Anybody watching Idol this year?

Worknprogress

Cathlete
To me, the show is sort of "flat." Yes, Paula was ditzy, I think half the time drunk or ??, but she added a certain charm to the show.

I like Ellen as a comedian but this kind of show just isn't her platform.

The contestants - there's not a stand out like Adam Lambert last year. I loved him during the season but got a bit soured by his antics at the Music Awards. I love his amazing talent but I admit I have been disappointed by his flamboyance. I wanted his talent to speak for him - not controversy. Oh well.

I do like the one little skinny girl with a voice as big as the biggest and the other girl that performed first last week and they talked about her coming off her illness (I guess that was diabetes).

And although Simon is brutally honest - he is usually spot on so I don't think the show will last much longer without him.

And although Simon is brutally honest - he is usually spot on so I don't think the show will last much longer without him.

I couldn't agree with you more.

I've been watching this season. I agree that it doesn't have the same feel as when Paula was there.

I thought the 1st week the 24 contestants sang, none of them were that good. Though, it was probably nerves. This past week, I think they were much better.

I'd like to see Michael go all the way. I really like that guy. If he doesn't get into the top 12, I'm not sure who I'll be rooting for.

This is the first year I've really watched the show...(9 years later??..lol) I'm enjoying Crystal Bowersox and Lilly Scott. I also really like Andrew Garcia though he needs to start picking some more exciting songs because I can't even remember what he did last week.

I do think that so far the girls are doing much better than the guys--on the guys side there are still some people who could get voted off this week that really SHOULD be going home. IMO, Todrick Hall just seems into himself and although Tim Urban improved from the first week, there doesn't seem to be a lot of substance there...

I'm watching! Still loyal after 9 seasons! :p

I don't like Ellen as a judge. She's funny and I like her in general, but she just doesn't have what it takes to be a judge. I also miss Paula. I think she, Simon and Randy are/were the fabric of that show. Once Simon goes, I think all bets are off. It won't last long after that.

The talent this season is pretty boring. I do like Casey James and the guy named Lee. I think Crystal is overrated... don't get her appeal. I like Mike as well. At first I thought the girls would produce the winner, now I'm not so sure.

I'm watching. So far not thrilled this season but last night was better than the last two weeks. I hope the males do better tonight as well.

I like Ellen, she adds a comic relief to the show. Granted, not the best judge technically speaking but I like her on the show. I also like Kara too. I too think that the show will not be the same without Simon next year.

I really like Siobhan and Crystal, I don't understand the appeal with Lilly however. I really like Lee Dewyze as well - he is from my neck of the woods. I think Aaron Kelly will go far because he will get all the young girlie votes - I think he is this year's David Archuleta.

Maria

I'm watching (actually taping, then fast-forwarding through, sometimes through some of the performances as well!).

I'm finding the new season rather "meh".

I like the Janis Joplin-looking guitarist and the other kinda folksy chick.

I actually like Ellen more than I thought I would, but don't think it was necessary to add her to the panel. I think the panel is much better without Paula on. I like Kara as well. She's more helpful than Paula ever was (and seems more mentally stable).

I'm going to miss Simon when he leaves, because even though he's blunt (some would say rude), he actually usually gives criticism the singers can use, unlike Randy, who often says vague crap like "Dude, the Dog isn't feelin' it". Yeah, REALLY helpful, Randy (and does ANYONE say "Dog" anymore?). I have a feeling I won't be watching after this year. It's getting a bit old.

I like Crystal too (the Janis Joplin type). I work with a girl that went to high school with her. Apparently she's had a rough childhood. My coworker said her stepdad used to abuse her and broke her arm once:(

I kind of like Ellen - she does inject some much needed humor at times and sometimes her criticisms are spot on, but mostly I get nervous for her when she appears to try to hard to critique and it just seems to make her a bit uncomfortable. I like Kara and unsure why she is disliked so much. I usually always agree with what she has to say.

We'll see what the guys bring to the table tonight. Should be interesting.

Heidi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.