Any Raw Fooders Here?

>Oh, I agree with you about Alissa's recipes...they do look
>good!

Definitley get Alissa's DVD, where she shows how to make a lot of recies (easier to see than to read about) and gives tips, and answers questions.

I've found her dehydrator recipes to be sometimes very good, sometimes kind of yuk! But I'm still experimenting.

>I don't think anyone needs to get bent out of shape and
>follow everything to the t. My experience and research is,
>yes, raw food is good for you, does it have to be 100 %, no,
>it doesn't!!!!!

I agree!
While proponants of the 100% raw diet seem to be sometimes very convincing, I just can't bring myself there. At least not for 'forever.' Maybe for a few days or a week at a time as a natural cleanse, but the all-or-nothing (and some proponants claim that you have to go 100% to get all the miraculous benefits they talk about, and even say they get ill if they try to eat cooked foods) just doesn't convince me.

YMMV, but 50-90% raw (depending on season) seems much more sensible/doable. There are just some foods that are better digested cooked (grains, beans--though I would take the raw fooder advice of soaking or even sprouting them before using...then preparing them by steaming, for example, as preferable to high-heat methods of cooking. Ideally that is: I still use canned beans.)

>YMMV, but 50-90% raw (depending on season) seems much more
>sensible/doable. There are just some foods that are better
>digested cooked (grains, beans--though I would take the raw
>fooder advice of soaking or even sprouting them before
>using...then preparing them by steaming, for example, as
>preferable to high-heat methods of cooking. Ideally that is:
>I still use canned beans.)

Hee! Had to laugh at the last part,b/c I still use canned beans, too!
I get lazy when it comes to dried beans.

Oh, I agree. I'm not sold on the "all or nothing" of raw, either.
Especially since it's frick'in freezing here and my body wants warm food!

Interesting thread Kathryn. I go back and forth with this subject as well. It's just so hard to eat 100% raw. I've been so sick of salads lately that I throw the entire salad into the vitamix and grind it up with a little water and choke it down (as a drink).

BUT it's incredible how much energy and how great ya feel when you get those live enzymes. Your motivating me again! Thanks - and I'm gonna get those recommended books.

Briee

(oh by the way...I have an Omega juicer which I love because it's easier to clean - but it's centrifical. I also have the champion juicer which makes AWESOME mock icecream, but is big, heavy, and harder to clean. I couldn't live without either)

I encourage all of you to look out for classified sales in regards to these items. I bought my champion juicer for maybe $50. and my commercial vitamix for $90 - used and barely used at that. One from a garage sale and one in the classifieds. I've seen at least 3 champions at garage sales so far. (I'm extremely cheap):7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.