Another dumb question....???

veganchick

Cathlete
Sorry to bother everyone but I was just wondering if you can get great results with the CTX series and then a little additional weight training. I use CTX sometimes but have found some of the workouts to be less challenging then Cathe's other tapes. Maybe i could do one CTX in the am and one in the pm or cardio portion in the am then a body part or the whole upper or whole lower in thee evening? I really like that series and I havent gotten my Intensity series yet so that is what I was curious about. I also do at leawst once per week Imax, PH and MIS.....Sometimes I do Circuit Max as well. Thanks

I agree with you that they are somewhat less intense, solely because shorter.

I use them as perfect length cardio bouts before a strenuous upper body weight training session.

Or, if I want a total cardio blast I double up and do two cardio sessions from two tapes and it works just great this way, combining two of them provides so uch variety. For example, All Step and Power Circuit go great together, as do 10 10 10 and kickbox. Love those combinations.

I have never done the weights work that follows since I prefer to do my upper body training all on the same day.

Does this help at all?

Clare

You could either, a.) use the upperbody parts as is, doing 1 part per day, but instead of doing the CTX cardio, do Imax, CK, CM, RS, etc. b.) use the cardio as is, but do S&H or PS afterwards. I personally think CTX is tough, but maybe I'm a wimp.

I use the CTX cardios for "easy" days or for days when I have limited time. I often do a CTX cardio and then 2 body parts to make it a worthwhile day, but it never counts as a hard cardio day like MIC or Imax. I do 2 hard and 2 easier cardios a week and every muscle group twice.

What I do is combine two tapes body parts to make my CTX body part a little more strenunous (ex. CTX biceps/PS biceps afterwards skipping the warm up on the 2nd tape) and I find this works great. I will usually just do whichever tape's cardio for the day since 1 hour is all the time I have to workout total for cardio and strength training and this works for me. So just another idea for you.

-Jilliana

Maybe it's just me, but I love CTX as is. When I do it 6 consecutive workouts (not necessrily 6 consecutive days) I get about 2 1/2 hour of intense cardio (IMHO and according to my heart monitor) and work every body part including a major lower body workout. When I do this as I did in the maximum weight loss rotation I see great results. Also I find the workout lengths to be perfect as I don't usually have more than an hour to work out. Maybe as stand alone workouts they are less intense than others, but as a set they are fabulous!

I always get the best advice from you guys....Thank you so much for being a really strong support group. You are exactly the kind of friends I need....I wish we could all workout together someday!! thanks again...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.