anyone ever try HIP HOP ABS by Shaun T. at Beachbody ?

RE: anyone ever try HIP HOP ABS by Shaun T. at Beachbod...

I have always been a P90X girl myself but broke down recently and tried Hip Hop Abs. I think the music is good and they definitely are fun! The choreography is pretty basic but still dancey and you really will feel it in your abs the next day if you use proper form.

Coni

does it als work your lower body? i do floor aerobics mostly.

laura

I have both the Hip Hop Abs Level 1 and 2 series but not the newest Learn to Dance stuff. I do still use them occasionally. The ones I reach for most are the cardio workouts-the level one for an "easier but wanna do something unique" kind of day and the level two when I want to feel a little more worked out. Shaun can be a little over the top sometimes, but if you are ready for it-it can be fun and there are places where he really cracks me up. I definitely feel it in the abs the next day, even more so than Turbo Jam and I see the results. The lower body and other toning I hardly use at all. I just don't see the same results with those as I do working out with other instructors. I don't regret purchasing them and I am glad I have that variety in my workout library, but I don't think I will purchase any more of them. I feel a bit silly doing them since I am 36 and they really seem to be geared toward a younger crowd. The production quality is good, the set is nice, and the music is pretty motivating.

Hope you give us an update if you decide to take the plunge! :)

Jen, wait till you get to be 63, everything is geared towards the younger crowd LOL. Talk about feeling silly, I am trying to do P90X and will be ordering Turbo Jam. Also pre ordered Cathe's new DVD. I only wish I was 36 again and had the quality of workouts that are available today.

Susan

FYI: QVC carries HHA, and they are easier to deal with than Beachbody (a no-hassle, 30-day return policy).

Susan-Wow! That is great about P90X-I haven't attempted that yet but I will at some point. I hope you enjoy Turbo Jam-I feel pretty silly with some of those moves, too but it is fun and helped me lose a few pounds while actually enjoying the cardio. You make a very good point about the quality and variety of workouts available today. I still remember when the Jane Fonda workouts were a novelty (and shown in many store windows at the mall) and when Kathy Smith first came into the fitness market. :) If I had only known about Cathe back then!

Thanks for the info Kathryn but I joined the Million Dollar Body club and have a great coach and get 10% off so I will order through his website. So far I have not had to return anything I have bought from Beachbody and have had good luck with ordering.

Jen, I think I still have one of the old Jane Fonda videos. I also remember seeing workouts on TV once in a while back in the 80's where eveyone was dressed in the leotards and leg warmers. We have come a long way since those days. I could only find books on weight training back then.

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.