Anyone else TTC?

Hi, ladies!

Thanks for the look at my chart.

Gratefuldog-- yeah, I'm definitely doing it before I get out of bed in the morning. In fact, I set a separate alarm for about 1 hour before I normally get up that is just for taking my temp. My basal thermometer has a "recall feature" so that I can just take my temp, go back to sleep, and then wake up and record it by checking the last temp taken. I'm also temping vaginally versus orally because it appears that vaginal temps are more consistent and less apt to be affected by, say, mouth-breathing.

Mm123-- yeah, I do see a spike, but it's just that when I look at the temps so far, there doesn't seem to be a distinct shift (i.e. the temps allegedly post-O don't really look substantially higher than the ones allegedly pre-O). Oh, well, we'll see what happens. There are only a few more days until AF is due anyway, so I'll have an answer soon enough!

Mm123-- Gosh, I can COMPLETELY understand being freaking out that you're not nauseous when your friend is, but I know so many people who NEVER had morning sickness, and they had beautiful pregnancies. One of my best friends actually even had twin boys, and she never had a single day of nausea, even with the increased hormone levels of multiples. Another friend had 4 kids, and NEVER got sick unless she ate Ramen noodles-- for some reason, Ramen noodles induced instant vomiting whenever she was was pregnant (she loved those nasty things and ate them at least once a week). It was kind of a joke that the Ramen noodle-sparked vomiting was a more reliable indicator of pregnancy for her than her HPTs! :) Not everyone gets morning sickness, and you might just be one of the lucky ones! Sending all of my positive thoughts! :)

Sis

Last edited:
Thanks Sis. That is really reassuring. I hear of people not getting it but I'm so weird I almost want it so I know for sure everything is ok. I guess I shouldn't be so worried!

Can't wait to hear your results! My fingers are crossed!

Man, I should have been checking in over here earlier! There was so little activity I had kind of given up. I've been TTC since Jan 2010. I've had 4 miscarriages during that time and only just found out a few days ago that I am pregnant again. Things are looking good so far so I'm really hoping this sticks. Good luck Sis! I hope it happens for you soon! If you ever want to join in on a more active TTC forum, I'm a member of one that is hopping. Everyone is super nice there too. If you're interested, I'll PM you the location.

Congrats MM123 on your pregnancy! When are you due?

Welcome Amber. My fingers are crossed for you! I am so sorry to hear about your previous miscarriages. I really hope it works this time. How far along are you now?

I about 7 weeks so I'm further than my first time around. Fingers crossed!

Amber - I am so very sorry to hear about your 4 MCs. I am really hoping this pregnancy sticks for you!

Well, AF hasn't showed up, but my temps dropped yesterday, so it's only a matter of time. I'm out this cycle! But at least I got some good info from charting this month... I had no idea I ovulated so late and had such a short luteal phase. So those are things to keep an eye on going forward... I'm interested to see what charting brings next cycle, and I'm going to use a few supplements that I've read might help (B6, Bee pollen, and evening primrose oil).

Wish me luck!

Amber & Mm123-- congrats again! :)

:) Sis

Gratefuldog,

I actually am really happy that I took your advice to start charting. I think it's been invaluable in getting some insight into what's going on in general, and it helps explain (at least partly) why, after 6 months of REALLY trying, nothing has happened so far.

You know, I have made my peace with the idea that I might ultimately need medical intervention/progesterone support, but I do want to try some of the supplements and stuff first... that way, if nothing works, I can go to a doctor with my charts and the supplement lists and say, "look, I've done all I can do on my own, now you have to help me".

Thanks again for the suggestion! Now I'm addicted to Fertility Friend and temping! LOL. :)

Sis

MM123 - Thanks! Glad your pregnancy is going well! Once I get past 9 weeks, I'll be past my first loss. All of my other ones never made it to 6 weeks. I had my first blood test yesterday, so hoping for a decent number.

Sis - B6 really helped lengthen my LP. Start taking it now though. It takes a while to get into your system and make a difference so you might not tell anything this next cycle. It did start working right away for me though. Something else I used was Pro-Gest cream (from amazon) during my Luteal phase. I started using that at 3 dpo since you don't want to take any kind of progesterone too early and interfer with ovulation. Since I've had losses, once I get a positive test, my doctor automatically puts me on Prometrium which is a prescription strenght pill.

I also used Fertility Friend religiously up until my last loss. It's a great tool in understanding your cycles. I was technically taking a break from everything when I got pregnant this time, but I still think temping and charting is really important.

Good luck!!!

Last edited:
<I'm butting in here:eek:>

Amber, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I took B6, baby aspirin, Prometrium, and the progesterone cream as well. The pregnancy that finally stuck I used the Prometrium (200mg?) vaginally 3x/day for the first 10 weeks of pregnancy. The times I used it orally I still lost the pregnancies - I'm not sure if that was a coincidence or not. My RE said he had much better success using it vaginally in patients, so it may be worth asking about.:)

Sis- You definitely got some good info figured out this cycle. Onto the next is it! Good call on taking supplements. I have a friend who has polycystic ovaries and she is on several medication. It's amazing what they can do now-a-days. Another friend has it too. She recently started Clomid and is now pregnant. I know you don't have this issue but I feel like it's nice to know that there are many options out there now.

