Anyone Heard of XFlowsion (at Brian Kest in Santa Monica)?

dogs2birds

Cathlete
I was reading about this new workout that sounded kind of cool. DVD's will be available soon (xflowsion.com). Classes are currently offered at Brian Kest Power Yoga Center in Santa Monica, CA (poweryoga.com) and at Yoga Shelter in Michigan (yogashelter.com). It combines yoga, martial arts and dance. I copied this from the xflowsion.com website (it looks fun on the website):

(Eric) Paskel created uKarma’s Xflowsion for anyone seeking to be fit in body and mind without having to endure a sermonizing guru. Paskel believes that “Looking good is a by-product of feeling good” and many have already headed this powerful, message. Recently discovered by Jessica Biel, Elisha Cuthbert, Shannon Elizabeth, and Randy Spelling, this comprehensive hybrid combines an intense cardio and strength training workout with the relaxation and stress release benefits of yoga. It is fun, energetic, very effective for shaping, toning, and weight loss, and also leaves a sense of calm and peace. Students are guided by the charismatic Paskel who imbues each workout with such mantras as “We do this for our sanity, not our vanity”, and “Today we will free ourselves so we can be ourselves.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hi Suz,

I just looked at the website and it looks interesting and fun. It might be a nice change of pace; I've finally realized that intense cardio isn't the only way to be fit! I like Brian Kest, so maybe it would be something that I would enjoy. I signed up to get a notice when the dvds are ready.

Tracy

Well, now that I'm actually starting to like yoga (did I say that outloud???) and starting to also want more balance in my life, I thought these workouts looked interesting and fun.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

RE: Anyone Heard of XFlowsion (at Brian Kest in Santa M...

Suz-You and I are so much alike! We need to GTG and discuss this over coffee sometime!:D

Well.... I think it sounds like an interesting concept, but the workout clip seemed a little overwhelming to me. There was just so much going on, it reminded me of MTV...but it will be interesting to hear the reviews!

Yeah, it certainly was a little "busy", Marie. I definatley agree there! Clips can be deceiving though as they can "cut and paste" all kinds of stuff together and when you actually preview the real work out you see something totally different! :)

Marie,

You're right. They probably just try to cram as much in there as possible for their little clip. :) It will be interesting to see the reviews.

I like your Tony Horton saying. I also think it's funny when he wants to jump back in on an exercise and makes everybody wait for him or when he's starting an exercise and says "Nobody go." He reminds me of a little kid. It always makes me smile.

Suz

>Wendy,
>
>We must be twins separated at birth (of course you are the
>MUCH younger twin!!! :p).
>
>Suz

HAH! Could you imagine waiting YEARS for the 2nd of a set of twins to be born?? LOL Our poor mother!:p

Thanks for posting this as I just realized Bryan Kest is coming to my area in June :) I'm gonna sign up for his workshop soon!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.