Announcing the birth of

Congratulations!!

Wow - did that go fast - I remember when you announced that you were expecting.
Welcome Kalina!!
Congratulations to you and your family!!
Great pictures!
Erica

You're a brat!!!!

Just kidding, congratulations! I can't wait to announce mine. Glad everything went well, I'm assuming you made it to the hospital? Can't wait to hear details.

Congrats!
Sue

Congratulations, Leela!

Glad to hear the experience has been much better this time, too! Hope all is well, can't wait to hear about your post-partum recovery as well!

Lucy K

RE: Congratulations!

Hi Leela-
Congrats on your new daughter! She is beautiful.. I will be anxious to hear more of the details when you get a chance!
PS.. For just delivering a baby, you looked pretty radiant yourself!!!
Lynn

Nursing at the keyboard.......is that a proud mama or what:)? Congratulations on your new arrival. Kalina is beautiful as is your other little glamour girl, Anjali! Looking forward to hearing more. Sleep well;-)!

ROTFL!! :)

I thought of you!! My friend Kris is also due before me in august, and told me I had to wait ..

heh heh heh.

Anyway - Thurs night, was fortunate to recognize labor starting in the form of mild recurrent (20 min apart) back cramps.

Late thursday, found traces of show (not like with Anjali), so I knew this was it.

Friday morning, told hubby we were both staying home, dropped daughter off at daycare. At 11;45, called drs office and they admonished me to get to the hospital NOW (they aren't taking any chances :)

By 12:30 when we got there, cramps much more intense, close together.

By 2:30 in transition.

By 3:45 - had baby. Easy delivery. I don't feel like I gave birth at all. No real 'damage' done . I had pre-eclampsia/helpp, which I knew I would get, as I had some strange symtoms that my sister had last year (but the docs didn't believe me... :) ), so I had to go on magnesium sulfate for 24 hrs, which made me groggy and tired, but not too tired to room in, bond, and nurse -

Things are so easy this time around. It all happened marvelously well, and we are so calm around her, as opposed to the frantic new parents that we were with Anjali. Of course, not having her go to NICU, etc, like Anjali made a huge difference.

Nurse/doctors told me that I could NOT exert myself due to the pre-e this week, andthat I was to be very very very careful even if I felt like I could run a marathon (not that great, but very close to normal levels of energy,etc). So i'm forcing myself to do nothing but hang around and feed her, and hold her, etc.

All in all, we are very happy; Family bedding is now a two bed thing - Rich sleeps with Anjali, I sleep with Kalina. When Kalina can hold her head up, roll over, etc, we will try to merge the arrangement.

Anjali is cautious but sweet and tender. She is definitely bonding more to Rich, but that happened even before Kalina arrived - it might be part of her age (2 and 7 mos). I hope to reconnect with her once Kalina is a few weeks older and not nursing seemingly all the time ;-)

Take care, and easy labor vibes to yoU!!!!!

leela

Thank you all for your kind responses!

We are having a blast. This is so easy the second time around.

This is my last baby, and I'm really just enjoying her. I'm looking forward to exercising again as soon as I get the go ahead - feel great, but with the pre-eclampsia, have to take it easy. I think in 4 weeks though, all will be right as rain!

Leela

Congratulations!

Both your children are just beautiful. Congratulations on your new addition. Please keep us posted on your post delivery progress. Hope you are well.

Wow!

Congrats, Leela! That's fantastic. I bet you're glad to have that over with, huh?

Enjoy your new baby!

Renae

My update

Well, after my doctor visit yesterday I am dialted to 4 cm!!!! He claims less than 1% of women walk around at my stage. I can only hope!!!! I am at work this am closing things up and will go home at noon. I'm supposed to call him by 3:00 today. The only bad thing, is he is going on vacation tomorrow through next Tuesday! His backup is the doctor I had with my recent miscarriage!!!! Aaack! I am going to remind him of this little tidbit when I call today and hopefully he'll say just go to the hospital tonight and we'll break your water. He claims the baby is long, but didn't say anything about weight. He would prefer to wait until next Tuesday for me to have this, but technically I'm 38 weeks tomorrow. Needless to say, I am ready! I'll keep you posted, and take care everyone!

Thanks Debbie!

If I had even a string of energy I would go home & attempt a Cathe tape to get things moving, but I think I'll settle for a nice brisk walk! Hopefully you won't hear from me for a couple of days and then I'll be back with news! Thanks again!

Hooray!

Congratulations, Leela, Rich, and Anjali! I am just getting back from vacation and was so happy to see your post! Unfortunately, I can't find the pictures of the little one -- am I missing something? I want to see this beautiful little girl!

Glad to hear the second time around was easier -- gives me hope (although not much incentive yet!).

Thanks for sharing the news -- I'm so thrilled for you all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.