Anyone else gone through this?

jawerd

Need inspiration to start working out as hard as I used to. I used to workout 7 days a week but I think I burned myself out. It's been two mths. now and I still workout just not as much or as hard. I think I would like to start again. What do you guys do to give yourselves the motivation? Besides wanting that incredible toned body lol. Thanks to all in advance!

I just come on here and read what everyone else is doing. I'm so incredibly competitive that I can't bear to see other people working out like fiends and I'm not!

I want to be different than the average person. I want to strive to do the best I can do and I want it to show. I want my teenage children's friends to say, "damn, that is your mom", etc. that is what keeps me going. I also think of health problems that I could get if I don't workout or lack of energy I will have.
There is always something or someone to motivate me.

Charlotte~~

First off, I think you need to give yourself a day off during the week. Sometimes just having a day off to look forward to gives me the motivation to just get myself moving for that day. Make sure you're doing a variety of workouts, too. Boredom really plays a heavy part in quitting.

And sometimes it's just a matter of ignoring that voice in your head that says, "I don't wanna work-out today." And tell yourself that you really do. It's the same principle as giving in to something you don't want to do because you're telling yourself you're NOT going to do it, instead of telling yourself you're going to do the opposite. You know, if you keep saying, "I'm not going to cry. I'm not going to cry." And all of a sudden....you're crying. If you say, "I'm under control. I'm under control." You will be under control.

"I want to work-out. I want to work-out. I LOVE EXERCISE!!!!"

It works. I swear.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.