Any recommendations for a dishwasher?

jackie7

Cathlete
I need a new dishwasher but I am so confused reading all the reviews. Anyone know of any good ones? Thanks

It's very confusing! Last year my dishwasher AND dryer died right before Christmas. We started looking and I was quickly overwhelmed! I got the "Consumer Reports" guide for appliances. The one we ended up with is a Bosch dishwasher. It works really well and my water sucks, so that's saying something! I guess it depends on your needs. A lot of dishes, pots and pans, running it daily etc. We're happy with it. Check consumer reports for their breakdowns on the best ones and prices. Makes sure you know the proper size too! Good luck.

My last 2 have been Whirlpool. I esp. love my latest one because it's very quiet and uses a lot less water and energy. I use my 1 to 2 times a day and I have very bad water here. My last one lasted my over 8 yrs. I also make sure I use a monthly dishwasher cleaner because of having nasty water and that also helped my last one to hang in there.

I'm going to recommend the Bosch also!

It's quiet, does a thorough & great job cleaning the dishes. I've had it 15 years and really never had any major problems.
My husband is a contractor and he highly recommends this brand to all his clients.

My vote is also for a Bosch, or Maytag. I've also had a Samsung, that was a very good dishwasher. It lasted close to ten years, and it had a sterilizing cycle. If anyone in the family was ill, everything went through the sterilizing cycle. Nice and handy, but, not a must have.

Bosch. I had a kitchen aid before. it got bad debris build up with no reasonable way to clean it.... supposedly a soft food disposer. the Bosch has a simple filter system that can be removed in 2 seconds, rinsed out and replaced. I've had mine several years now so not sure of the model. very quiet too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.