Anyone have Brook's vol. 2?

Yes, I have it, and it rocks.

Here's a basic breakdown of what's on the DVD:

A short (4 minute) joint mobility warmup.

"The Grind" workout, which is strength-focused. It's 20 minutes, and includes Turkish Get-ups (lunge-style and squat-style), Swings, Windmills, One-Legged Deadlifts, Squats to Overhead Extensions, One-Arm Rows, and a few other exercises.

"The Smoker" workout, which is cardio-based and clocks in around 16 minutes. Tactical Lunges, High Pulls, Overhead Squats, Kettlebell Diamond Burpee Pushups, Hand-to-hand Swings, Push Presses, and Star Jumps. It's 2-to-3 minutes sets with 30 second breaks in between.

"The Finisher" workout, 6 minutes of Tabata drills featuring Snatches and High Pull-Catch-Squats. (20 seconds on, 10 seconds off for a solid 6 minutes)

"Bonus Killer Abs," 13 minutes of various plank exercises and kettlebell weighted core work.

A brief (3-minute) cooldown with stretches.

As usual, Lauren includes a separate tutorial section in which she walks you through the proper technique for each exercise.

The workouts are fun & challenging. I have both Vol. 1 and 2 and I think they're both fabulous. Vol. 2 is definitely more advanced than Vol. 1, and offers very different workouts.

I've always liked Lauren's first DVD because you can go for more of a cardio challenge by going as fast as you safely can with a lighter weight, or add a strength challenge by going heavy - so the DVD doesn't ever get too easy or boring. Same goes for Vol. 2. I think it was totally worth the $40!

What she said! Afreet gave an excellent reply. I second everything--the workout is excellent. $40 is a lot of money to spend, and I understand your hestiation. I can only say that I'm not sorry I made the investment.

HTH,

Afreet described it perfectly, so I'll just say that I too have it and love it! It's short, but intense, and boy does it get the job done!

Go to totalfitnessdvds.com and view the clip there -- it's longer than the clip Lauren provides on her website. I prefer it to volume 1.

I agree with everyone's assessment. This is a great workout, however, it is not chaptered w/in each workout like her first one was. So you can't skip around w/in each w/o. No biggie though since the longest is only 22 min.

Wow, Afreet, after that description, I think I went from zero to enabled to purchase in the time it takes to do three swings with light weight!

Whee!

Well, Lauren is my favorite kettlebell instructor. I guess I just get all "enabley" when it comes to her DVDs...:eek:

Whee!

Well, Lauren is my favorite kettlebell instructor. I guess I just get all "enabley" when it comes to her DVDs...:eek:

I appreciate it. I was on the fence about her second one. I didn't find her first one all that challenging, although it made me sweat something fierce, and I found her constant playing with her hair to be somewhat annoying, a minor irritation to be sure. However, I really liked her form, and I liked that her body type and clothing made it really clear what the form was, which is great for a beginning kettlebeller. It sounds like the second one is more challenging and with a great variety of exercises. I really did purchase within 5 minutes of reading your post!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.