Anybody Else Feeling Crappy?

martijean1

Cathlete
First of all let me tell you, this is NOT an "oh poor me" thread (ok, maybe a little)...

I rarely get sick...Not a sniffle, not a cough, not the pooh-kip-see's...nothing...

Needless to say, I've had the chills (no temp) and have had said pooh-kip-see's and have felt pukey since yesterday afternoon...

I need to go home and cuddle the cat, I WANT to go home and cuddle the cat...But, being the boss does not make that an option. 2 1/2 hours left till the store closes...Who's gonna tell on me if I close early?

MJ in MN

A few weeks back I was really sick. I had the chills so bad I couldn't warm up, awful body aches and then my fever spiked to 104. I continued to run a low grade fever for almost a week. I rarely get sick so it was a shock to me.

Now, both my kids are sick with mild flu symptoms. UGH! I hope I don't catch THAT!

Hope you feel better soon.

I was home today with the belly monkeys. Yuck. Its still a little unsettled, but nothing like it was. I was in some serious pain last night. I probably could have gone to work today, but didn't want to take the chance. "Where's Nan?" "Oh, she's in the facilities, again" Nope, didn't want to do it. Stayed home, cross stitched and watched "Blind Date" on Fox reality and "Whatever, Martha" on FLN.

Nan

First of all let me tell you, this is NOT an "oh poor me" thread (ok, maybe a little)...

I rarely get sick...Not a sniffle, not a cough, not the pooh-kip-see's...nothing...

Needless to say, I've had the chills (no temp) and have had said pooh-kip-see's and have felt pukey since yesterday afternoon...

I need to go home and cuddle the cat, I WANT to go home and cuddle the cat...But, being the boss does not make that an option. 2 1/2 hours left till the store closes...Who's gonna tell on me if I close early?

MJ in MN

Marti Jean...I'm so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I had the same thing last week. Even my hair hurt!

Do you have someone to take care of you, I hope? Can you stay home tomorrow?

OK...this is not a man basher comment, I promise. I just wonder...do you ladies have men in your life who really take care of you when you're sick? I was dying last week and had to beg my BFF (former b-friend) to come over and bring me some food. And then he high-tailed it out of there so I wouldn't ask him for any more favors. Please someone tell me they have a great b-friend or hubby who nurtures them back to good health when they are feeling terrible.

:) Elizabeth

Last edited:
I'm lucky. My main squeeze has actually come over on his lunch to bring me gingerale and cough drops when I was feeling like a garbage heap.

Don't mean to boast Elizabeth, but I have one of those guys. I've been on the "verge" of being sick for a couple days. You know when you just feel blah but it's not enough to keep you away from work - just enough to make you miserable?? When I got home last night, dinner was being prepared for the kids, bath was running, polar fleece pj's lying on the bed and some Haagen Daaz ice cream in the fridge for my sore throat (without nuts as he thought they would hurt my throat!) Very sweet. I almost have to wonder when the aliens came and replaced my honey with this new one!!! LOL. Just kidding, he is very nurturing and likes to be needed so I allow him to once in a while!! I too, am one of those people who very rarely get sick. Sniffles here and there but never really sick. I don't have a temp (but it feels like I do) but I have wicked chills and almost a sore throat and a hacky cough. Hope it goes away soon. Luckily I work in an office by myself so I'm not disturbing anyone with my coughing!!

Don't mean to boast Elizabeth, but I have one of those guys. I've been on the "verge" of being sick for a couple days. You know when you just feel blah but it's not enough to keep you away from work - just enough to make you miserable?? When I got home last night, dinner was being prepared for the kids, bath was running, polar fleece pj's lying on the bed and some Haagen Daaz ice cream in the fridge for my sore throat (without nuts as he thought they would hurt my throat!) Very sweet. I almost have to wonder when the aliens came and replaced my honey with this new one!!! LOL. Just kidding, he is very nurturing and likes to be needed so I allow him to once in a while!! I too, am one of those people who very rarely get sick. Sniffles here and there but never really sick. I don't have a temp (but it feels like I do) but I have wicked chills and almost a sore throat and a hacky cough. Hope it goes away soon. Luckily I work in an office by myself so I'm not disturbing anyone with my coughing!!

Ruthie...not AT ALL! That is exactly what I wanted to hear. It restores my faith in finding someone like this, as the women in my family have the kind of husbands who come in, see that they are dying in bed, and ask "Are you going to fix me breakfast?" I love love love your story, especially the Haagen Daaz and pjs part!

PS...I hope you ALL get well very soon and have lots of cozy time until then!

Last Friday and Saturday I was with headache, and feeling realy bad. Sunday not desired for cooking dinner. Sunday my little one got fever and yesterday and today she still sick, but now My DH, and DD is sick as well, I haven done my exersice yesterday was a lazy, sick, day I hope today I can doit.

Still feeling nasty...Spent the night on the floor of the bathroom with a blankie, pillow and 2 cats (they are SO loyal)...At the store very briefly so DH could go to a meeting that has already been put off twice...Good grief, it's been YEARS since I've spent the night on the bathroom floor...Hopefully will be a better night tonight...

48 hours is too long for food poisoning, but no temp does not signal flu to me...Any thoughts?
MJ in MN

DH has the same thing. On the toilet for 2 days and vomiting. Muscle aches, headache, low grade or no fever. He wouldn't see the doctor. What do you all think this is? So far, I haven't got any symptoms.

Marti Jean...I'm so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I had the same thing last week. Even my hair hurt!

Do you have someone to take care of you, I hope? Can you stay home tomorrow?

OK...this is not a man basher comment, I promise. I just wonder...do you ladies have men in your life who really take care of you when you're sick? I was dying last week and had to beg my BFF (former b-friend) to come over and bring me some food. And then he high-tailed it out of there so I wouldn't ask him for any more favors. Please someone tell me they have a great b-friend or hubby who nurtures them back to good health when they are feeling terrible.

My brother does a great job of taking care of us when sick. A few months ago I had the flu and he stayed up all night with me while I puked my guts up. It was gross. He even went out at 2 am and got me soda and crackers. When we were 18 and my cousin got bone cancer, he went to every chemo appointment and every surgery. So, don't worry there are great guys who do take great care of their loved ones when they are sick. Your bff is a bit of a tosser imho. At least just in this area.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.