Anyone ever try Joyce Vedral Workouts

Jazzyja

Hi, I have been lurking on this website since the summer. I have been working out with Cathy since August and I love her. I am also a workout advocate of Joyce Vedral. I have been doing her workouts for over ten years. I sometimes rotate between Joyce and Cathy. They are both Hardcore weight workouts to me.

I am 49 years old and I feel like 29. Just wanted to know if anyone else has been working out with Joyce Vedral also.

Thanks,
:)

Hi Joanne,
I used to work out to Joyce before I found Cathe. In fact, I started weight training back in 1986....I just turned 50... with Vedral's book Now or Never. She was always an inspiration to me until the past couple of years.I have her Bottoms Up tapes which are so poorly done, it's embarrassing. And these videos were not cheap....She also, like Karen Voight, had breast augmentation to improve her figure. Frustrating since the message is you'll never look that great without surgery....After finding professional and precise Cathe, I could never go back to Joyce's amateur style....although she has a great sense of humor!

I agree with Sunset. I have three of Joyce's workouts. Cathe is much more professional. Cathe's form is great and cueing (sp?) is great compared to Joyce. I've come to realize that you use what works for you. I've always been one to hang on to others opinions and purchase whatever worked for them only to find that it doesn't work for me. (Exercise videos, homeschooling curriculum, etc.)
Joyce is out in my house.
Cathe, Tamilee, and The Firm are In.

:)
Shirley

I like Joyce. Especially her early workouts. True, she could improve on her form in some of her videos but if you already know good form it shouldn't be a problem. Sometimes Cathe is too much on a weight day so I reach for my Joyce tapes. She tends to slow down when she has someone else counting for her. I really like her old Bottoms Up series, I still use it. Can't say much for her newer stuff though. HTH! :)

Hi:) I am finding that I am enjoying Joyce Vedrals workouts lately, with the lower weight 3-10 pounds, and faster reps, even tho, Joyces cuing is nowhere in the area of Cathes:)) She is good to use for a change, I just wrapped up Cathes August Rotation for Fat Loss and Definition and wanted some thing easy and light weight to shake things up and "lighten" up my intensity for a while before getting "Hardcore":)) And Joyce and my treadmill seem to be fitting the bill! I love the new Just Joyce workouts, and her Fat Burning 2, and Definition Series the most:) HTH! Sincerely Misty

I like her books, but not her tapes. I DID have Bottoms UP (the video) but traded it because I was spoiled by my Cathe workouts.

Hi, I also worked out with Joyce's tapes, but found her form to be horrible. Speed is one thing, but you can seriously hurt yourself. Not to mention that her tapes are expensive!! After finding Cathe, I haven't returned to Joyce. And yes, she most definately had surgery!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.