Any Suggestions?

joss

Hello,

I'm sort of new to Cathe's workouts. I have Basic Step and Body Fusion and recently purchased Low Max. I like to do cardio three times a week, as well as some walking. I must admit that I've been slacking off when it comes to lifting weights and I am aware that to get more benefits from a fitness regime, a person has to do weights.
I'm 5'2 and I prefer not to weight train my lower body. I found it made me look stockier and I don't want that. My upper body needs to be toned and also the fats gotta go.
This morning I worked out with Karen Voight's tape for the upper body and I hated it. I want something with meat and guts to it! Is there a weight training DVD that I can work out to that will take me to an intermediate level as I progress? I was thinking of Pure Strength for now and what could anyone suggest for later on down the road? I don't want to bulk up my body. I just want a nice toned look with less flab. Would doing squats and other lower body exercises without weights be a good alternative for someone with my height? Also, would working out with elastic bands and tubing on the lower body help with toning that area without getting the bulk?
I would really appreciate any help with these questions. Thanks.

Joss

Pyramid upper body is a good one just dont use real heavy weights;)Gym stlye legs is excellent also it uses an elastic band and a ball. It' really made my legs look very lean! Also on the standing portion of the workout she really doesnt use that heavy of weights.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.