Anyone else leave their "game face" in NJ?!?!

step_a_holic

Cathlete
Man, am I tired!!! In a good way, of course.:)

I had my RT shirt on yesterday and my husband took one look at me and said "looks like you left your game face in NJ". I think I did...

I was able to squeak out a less than stellar performance of Drill Max last night up until the fast feet around the board. Then I felt like I was back in the gym doing them with Cathe!

Hope everyone is doing well and recovering from the weekend!

RE: Anyone else leave their

Hi Melissa,

I definitely left my game gace in NJ. I am not sore but I have been so tired I can hardly function. I guess 2 sleepless nights in NJ might have something to do with it.

My family was also a "buzz killer". I was so excited when they picked me up at the airport and was trying to tell them all about it, but I could tell they could care less. Even some of my friends were less enthusiastic to hear about my wonderful experience. I guess "regular" people will never "GET IT". I will have to maintain my high thru these posts and seeing everyone's pictures.

Anyway, I had a great time hanging out with you and Erin and all the other wonderful women I met this weekend. Lunch with Lorrayne was the best! Hope to see everyone next year..

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn! Glad to hear I'm not alone.

I'm sorry to hear that your family didn't share in your excitement. I have actually stopped talking about it to my friends and immediate family, excluding my DH and DD, because I can tell from the look on their face that they don't "GET IT" and probably never will. It dissapoints me, so I'm keeping most of my excitement to myself!;-) And to the forum, of course!:)

I had a great time with you and Erin also and having lunch with Lorriane was just too cool!! Just being with everyone was a great experience!

Hope to see you next year!

Well, I was doing well yesterday and even did BC last night- lowered the wts for squats and lunges to 25# but did everything else ala Cathe style. Now today I am totally wiped out!! Of course maybe I would have been wiped out anyway today-who knows. I just miss the excitement and being able to talk to someone who understands. My DH as sweet as he is just doesn't get it!!

Catherine

http://www.rykat.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/arrowhead.png

http://www.picturetrail.com/fit_fairy

http://69.89.25.157/~extremf4/forums/images/smilies/chinup.gif

Hey Melissa!

Yeah, my husband dutifully listened to my excited post-trip chatter but didn't seem too impressed one way or another. Just explaining to folks that I was flying to a "Fitness Weekend" (for lack of a better descriptor) usually produced slack-jawed, quizzical looks and comments like, "and you're PAYING for this?!" Yeah, that's right. It's a Cathe thing and you just wouldn't understand...

My personal level of excitement is still quite high despite all these "deflating" responses...and, like you said, that's why this Forum is so important...crazy workout fanatics need other like-minded crazy workout fanatics to understand them. That just seems to be the reality!!!

As far as the whole 'game face' thing... Though quite exhausted physically (not to mention sleep-deprived), I was actually EXCITED to get up this morning and see Cathe again (albeit on my television). I actually made it through GS Chest and Triceps with the 20-pounders for once! I guess you could say I was inspired!

*sigh*

:) Meecher

Hi everybody! I think what is so exciting for me right now, is when I look at the screen names I know your faces!!!!! And I see "game faces"!:7

My hubby picked me up at the train station, listened to all my stories and was asking lots of questions!!!

I don't work Monday's but today everybody is asking me questions about my trip! It's really hard too because I'm so piled up and it takes a long time to explain "everything"!!!

It was so nice to meet you all:)

I'm just now putting my game face back on! I am gearing up to do Muscle Max today after the LONG drive back to Ohio...we decided to drive straight through instead of stopping, so it was a LATE night! I haven't had the chance to bore anyone with all the details of the super-fantastic RT, but I plan on meeting my boyfriend at the door when he gets home from work:7

I agree that it is great putting a face to all the names on the forum! I read the whole Who's Who book today as well...so nice to have that, too. What a fabulous weekend:D

Ahhh... the "game face" Well, yesterday I left it in NJ!! Lemme tell ya, yesterday was one of the strangest days of my life! I pretty much sat by this computer and couldn't stop looking at all the pictures and comments about the RT. My poor DH kept trying to ask me about it, but I was in my own "zone" and would start to tell him but get distracted. Finally, he had to really stop me and make me tell him all the details! I was almost at the point of needing some de-programming! LOL.