Amber- Sending you baby dust and positive thoughts in general and for your blood test :)

bmccartney and gratefuldog- Thanks for posting. The more info the better!

I had my first appt today. Everything went well! I do have to wait 2 more weeks to hear a heartbeat though. I'll get my first utrasound then too. Can't wait for that day. In the meantime, I'm slightly queasy in the mornings and have very specific cravings. I used to eat a salad every day but now the thought of veggies makes me want to vomit. I'm trying to eat as healthy as possible but it's been kind of a struggle lately.

Keep in touch everyone! Love reading all the posts!

Thanks Bethany!!! I'm doing 200 mg of Prometrium orally along with the cream. I also am taking a high level of folic acid and the B6. I was doing baby aspirin for the past few cycles, but stopped that this cycle. My first blood work results came back as 65 HCG and 35.6 Progesterone. The Progesterone number is really good, so the pills must be working ok for me. For my second blood draw today, my HCG had gone up to 158 so it more than doubled - phew. Once I get up to 1000, they will officially schedule my first appointment. So far everything is looking much better than my last 3 losses. Once I get past 6 weeks and see a heart beat, I'll be past the original loss. That's the appointment I am the most concerned about!

Last edited:
Amber, how wonderful - what a relief! I know the fear never really goes away, even as the numbers climb, but each step in the right direction is a huge milestone! I could never sleep the night before each appt, and I CRIED when I saw that heartbeat at 6 weeks (I'm tearing up now just thinking about it). Your numbers look great - I'm so happy so you!!!

Bethany - I already know I will be crying like a baby when I finally get to hear a heartbeat! My May miscarraige (the one that started them all) was a missed miscarraige and we only knew when we didn't find a heartbeat at the ultrasound. It will be a huge relief when we get past that with this pregnancy. I'll always have that moment in the back of my mind until then! Pregnancy after loss is a whole new ball game! :/ Number today was 436 so everything is still looking good.

mm123 said:
That number looks great Amber! I'm so happy for you!

(I'm replying to the whole thread, not necessarily the last post.)

How are all of your pregnancies going? Well and healthy I hope!!

I have some questions about TTC. My LO is 15 months, we still nurse ~3x/day (which I'm thrilled about, given the difficulty we had getting that started), and my cycle hasn't returned. So, I really have no way to know if anything has "happened" or not. I saw my OB in March and she had no concerns about my TTC, even w/ nursing and my age (4-0!!). I did ovulation tests daily for about a month and *never* detected a hormone surge. :( Looked like maybe *some* luteinizing hormone present, but no LH *surge*.

Anyone have any "been there, done that" advice? I'm not sure I want to try very hard for #2, but I'd like to have a sibling for my LO if I'm able. I kind of feel like, we waited so long to have our first, maybe we were just meant to have only one (who makes us so very happy!!).

Wastewitch,
Congrats on nursing you LO at 15 months! My baby is 8 months and my goal is to make it a year with him, but he's already drinking more than what I'm pumping for him at daycare. Anyway, I was only able to nurse my first for 6 months before drying up. We wanted another baby at that time, so I charted temps, took ovulation tests, ect. To make a long story short, I didn't have a bleed until 1 year AFTER I stopped nursing completely, so baby was 18 months. Then it took another year for my fertility to return. I hope this won't be the case with you, but for me my body wasn't even close to ovulating while I was nursing even once/day. Currently with my second baby, I have zero signs of fertility and I'm nursing him 4-5x/day. My mom, on the other hand, was able to get pregnant while nursing each time.

Thanks for the info Bethany! We are down to nursing 1 or 2x/day and my cycle hasn't returned so I will probably be like you, w/ my body slow to return to fertility (if at all). That's OK. I think our bodies are wise. :)

So, I will just pop in to this forum every now and again to see if there are updates. I wish you all well in your pregnancies! Liann, I also want to say that your words of encouragement really helped in the early days when I was trying to get nursing established.

TTC after miscarriage Q's

Hi ladies,
So af returned after 18 months, in July. I charted and did OPK's and got a BFP in October, sooner than I expected. Went in for a 9 week u/s and no heartbeat so I had a d&c that same week. :( The nausea & fatigue (which i didn't have at all w/ my daughter) had gone away a few days prior to the appt so I suspected something was wrong, but I also was mentally planning out the nursery & registry so I'm angry & sad.

My questions are: for the progesterone and other supplements, is that something I can ask my OB for if/when I get pg again? What about blood tests? I will be 41 in March so my body may be saying, "I'm too old for this."

Wastewitch,
I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage! As far as tests go, you can ask for hcg and progesterone levels after you get a positive pregnancy test. After 4 m/c's, the one that stuck was where I was taking progesterone vaginally (NOT orally, which didn't work for me) and baby aspirin. If I ever get pregnant again I will for sure ask for blood tests right away. Good luck!

Thanks! I have three friends who've also had miscarriages (one just m/c recently) and two have gone on to have successful pregnancies so I'm pinging them for lots of info and hugs.

What is the significance of baby aspirin, and do you take it after you get a positive result? I go back for a post-op follow up the first week of December. I have literally a WHOLE PAGE of questions for my doctor. She did tell me right after the sonogram there was no problem with trying again if/when my cycles returned - no concerns about my age, although that ups the risk factor somewhat.

Babies are like cats and potato chips, aren't they? Hard to stop at just one!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.