Anyone heard of KUSHH! steps?

TG007

Cathlete
Hi Cathe and every one :)

I'm looking to buy steps for my Cathe STS Plyo Legs (I've been using regular high step but since I'm moving to a larger house I thought I would get a club size step so I can do more) and found that there is something called KUSHH! by The Step.

Should I get one of these? Anyone has any idea about steps with cushion? Are they any good?
http://www.thestep.com/KUSHH_7

"The KUSHH! is a first cousin to The Step in that it is approximately the same size and utilities the same blocks and risers, but employs new technology with a four-inch vinyl enclosed top. This new top allows the KUSHH! to act as a platform for cardio, a bench for strength, a jump-box for plyometrics, a bed for Pilates, and a mat for core and stretching making it the perfect all-in-one exercise device."

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I've never seen this. It does look interesting. But, for me at least, it looks too soft. I would feel like I was doing a step workout on a mattress. Not trying to rain on anyone’s parade. would love to hear from someone that has tried this.

Last edited:
This sort of step may have an application for some things but probably not for most of the stuff we normally do for Cathe workouts. Just think how many times Cathe reminds us to let our muscles do the work, not the joints, when we are jumping--we don't need more cushioning I think, just good technique. It definitely looks like a less stable platform so if you are using it for say, raised lunges, I would think you would have to lower your weight--kind of like weight lifting on an exercise ball.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.