anyone have a Cockapoo?

ms71069

Cathlete
We're looking to add a family member to our home and I'm thinking of getting a Cockapoo, but am having a difficult time finding a breeder that seems reputable. Does anyone have any suggestions?

TIA!

Have you looked at rescue groups on line? Check out petfinder.com. There are so many dogs needing a home. Just a suggestion. Good luck--they are so cute .

I have looked and haven't found anything that's close to me - South Jersey. We got our Boxer and Maine Coon cat through a rescue and it's a great feeling to give an unwanted dog a home.

Thanks for the reply!

My mom as 2 cockapoos and they are great dogs.
I don't know where you are it but she is in Georgia.
Maybe I could get a recommendation from their breeder?

Hi Shoe -

I would appreciate any information you could get from your mom's breeder. I just called my vet to see if they knew of any breeders and they didn't know of anyone.

I'm in South Jersey.

Thanks!!!

P.S. just out of curiosity, how much do your mom's dogs weigh? I have an adult Boxer (biggest baby going), but want to make sure that I get a dog that, when mature, won't be too little that I have to worry about it!

ROTFL, Allison, you just crack me up!!!!!

Is there a breeder's association or kennel club for cockapoos? Most reputable breeders will be listed in some sort of association for the breed.

A lady at my dog park got her cockapoo from Janae Wallace in Arizona. I just checked and she is listed on the Cockapoo Club http://www.cockapooclub.com/

But you do know that we will want to see pictures once you get the new family addition, right :D:rolleyes:

Last edited:
We got our goldendoodle (golden retriever and poodle mix) from a breeder in South Jersey (Jersy Doodles). They are bigger than cockapoos of course but not huge--ours is 2 years old and weighs 50 pounds.

There are tons of awesome dogs in shelters that need homes. I have me-self a wonderful ASPCA special, a labraterrorist. She's half lab half terrorist. I don't know that I would intentionally seek out a dog with cock and poo in its name but that may because Ali and I are on the same wavelength.

I sent her an email and hope she will get back to me.
I leave tomorrow for 2 weeks so it may take me a while to get back to this thread.

Mutts are awesome!! I have a 100lb Newfoundland/lab mix that I rescued from a farmer that was going to kill him and his littermates,(btw a friend found them all homes),David is 12 years old now and still a big goofy puppy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.