Anyone heard of CLA - Conjugated Linoleic Acid?

nancyg

I read a brief description of a supplement called Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA), which says it has the ability to increase lean body mass while decreasing total body fat. Has anyone ever tried it, or know anything about it?

Nancy

You could try About.com/Thyroid. There are several articles about the benefits of CLA. I take it, and I believe it has really helped me, but I don't know what its effects would be for someone without thyroid problems.

Yes, I have been taking it for a few weeks. I am taking the EAS version. My friend who was a winner of the BFL 2002 competition swares by it! It is suppose to target those hard to burn fat areas. I have had great results and have noticed a true difference in my belly and post-pregnancy flab ;).

I know it also a combo of working out too. I haven't been eating perfectly the past month so I know it is not all due to diet! Who knows... maybe it works ... maybe it doesn't. I never know if I should trust supplements. I don't take too many of them for this reason.

I am also taking Betagen for muscle recovery and it really helping!

Thanks for the feedback. You read about all of these supplements that promise a lot of things, and I've never taken anything like this, but I was intrigued by it. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Nancy

For those who take it, do you just take the recommended dosage?

I got some tonight, and it says 3 capsules 1-2x daily. I'm probably going for the 2x daily. I wonder though, if 1x would be good enough?

PS - in an article that came in a healthfood flyer at the store I got the CLA, it says to take Chromium Picolinate along with the CLA. Anyone take that also?

I was told to take 2 capsules 3 times per day for a couple of months. Then, ease off to one per meal.

However, I gave up taking it for a while as I didn't see any results. Of course, I wasn't eating well. Perhaps I should try them again....

Lorrayne

>For those who take it, do you just take the recommended
>dosage?
>
>I got some tonight, and it says 3 capsules 1-2x daily. I'm
>probably going for the 2x daily. I wonder though, if 1x would
>be good enough?
>
>PS - in an article that came in a healthfood flyer at the
>store I got the CLA, it says to take Chromium Picolinate along
>with the CLA. Anyone take that also?

Hi all! I also take EAS's CLA in conjuction with their new Thermo Dynamx. I've been taking both for about a month now one to two times a day and I have seen a decrease in body fat but I can't be 100% sure that these supplements are the reason for that. I'd much rather give Cathe the credit. I'll post any future developments, though.

Elizabeth

I just got my CLA yesterday,it is the EAS version.Mine says to take 2 capsules,3 times a day with meals.When I got it, it wasn't at all like they pitcured on the website.Mine says 100% safflower oil.I emailed them and asked them but haven't got a response yet.I ended up opening the bottle anyways.My pills are about 1 inch long and are a purplish/black color.Does anyone elses look like this? The reason that I am asking is b/c the bottle says EAS CLA.But it doesn't look like it did on the websitex( And you know me.....I want it exactly how it is suppose to look..
Lori

Lori -

My pills sound like they look the same, but I didn't get EAS brand.. But from what I remember when I had Tonalin brand a long time ago, they look just alike.. big suckers!! Sometimes they almost aren't comfortable going down.

Mine says to take 3 tabs, 2x daily preferably 1hr before eating. Mine are derived from safflower or sunflower oil. Says they provide a minimum of 70% CLA in every batch. 1000mg-70% CLA.

Maybe mine aren't quite as good? They are NOW Brand, which is carried at my local HFS.

I paid $30 for 2 bottles which will be a 30 day supply if I take the recommended dosage. I'm considering looking at a liquid version (there are probalbly many out there), but one that contains collagen also. My friend just got a bottle of stuff from GNC. (I think it's similar to the Calorad, but not identical, I don't think Calorad has CLA). I will do some research and see if there is something else that will also provide the collagen. My friend paid $28 for her stuff and it's also 30 day supply.

Again, it's a thing of I won't know for sure if it's working or not, b/c I still need to lose about 25# and am eating good and doing Cathe, so how would I know? Sometimes I get caught up into buying so much stuff, spending money I shouldn't, and never know if it's worth it!

Well,I heard back from SND and they apologized b/c what is shown on the website is the US version, and I have the canadian version.They said I could return it if I wanted.But I opened the bottle yesterday hoping that it was the right product.I emailed them back and asked them if I would get similar results from the canadain version.I figured something was going to be different in the procuct b/c I was ordering canadian stuff.There are certian drugs that are not approved in canada yet.Ependrine is one of them but I don't even know if it is in CLA.My bottle cost $39.It says take 2 -3 times a day with your meals.
I spend alot of money on junk to.I bought another bottle of Xendrine a couple of weeks ago.Not for the weight loss part of it but when I get up at 6 in the morning I think it may help me have a little more energy throw my workouts.I don't know if it does.I should try a couple of morning without it.
I bought some stuff years ago.It was called Proenzi99.I thought that it worked but I ate perfectly and followed everything to a "T".Who knows ,was it the product or actually me? I think if you eat right and exercise ,everything else should fall right into place.
I bought the CLA b/c it was a part of the BFL program and people said that they got amazing results from the products they took.I really enjoy taking BetaGen it is so tasty.Anyway,thanks for your answers.
Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.