Anyone have a good success story firming and fighting cellulite??

robyn6002

Cathlete
Anyone out there have a good success story for getting so toned the dreaded cellulite is gone???

Would LOVE to hear your results and how you got there!

Hi Robyn,

My success story is still a "work in progress" but I can at least give you hope! :)

I've had great results shedding cellulite this past year. My butt is free of it, and my thighs are ALMOST free of it (my inner thighs have formed some sort of unnatural attachment to it! But it's coming off if I have to carve it like a Thanksgiving turkey!)

Anyway~what it took and continues to take is eating a low fat diet and lots of cardio to burn fat. I TRY very hard to keep my fat intake to 20-22% of my daily calories, and I do cardio 5-6 days/week. I also train my legs hard! The more muscle I build the less cellulite I have, so it's not an overnite process, but if you stick with eating as cleanly as you can (high fiber/low fat), keep your fat intake to around 20% or so, and if you can do 5-6 days/week cardio (varying intensities and lengths of time), you should see some marked improvement in a matter of a few weeks or so (4-6 possibly).

Now~this is what worked for me, so be patient with yourself and your body. You may or may not become completely cellulite free, but you can darn sure get rid of a great deal of it and improve the overall appearance. I assume that if it worked for me, it can work for anyone since I grew up a fat child/fat teen/fat adult, and I had layers of it!

If you need any more info let me know, I'm happy to share any info I can in the "great battle." :)
Donna

p.s. don't you wish you could bottle and sell the fat you shed? The profits could buy me more Cathe videos!

Hey thanks so much...

Good advice - funny I'm doing clean eating and 1st two weeks were no white flour and sugar -- and INCREASING water -

This week I was going to focus on decreasing fat.

I like the idea of in addition to cardio - emphasizing legs -
I now go to a gym (3 days of that) 2 days LL and I'll have 5 days with cardio (some days will be double)..

Thanks for your great insight...

My view is keep trying stuff until major increase... (my weight is fine) it's just the Frigging cellulite

Thx

hi robyn6002
well i have recently lost 35 pounds, i have gained and lost weight many times, i will be 49 in may and my goal is to weigh 115 by then i have 15 pounds to go.

i do high impact/ step and/ cardio classes 5 times a week,
and i walk 3 miles a day during my lunch break at work.
i no longer have to take zocor for my high cholesterol.
i carry 2 pound weights one day and the next i wear 2 pound ancle weights.
i am very determined to keep my weight off this time it gets harder every time i gain to loose it again.
so for me this is a success story.
paula

RE: Motivation

This isn't my story, but it motivates me.

One of my spin instructors lost over 60 pounds a few years ago and had never even been on a bike. She and her hubby, now a personal trainer, lost over 130 pounds between them in one year. They are both over 40, and neither have any visible cellulite. They both decided to get certified to teach and train and loose weight together. It is so cool to see the before and after pictures, just amazing.

They tell us it was determination, lots and lots of cardio, decent weight training, and pure eating. They both eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies, meat and fish, and tons of water. Both avoid sugars, starchy carbs, and processed food.

RE: Motivation

Hey thanks so much for the good info...

I've actually upped my clean eating recently so hopefully that will do it.. excercise has been ok - and i joined a gym for 3 times a week weight work...

oh and the water!

thanks for your stories :)

There is hope... it's weird cuz my weight is ok --- fine in clothes but the &*&^ lack of firmness in shorts --- yuck

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.