Another Question for Fitness Freak (or anyone)

Lori26

Hi! I see so many people go to you for help and you give such great advice! I'm hoping you can help me. I am trying to lose weight and tone up. I am 4'8", 31 years old and weight 117 pounds. i'm not sure where my calories should be in order to lose. i want to lose about 15 pounds. I've tried WW and have lost weight before but always felt hungry. Right now i walk 5 days a week and do weights once a week. Any advice or help you or anyone else can give would be greatly appreciated.

Lori

With what I've read here your BMR is 1281 calories. That means if you were a couch potato, that is what you need to eat to maintain your current weight.

Since you are somewhat active I figured your calories as this:

1761 to maintain your current weight.

If you want to lose weight, you should eat between 1233-1409 calories.

I personally think anything in the 1200 range is way too low. So I suggest you keep your calories at a happy medium, maybe around 1350 or so.

What are you goals? I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve. I think you need to do more weight lifting and add in some high intensity cardio, but again, that depends on your goals.

Thank you for responding so quickly. That calorie range definitely sounds more doable then 1200.

My goals are to lose the fat i have and gain muscle. I definitely want to see some definition in my arms and just trim down my legs. I have been trying to follow Cathe's Dec '07 rotation. I'm struggling a little with working up to the intensity of some of them but i know in time it will get easier. I love the gym styles dvd's. Would they be good ones to stick with or should i try some of the other ones? I have all of her dvd's except Cardio Kicks, Cardio Hits and the Terminator.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.