Announcing the Grand Opening of Our New On Demand Streaming Video Portal

Can You download Cathe Live workouts?

No, we only stream the Cathe Live workouts. They're not something that you can download to your computer or iPad.

Anyone having problems?

I signed up, went to search videos, and every video I searched for...there was no result. I must be doing something wrong...

I searched for Butts and Guts and also for Low Impact Circuit (as they were in my rotation this week) but nothing.

Hmm. :(

Video Search

When you do a search for an individual video you must make sure the two sort additional fields on the right are set to "All Categories" and "All Tags". We do plan on adding a "Clear" button pretty soon so that after searching it will be more intuitive and quicker to clear your search criteria and return to the default search settings.

You can also search by Workout series or type of workout by leaving the first field "Search" blank and then clicking on either the "workout series" drop down or the "Workout Type" drop down. Hope this helps.

I signed up. I have most of Cathe's DVD's (the one's that I want anyway) but there are a few I've been wanting so this will give me a chance to try them out. Also, I want to try out some live classes as they get posted.

Update:

Tried High Step Challenge this morning. Good workout except it cut out 3 times and I finally switched to a non-streaming workout. I use a major provider (Roger's) so cannot explain why this kept cutting out. Very frustrating indeed. I will try again another day.

Last edited:
I think the thing to remember is that whether you buy our DVDs, Downloads or Subscribe to our new Cathe OnDemand the workout is the same and that is what is important - not the technology.

DVDs have their advantages too, like chapter points and premixes, though this is something our next generation streaming videos will have soon too. DVDs also don't require an internet connection which for people in rural areas can be extremely slow and problematic.

Eventually you will have no choice but to switch to OnDemand services as DVDs will be phased out by almost everyone. But that's not going to happen this year and when exactly this will be is anyone's guess.

I'm one of those rural area people. I would love to have access, but we don't have competition for internet service, so it is expensive and is not reliable/sporadic. :(

Last edited:
Has anyone tried streaming this from the Kindle Fire "Silk" browser yet? I want to start the streaming service I can't use my Fire I'll have to make some (moving stuff around) changes and don't want to sign up unless I'm sure it works.

Does the live streaming and On Demand support Airplay/AppleTV. As of right now I do a component cable from my iPhone to my TV for my downloads. Just wanted to make sure I could do the same things if I subscribed.

Thanks

Hello newlywed,

Yes, you can send our videos from the browser on your iPhone/iPad/iPod to an AppleTV via Airplay. Assuming you are using the current version of iOS, simply swipe up from the bottom of the display, tap on Airplay, then choose your AppleTV from the list. What is on your iDevice screen will now be mirrored on AppleTV.

Alternatively, after the video begins to play, you should see an Airplay icon in the lower right corner of the screen. You can tap on that to choose your AppleTV to view your Cathe videos on your television.

Hope that helps!

Hi Curtis.

I'm short on time right now so haven't read the whole thread - I apologize if this point has been raised.

I am very excited to try the live class streaming. My suggestion/request would be to ensure that the sound quality is high. We want to be able to clearly hear Cathe tell us to 'Work Work'!

Thanks, Lori

Sound for Cathe Live

We control all of the levels and can increase the vocals to music ratio or visa versa of any of our live productions. But give us feedback in our Cathe TV forums on how it sounds and we can always make adjustments during the broadcast. I'm not sure, but we may also have live chat going to.

We control all of the levels and can increase the vocals to music ratio or visa versa of any of our live productions. But give us feedback in our Cathe TV forums on how it sounds and we can always make adjustments during the broadcast. I'm not sure, but we may also have live chat going too.

Thanks! That sounds great!

Lori

Last edited by a moderator:
On Demand not working on iPhone 5

Hello,
I have an iPhone 5. When I try to view a workout (DVD) from the On Demand site, I get an error that states, "Content unavailable. We're sorry, but this video is unavailable on this device". Does the On Demand not work on iPhones?
:confused:

iPhone OnDemand Problem

OnDemand works just fine on an iPhone. The message you're seeing means your not logged on into your OnDemand account. Just log on to your OnDemand account from your phone and you should be good to go.

I am on iPhone 5c and have not been able to view a video on phone. Log in, select vide, video section of screen is black while the loading icon spins to the left of the time at top of screen. 40+ minutes this time with no video. I've tried it a number of times and the same thing every time. Oddly, videos play just fine on my ancient 1st gen iPad. Go figure.

Not on wireless since the gym I go to doesn't have a Guest wireless connection. BUT I shut my phone off and turned it back on. Now the videos stream. Go figure. Thanks for the quick responses.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.