another sunless rave

kariev

Cathlete
Hi ladies. I have another sunless tanner that i really like. Its by bath and body works. Its called "Strike Gold" by their True Blue line. I woke up this morning with a beutiful brown color. It never developed a DHA smell. It smells tropical and absorbed quickly and it didn't come off on my exercise clothes this morning. So i just wanted to share as I know many of us are looking for a good sunless tanner.

Woo! Excellent! Thanks so much for sharing. I like my Jergens, but it does have that distinct self-tanner smell. I'm going to check out Dave's too.

Do they have a facial tanner as well? I am so pale; it's ridiculous. Thanks for the tip - I'm going to B&BW after work! :)

Marcia

Thanks kariev!!! I'm going to have to go to B&BW tonight. I am so pale, it's embarrassing...x(

I've tried Dave's but just can't get past that smell. My skin ends up smelling like I just came from a tanning salon.

Thanks again!

I gave up on sunless tanners a long time ago, because all the ones I tried had an odor, and I'm EXTREMELY sensitive to scents and fragrances. And you can't just wash this stuff off because it gets into your skin and smells all the rest of the day. You have a reaction to this just once and you'll stay far far away from then on, let me tell ya!

At any rate, it's been years since I last tried sunless tanners, so maybe technology has improved enough that I might be able to find a tanner that is unscented. Does anyone know of one?

the sunless tanner was 20dollars. they often run sales for this line so keep your eyes open. i'm not at home so i'm not sure how big the bottle is but it will give you lots of full body applications. i'm not sure if they have a face tanner as i only use a darker foundation on my face to give me color. Tanners are such a pain in the butt but i refuse to not swear them off and will continue to give them a try. For the poster that is allergic to fragreances, give famous daves a try. its fragrance free but his price has gone up a bit since becoming popular. you can find it on ebay or www.famousdavestanner.com Also if you do a search for organic sunless tanners you will find lots with no added fragrance. hope you ladies like this one.

I saw those there when buying a gift cert for someone. I wondered if they were any good but didn't try it. thanks for the review :)

kariev - I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!! Strike Gold is THE BEST!!!

I've been using it for about a week and I AM TAN!!!!! And I do not normally tan, so I am beyond pleased. Even my DH, who didn't know I was using it, commented last night on how tan my arms are. They are even tanner than his!!

It's so easy to apply and no bad smell!! Thanks for posting your review!

Thanks for the suggestion. I am a pale redhead so I have been thinking of using a sunless tanner for the summer. I am not looking to get super tan just something to give my legs a little color so they do not blind people;-)

Kariev and Melissa, so there's NO scent?? If so, I may have to try this one out too! I've tried Famous Daves and although it looked nice, there was that smell (DH HATES it). I've since given up on sunless lotions but I'll give this one a try. I'm such a sucker for this stuff!:p

Carolyn

there is no dha smell. when you first apply it, it has a tropical perfume scent that is a bit overpowering but that fades to a nice light tropical scent in an hour or so. it never developed that "burnt" smell that i often got with daves tanner.

Anyone ever tried Jiffy Tan by Benefit? I just bought some ($24) and I really like it. I was going to FL for the weekend to meet my boyfriend's parents for the first time and didn't want to frighten them with my uber-paleness. The Jiffy Tan isn't a self-tanner, it's just a lotion that tints you temporarily. It looks very natural (it is supposed to adjust to everyone's skin tone) and if you want to be darker you can put more on. It didn't make me orange, as I recall with the old, old sunless tanners I used when I was a teenager (Sudden Tan, anyone?). Jiffy Tan washes off with soap and water, which I like. So I can be my normal worm-white the next day if I want. Another thing I like about it is that I can just apply it strategically-- like arms and legs only if I'm wearing a skirt and short-sleeved shirt, and not have to put it everywhere.:)

Karen

I have seen several threads on sunless tanners and since you all seem to be pretty experienced I thought you could answer my one question that has been preventing me from trying sunless tanners. How do you get it on your back? Evenly? I mean really, are you all really good yogis with great flexibility? When my midback itches I need to ask DH to scratch it to really get it good. I just can't imagine getting sunless tanner on there evenly.

Shayne

>I have seen several threads on sunless tanners and since you
>all seem to be pretty experienced I thought you could answer
>my one question that has been preventing me from trying
>sunless tanners. How do you get it on your back? Evenly? I
>mean really, are you all really good yogis with great
>flexibility? When my midback itches I need to ask DH to
>scratch it to really get it good. I just can't imagine
>getting sunless tanner on there evenly.
>
>Shayne

I'm fortunate enough to get it on my back myself. I do have some flexible shoulders;-) I have heard of people using a back wash sponge that is on a stick to get it on their back. Others will buy the aerosol sunless tanners and use those just on their backs where they can't reach. Hope this helps some. You can find loads of advise on www.sunless.com

>Anyone ever tried Jiffy Tan by Benefit? I just bought some
>($24) and I really like it. I was going to FL for the weekend
>to meet my boyfriend's parents for the first time and didn't
>want to frighten them with my uber-paleness. The Jiffy Tan
>isn't a self-tanner, it's just a lotion that tints you
>temporarily. It looks very natural (it is supposed to adjust
>to everyone's skin tone) and if you want to be darker you can
>put more on. It didn't make me orange, as I recall with the
>old, old sunless tanners I used when I was a teenager (Sudden
>Tan, anyone?). Jiffy Tan washes off with soap and water,
>which I like. So I can be my normal worm-white the next day
>if I want. Another thing I like about it is that I can just
>apply it strategically-- like arms and legs only if I'm
>wearing a skirt and short-sleeved shirt, and not have to put
>it everywhere.:)
>
>Karen

Karen, does this rub off on your clothes at all during the course of the day? What happens if you sweat in the heat or get caught in an afternoon rain shower? Does it only come off when soap is added to the mix?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.