Any ex-Triphasil users?

Bettypcw

Cathlete
Is anyone an ex-Triphasil user? It's been off the market for a year now and I deeply miss it. What do you use now that's very similar? Triphasil was perfect in every sense considering what I've been using since. I am on Lo-Ogestrel and I am affected by some moodiness and weight gain. Same with Trivora, and Alesse doesn't work for me.

Does anyone know anything about whether it's ever going to return? Wyeth will not say, and I've been calling them periodically for a year. I read somewhere there was a problem with the production facility but I can't find the link again.

I use bcp to control my flow. I feel I'm at the mercy of these pills!

Thanks!

I am also an ex-Triphasil user. I couldn't understand why in the world they took it off the market. I had no problems whatsoever with Triphasil. My biggest concern was any kind of moodiness or weight gain. I switched to Trivora. Thankfully, I have had no problems with this one either.

I haven't heard anything about Triphasi, since I found out that it wasn't being sold anymore. Sorry.

I'll be taking bc pills, until DH gets a vasectomy. :)

My gyn had put me on Yaz. It's supposed to be really great (and I know a lot of people who love it), but it didn't work for me (breakthrough bleeding, etc.), I'm not on anything right now.

Anyway, I have heard pretty good things about Yaz (it just didn't work for me).

Lorie

I'm an X-triphasil user. I didn't know they took it off the market. I don't take any BCP's anymore since DH got a vasectomy. I highly recommend it!

I thought I would have irregular periods and weight fluctuations, more moodiness, etc. when I got off the pill. But, I have been pleasantly surprised. My periods are almost as regular as they were when I was on triphasil and the other PMS symptoms are about the same.

I have to say, that I am sceptical of the new BCP's that claim to take away the periods entirely. That just doesn't seem natural to me! I don't like to fool with mother nature any more than I feel I have to. Ya just never know how that will affect you in the long run. It actually feels so refreshing and freeing to NOT take any medications at all.:)

By the way, hubby was very weary of doing the vasectomy but would highly recommend it now to anyone who asks him about it. He said it really was a piece of cake.

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.