Any jewelry makers here?

Connie1

Cathlete
I have been making jewelry for about 5 years. Recently, in the past year, I have stepped it up. I am learning new techniques and business seems to be increasing.

I am also a dental hygienist. I am only working in hygiene 3 days a week (that's one reason the jewelry is growing!)

To anyone who works at home making jewelry or a similar business, I would like hints on keeping a healthful exercise routine.

(Also, any comments on favorite jewelry styles, stones, etc!)

Thanks,

Connie L.

I would love to see pictures 'cos I love rings and silver jewelry! I like 'ethnic' or 'earthy' style types of jewelry, if that makes sense; nothing too elegant or 5th Avenue looking.

My wedding ring has a star sapphire (not a diamond - bleh), which is my favorite gem in the whole world.

Susan L.G.

Hi Susan!

I need to take pictures of the earrings and necklaces. Right now I do have a few pieces on my website, www.papayani.com.

Last night I soldered for the very first time!!

Connie

Very pretty!

I like the ones on the "more earrings" page, 5th from the left - the greenish stone looking ones.

I used to practice soldering when I was in college as part of my audio recording techniques major. We had to practice repairing audio equipment. Soldering can get way out of control, and can be quite painful if you burn yourself. I have to admit, I'm pretty good at a lot of things, but soldering is not one of them!

Susan L.G.

Hi Susan,

Those are pretty. I LOVE jewerly. I always wanted to design my
own just for a hobby not for business. Do you have any tips where
I could find information on how to get started? I would love to make
my own sterling silver jewerly. I have so many ideas I just don't know
where to get the stuff (materials, euipment etc..)

Kathy

P.S. I like the unusual styles with weird shapes. I also like
silver with amber and silver with the blue stone (I'm not sure what it's called.)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.