Another Reason To Love Cathe!

Before I waste money on memberships, I always think about how many Workout videos I can buy with that money and how many times I can play it over and over - for free. I too love not having to pack stuff, drive to the gym, and then share the whole experience with others. I have even worked out in my work clothes (when appropriate, of course) because DH was sleeping and I didn't want to wake him to change.

: )
I got myself a gym membership ONCE. I ended up using the rowing machine for 1.5 hrs and then heading to the hot tub every time (after trying to conform to the whole gym society which wasn't for me at all). lol.
I ONLY miss the hot tub.

Yea, I've belonged to several gyms. They looked clean on the surface, and most of them were very nice, but after watching people, and what they did, had to cancel my membership. Can't remember the thread, but someone on the forum mentioned, that watching a member blow his nose in the drinking fountain, was the deal breaker for her membership.

OMG Karen, that's disgusting. They wouldn't do that in their own home, but yet in a very public space! Grrr.
I think there are people who definitely will get their money's worth from a costly gym membership, but I'm just aware that I am not one of them. I'm doing some yamuna ball release method training right now and finding my way to the place so early in the morning can be quite challenging.

Also, our County and Cities have rec centers that you can join for $4 for a 1-day pass, $20 for a month (unlimited use), and like $120 for a year. I like to use the passes for when I'm in my running phases and it's 100 degrees in Las Vegas. Most have very nice facilities and many throughout the neighborhoods.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.