Anybody tried "Core Secrets"

tvan_horn

Cathlete
I have been a devoted Catheite for about 8 years and have not been tempted by any other programs or instructors, except for crosstraining with running.

I was on the treadmill this a.m. and watched the paid programming for Core Secrets. Has anybody tried this program?

I am wondering if it would be a good supplement to Cathe strength training?

Thanks for any input.

Tina

RE: Anybody tried

Hi Tina,
I just tried Core Secrets this morning. I borrowed it from a women I work with. It was a little to easy. Although there were a couple of moves that were difficult I feel that Cathe is the best and I am spoiled by her. I can't wait to get my new DVD's from her new series. There is a core DVD in that set that I am sure will blow the others away.
There isn't a lot of reps in Core Secrets and some of the moves are really for beginners. The one move I could not do was sit on the ball and raise both legs and balance other than that it was a piece of cake. After I finished the DVD I did abs from Kick Punch and jump. Now that is a ball workout.
Along with doing Cathe I also walk 4 or 5 miles daily I live in CT so if it is really freezing out I won't walk. I just do more Cathe.
Hope this helps you.
Best to you,
Susan

RE: Anybody tried

The same question was asked two days ago. Here's that thread (which includes links to other threads about Core Secrets).

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?..._id=115620&mesg_id=115620&listing_type=search

I have it and like it (more detailed comments are in the links). I like that all the exercises are functional. You aren't able to lift as much weight, but that's not the point. The point is to develop balance, flexibility and muscular coordination, which has more real-life applications than traditional weight training.

I do wish there were more reps, sets, but you can always start the moves early (which is what I do while Gunner sets things up) to get in a few more reps, and you can easily repeat segments since the DVD's have chapter points before each exercise.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.