Anyway, today is more back to normal. I actually had to find my game face here in NY and put it on because I already taught two cardio/sculpt classes and have to teach another one tonight!!

I wish we could do this RT all over again. It was one of the best, most memorable times of my whole life!

P.S BTW, Melissa, it was great meeting you and getting to chat in the car! You have an infectious smile and are a total sweetheart!

Awwww, thanks Vicki!!! It was great meeting you too. And again, thanks so much for getting Erin and I to the Meet & Greet. We were so anxious about being late!

My game face is coming back. I'm starting to feel a little more lively as the day goes on!

Great avatar BTW Vicki! One to cherish, that's for sure!!

Hey Guys,

I had a wonderful time too! Sad to be back to the real world. I made my DH pick me out of the full RT pic we all took and surprisingly he did, lol. I had a great time chatting with all of you. Carolyn I have never been so tired as I was last night coming home. I had to put my game face on this morning to Cardio Fushion, so Melissa I am feeling the pain of the cardio portion of Drill Max. I have to teach myself tonight too. The energy I am sure will never be as great as it was on the RT. I am so happy to have met all of you, NEVER in my life have a met such a wonderful group!!! Still looking at all the pics myself :).

Erin

Well, I tried, but I don't have that wonderful floor, the big ass fans and 105 wonderful woman stepping with me in my livingroom. I did Tracy's Sweatfest Step today and was thrilled to tell my DH and DD that "She's my friend!"

Thanks Robin you are so sweet!

When I got home from the RT I was wiped out. My DH was in the Cape and didn't return until the following morning so it was just me and the dogs and they didn't seem to be too interested! Luckily Allison called me in tears (surprise, surprise!). I sat in front of the computer and downloaded all of my pics. I swear I'm missing 1/2 of my pics! Anyway, I was SO exhausted I slept like a champ only to wake up and have to teach class on Monday. My class was shocked at how exhaused and haggered I looked. I was so excited and didn't shut up about Cathe and the weekend and they all just looked at me like "shut your trap and get on with the workout!"

Thank God you all get it!!!!! My DH called from the Cape and said he was just about to do CoreMax and then he'd be on his way home. I bought him Ab Hits for Christmas and I have CoreMax (which he has stolen) and he does Cathe's abs EVERY morning. I told her this and let her know that I forgot my CoreMax cover for her to sign for him so she went to her office, pulled another cover and signed it and gave it to me to give to him.

This was one of the greatest experiences ever and I will never forget it! Looking forward to it every year :)

Tracey

Count me in! I am sooo tired and STILL trying to recoup. I slept better then I have in a YEAR the first two nites home! Ahhh, felt so good. I had to teach Tuesday AM and it was rough rolling out of bed early. But, sooo worth it all. What a blast! My DH, on the whole, has done very well putting up with all my chatter & excitement since I returned. He was so patient with me thru the whole process the past 4 months or so. It was wonderful finally meeting you all! Can't wait til next time!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

Hi Melissa! I'm feeling it too. I taught class this morning and the energy in the room was not anywhere near what this weekend's was! I miss you all!

See Cathe, now every other class is just going to be a huge let-down!!!;-) That makes me feel a little better!!!!

If you notice, I have a new user name. And it is a word that my DD made up as her and DH were dropping me off at the airport. She asked me if I was "exer-cited"..."excited" to be going to "exercise" with CATHE!!! She said "get it, Mom, I put two words together!!"

Too cute, had to use it!! And a constant reminder of the RT!

Melissa (formerly known as step_a_holic)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.