, and I know you are concerned about an election you are in right now.

I will have to let you know later today if I can go or not. I need to either pick up or drop off DH tomorrow and depending on whether I drop off or pick up will determine my availability tomorrow evening. I don't really know that area well, but based on google maps there may be a couple of options. I don't drink coffee so I am not a Starbucks fan either.

Ladies I am SO sorry - we didn't get in until WAY later than planned. Delays at the airport and then at the train station threw our whole schedule way off. I guess I should be happy we were able to at least get some rest before the argument on Tuesday morning. The whole trip was too much of a whirlwind and I had no computer access to let you all know about the snafus. My apologies to all - but the SCOTUS was amazing!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.